Sponsored

Mustang GT Premium vs Mustang GT PP1

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Pics or it didn't happen. It doesn't exist in any documentation anywhere, not on the official Ford configurator, not in any literature - you can start a thread here and solicit owners of non-PPx cars that have OEM Magneride and you won't get a single confirmation.
dont care I know what I saw and didnt believe it myself I called and verified. Yeah Im gonna magically produce a pic of a window sticker form 2 years ago ok...
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
dont care I know what I saw and didnt believe it myself I called and verified. Yeah Im gonna magically produce a pic of a window sticker form 2 years ago ok...
I have phones pictures from the last decade, and digital pics from the last 2, so sure, why not?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yep, drove a MY18+ base (well, Premium/401a/Ebony package), PP1 w/o MR and PP1 w/ MR, and based my purchasing decision on several factors: my review of S550.2 vehicles, my ownership of a '2016 PP1 car (and the previous tests of non-PP1 cars in the S550 flavor, as well as considering and driving a few '13/'14 GT500s), my ownership of several performance cars including a number of Vettes, and other moderately to extensively modified performance models from various manufacturers (including my 750 HP Supra that was a near ground up build).

I tested a number of other cars before both GT purchases including vehicles like an M3/M4. I also have close to 100 track events under my belt over a couple of decades, including road course, A/X and a couple of sanctioned top end runs (including DIY'ing all the required prep for said events), and a decent amount of wheel time with other makes/models at those events for comparison (Vipers, GT-R, P-cars).

So yeah, I feel like I made a pretty qualified choice, informed by a reasonable amount of experience.
So no then? every car you just listed in mustang form all had pp1. And all those other cars and your driving history makes for nothing in the actually as to if pp1 makes a difference in street driving. what does a viper or gtr or bmw have to do with a mustangs PP1? it doesn't mater Im off to a new topic LOL. love ya guys wish we could all get together for poker and talk crap about cars man that would be a fun game LOL.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I mean, I __had__ a picture of B
Thank you for your insight! I am glad to hear the perspective of someone who drove both cars!

Here's the thing, if you really want aftermarket, for whatever reason: to better differentiate your car from all the other Mustangs on the road, for the fun of doing it (which I get, I've done a few "max effort" type builds), to have less cost up front and/or financed (and you'll do upgrades incrementally).

Sure!

I mean, even with a PP1 car I'm still running aftermarket wheels/tires, even with the Active Exhaust, I still added an H-pipe (AE is awesome BTW).

@Mikthehun1 had some very specific rationale with not choosing a PP1, but it wasn't because "it's not really better", his cost-to-value/improvement dicated it wasn't worth it, especially with a full tilt replacement and not wanting the staggered wheels.

The MR tech is really a game changer on the Mustang, handling is more predictable, the ride is more compliant, it's reactive to vertical shifts providing a level of control that's not possible with a "fixed" suspension system, but granted, it's ~$6K with discounts (i.e., PP + MR).

I wanted a car, that from day one, of ownership, with a full warranty, would give me the best experience, that wouldn't require downtime, etc., so I went with as full of a loaded GT as I could source.

It's been pretty spectacular ...

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have phones pictures from the last decade, and digital pics from the last 2, so sure, why not?
I think i own about 40 pictures in total and they are all on this forum LOL. I just got a new phone after 6 years and the sd card in my old one had 37 pictures on it. I just dont care about pictures and have nothing to prove.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nothing must have in the Premium package for me. And it seems overpriced for the fluff you get.

The current pricing of the PP1 package (now >2x what it cost in 2015) makes going aftermarket for the upgrades a valid choice.

OP
OP

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I mean, I __had__ a picture of B

Here's the thing, if you really want aftermarket, for whatever reason: to better differentiate your car from all the other Mustangs on the road, for the fun of doing it (which I get, I've done a few "max effort" type builds), to have less cost up front and/or financed (and you'll do upgrades incrementally).

Sure!

I mean, even with a PP1 car I'm still running aftermarket wheels/tires, even with the Active Exhaust, I still added an H-pipe (AE is awesome BTW).

@Mikthehun1 had some very specific rationale with not choosing a PP1, but it wasn't because "it's not really better", his cost-to-value/improvement dicated it wasn't worth it, especially with a full tilt replacement and not wanting the staggered wheels.

The MR tech is really a game changer on the Mustang, handling is more predictable, the ride is more compliant, it's reactive to vertical shifts providing a level of control that's not possible with a "fixed" suspension system, but granted, it's ~$6K with discounts (i.e., PP + MR).

I wanted a car, that from day one, of ownership, with a full warranty, would give me the best experience, that wouldn't require downtime, etc., so I went with as full of a loaded GT as I could source.

It's been pretty spectacular ...
Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate the help! I guess at the end of the day I am looking for a better cost to value.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
At the end of the day we all might talk crap to each other here but we are still car people. Man you should see the gas, oil, tires arguments LOL.

its your money , you only have yourself to make happy. Do what you feel is right for you. the only real feedback I can offer is if your gonna mod think about the pp1 and not buying it because you will end up removing over 3/4th s of it so on that level its a waste.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
You trust what someone at a dealership says? Whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about, which is about par for the course for any dealer I've been to. MagneRide is not an option on non PP1 cars. And it's MagneRide, not MagnaRide. Magne as in "Magnetic". When adding MagneRide to the Ford configurator, it forces the build into a PP1 car.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
How much is the Premium with PP and Magneride that some of you guys say you gotta get ?

