Sponsored

Mustang tick?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, it's not supposed to; that's what the additives are for. But on the other hand, it only makes sense, since the spread is huge on the 5/50, so the additives start depleting quicker. The less the spread obviously the better. The only way to put that to rest is to put a new bottle of 5/50 and of 5/20 in the freezer, and see how they flow to the naked eye; should be about the same. Wanna do it? Ha ha. When used, I agree with you the 5/50 will be thicker. I'd never even consider 5/50 for this car, but I'd like to know the difference, out of curiosity :).
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my lord.. another Mustang tick thread. Go buy a dodge, then get the dodge tick, then after making tons of forums posts about it, sell it and buy a chevy, and get the chevy tick. Continue on with this scenario till you find one that doesn't have a tick. Buy it. Keep it.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I have that noise sometimes while the engine is still a bit cold. When its fully warmed up, the noise is almost entirely gone. What about you? I dont think this is an issue;

Also this isnt a tick, its more of a sizzle whistle or something haha.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hello , I have mustang gt 2015 and I wounder is this famous "ticking" or just normal engine operating sound. Is very constant sound. (This two cliping sound at beggining is my microphone)
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to switch to 5w-30 engine oil. Ford always recommended 5w-20 for the coyotes but with these third gens they seem to like the bit thicker oil. I always run 5w-30 in my cars and I think it personally helps with the longevity.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Oh my lord.. another Mustang tick thread. Go buy a dodge, then get the dodge tick, then after making tons of forums posts about it, sell it and buy a chevy, and get the chevy tick. Continue on with this scenario till you find one that doesn't have a tick. Buy it. Keep it.
Tesla. No tick, guaranteed

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Is there anything guaranteed with a Tesla?

Even the basic don’t catch on fire isn’t guaranteed.

Its guaranteed that you won't have a valvetrain/bottom end tick, that will grenade the motor.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
If you would have said engine I would agree :thumbsup:
OP's video was regarding engine noise (or lack there of really). Either way, good find on the Tesla. No such thing as a perfect car.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh my lord.. another Mustang tick thread. Go buy a dodge
Rather than post your crap, why not just skip the threads you're not interested in? You know you don't have to read every one of them, right? Spend your time doing something else more productive, and spare us your misery :D. Thank you very much :).

Until the Gen6 is phased out, get used to more posts on this issue as more people buy new cars. And even when phased out, new used car owners will continue posting about it, so either help them out, or just skip the threads. It's an honest suggestion, for your mental health. Ha ha.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Rather than post your crap,
Ever hear of warranty? Bring it in if ur that concerned FFS. Man if some of yous every heard a 1969/70 BOSS 302 run it'll send you into therapy.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You can't really compare modern engines to those. Yes they made noises but that doesn't mean engines today need to make the same sounds.

Ever hear of warranty? Bring it in if ur that concerned FFS. Man if some of yous every heard a 1969/70 BOSS 302 run it'll send you into therapy.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You can't really compare modern engines to those. Yes they made noises but that doesn't mean engines today need to make the same sounds.
Ever listen to a Ferrari 488 speed in person? Again, 300K spent and it'll send some into therapy. Haha. Cheers.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That is true and they do not....

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ever listen to a Ferrari 488 speed in person? Again, 300K spent and it'll send some into therapy.
Yep; a friend has one (and he wishes it was $300K. Ha ha. And he paid MSRP), and it sounds perfectly normal, as in no tick. Maybe a hair louder than my still reportedly quiet Coyote, but not by much. The tick is not a normal noise, period. That it might not be detrimental to the engine, is a different matter. But it's not normal, because if Ford had its tolerances under control, it wouldn't happen. Ferrari engines are built by hand, and its components matched, so such an issue would be a rare exception, rather than the norm, like with Ford. Can't compare those 2 engines man; just look at the freaking difference in price, so kind of expected, if you ask me. None of my brother's Ferraris have ever made any such noises. And neither the many others I've heard over the years. The noises they make are really normal. Not 'normal' because most engines happen to make the same undesirable noise. VERY different :D.

But yes, I realize I might have to live with that noise on my cheap Mustang. But if it's as mild as some that I've heard, I wouldn't be happy, but wouldn't lose any sleep either. But better be really mild. Ha ha.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has it ever been discussed that the high pressure direct fuel injection pump that sits on the top of the valve cover has external sound deadening built in?

There is a very thick 1/4 solid steel shell with a thick molded foam insulator inside the steel shell that enshrouds the fuel pump itself.

I wonder why :sunglasses:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also question if it's that pump, since the rattle is quite loud even inside the cabin, and the pump seems quite well insulated. Or is the '2K rattle' something else? Only a recording device placed at different parts of the engine compartment could shed some light on that issue :D.
Sponsored