FWIW, there wasn’t any Black Premiums with PP and Magneride when I was looking. I wouldn’t have been able to afford one anyway. I’m happy with what I have. Car rides great snd has plenty of power. :)

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
You trust what someone at a dealership says? Whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about, which is about par for the course for any dealer I've been to. MagneRide is not an option on non PP1 cars. And it's MagneRide, not MagnaRide. Magne as in "Magnetic". When adding MagneRide to the Ford configurator, it forces the build into a PP1 car.
yup i misspell all the time read my signature line. I know what I saw and i know what the window sticker said Im not an idiot. yall can believe what ya want. special orders can and are made. for all I know its an Atlanta dealer maybe the owner was a special guy to ford and he ordered one and then didn't want it. Just because the public cant get something does not mean some were not made. but i forgot the internet is all knowing. like i said believe what ya want I know what I saw, read and got verified. so unless the window sticker was a misprint....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I went through this with him months ago, took screen shots of the configurator, supplied literature from Ford - the hardware for Magneride is a matching system, it's all built around the PPx suspension, including special springs, and we know the hubs for MR cars are even specific (it's sourced from the GT350). Plus, there's additional sensors, controllers, programming, even Ford, regardless of who asked for it, doesn't just pull some random parts off the shelf and cram them into an incompatible car during a build, that's absurd.

He probably saw a PP1 car where the buyer wanted the wheels swapped to regular 20" GT wheels, and never picked up the car - saw the wheels (i.e., the most conspicuous identifier), thought, "Oh, this isn't a PP car", looked at the sticker, saw MR, didn't note it also indicated Performance Package, and just did a 2 + 2 = 5. :giggle:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The OP is in California. I think they take....what....$500 off sticker in California?

OP, fly to Northern Virginia, and drive your new car home. Even with the cost of gas and hotels, it will be thousands cheaper.

Heck yeah, when I bought my '16, it was a new inventory on a lot up in MD, I'm in FL, didn't even see it in person, had it shipped to my door with ~$10K discounted, a good $4K better than all the locals, and it was the perfect configuration I was having trouble finding (in 2015, it was tough finding a '16 GT convertible with the PP, most convertibles were automatics ...)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I went through this with him months ago, took screen shots of the configurator, supplied literature from Ford - the hardware for Magneride is a matching system, it's all built around the PPx suspension, including special springs, and we know the hubs for MR cars are even specific (it's sourced from the GT350). Plus, there's additional sensors, controllers, programming, even Ford, regardless of who asked for it, doesn't just pull some random parts off the shelf and cram them into an incompatible car during a build, that's absurd.

He probably saw a PP1 car where the buyer wanted the wheels swapped to regular 20" GT wheels, and never picked up the car - saw the wheels (i.e., the most conspicuous identifier), thought, "Oh, this isn't a PP car", looked at the sticker, saw MR, didn't note it also indicated Performance Package, and just did a 2 + 2 = 5. :giggle:
You gonna tell me that GH does not make special builds for Hendrick? NO auto maker makes a car for anyone thats special or different? For your age I would expect you not to rely on the internet as truth. You Sir are a bit insulting and I know what I saw I know how to read a window sticker. I have even said I questioned it myself and called the dealer and had them double check line by line. Of course when its what you want to hear dealers are ok but when its not what you want to hear then dealers are idiots. I believe that no matter how much of an idiot you feel a dealer is they are capable of walking up to a car looking at the options box and seeing performance pack and magneride in a 2 in sq space.

I honestly dont give a damn weather you believe me or not but you Sir are one arrogant individual and most times insulting. I got news for you a good 2/3rds of your post go unanswered cause you dont have a clue most times what you are talking about but you sure as hell think you do.

I am have strong opinions and play devils advocate alot but one thing I do not do is directly insult people a habit which you have.

At this point they can just ban me from the forums cause I am seriously tired of know it all arrogant I am car god people like you.

Although My typing would suggest otherwise ( simply cause i have zero respect for this form of communication and could not care less how my typing looks on a screen to a bunch of strangers) I am rather intelligent . Since you like to brag so much about how smart you are and the cars you have had here.... I have 2 degrees in medicine, one in radiology. I was on deans list every single quarter i was in college and was the only one out of the entire graduating class to graduate Summa cum laude . WE use rather complicated math in radiation therapy but im sure I can get you 2+2=5 if ya want.

Basically I can read a F(*kin window sticker. I questioned it myself, I researched it. It wasnt a oh I saw shiny wheels and just figured. Whats that service company everyone uses to get a report on their cars like how many yellow with manuals and convertible? you know how many one off cars I have seen come from that ? quite a few so dont tell me ford does not make one off cars because they sure as hell do. Or there are a lot of people being lied to by that company.

yeah im fired up so what. 93 octane is a waste the cars designed to use 87 says so in the manual LOL so lets pointlessly argue about that too. put that in your tail pipe and smoke it.
Sponsored