I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Bigger screen, drive modes more then anything. The tiny base screen just looks well...tiny and useless. Drive modes I use a lot... Track for daily and normal for wet. Havnt done snow yet so I dunno.

Surprisingly the Blind Spot and cross traffic system is really nice. Lane changes are easier...but more then anything backing up is fantastic...really helps in those situations where you cant see and lots of traffic.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
And those real men end up online after wrecking into crowds and smacking curbs.. because everyone is a professional/instructor level driver and those nannies just slow them down.. right? :lol: :ford: :headbonk:
Yeah, I do that all the time. Leave C&C, turn the nannies off, and run right into dozens of people.

Every.

Damn.

Time.

I just can't control the car, it's too much for me. I gotta' remember to leave the nannies on this Sunday.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought a Base GT. I later installed OEM leather takeoff seat cover myself for $300. I didn't want/need navigation or the fancy toggle switches. My phone has navigation. A nicer radio is the only redeeming feature with a Premium model IMHO.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
FYI the base 15 - 17 has 4 traction control/Advance track settings:

1) Normal
2) Sport which leaves TC and stability control on with the same calibration as Track in premium models)
3) TC off
4) Advance Trac off (turns TC and stability control off)

Setting is selected by one momentary push button.

Premium models have drive modes which include normal, sport +, track, and rain/snow modes that are selected via one toggle switch. TC and Stability control can be turned off using a separate toggle switch.

Both versions can change the steering setting independently of the other settings.

In the 2018's ordering MagneRide shocks requires the performance package and either the 101A/301A package or the Premium version. This is because the MagneRide setting which are controlled by the drive mode settings.

18's with MagneRide also get another driving mode called "Drag" or similar.

The "adjust your noise level" option also needs Premium GT or 301A as I recall but since I don't want it I don't care. :-)
I played around with the modes and honestly it didn't feel like I was being hindered in any way during normal driving. I don't go around drifting either.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the items included with a Premium model didn't align with why I bought a Mustang. In the economic aspect, I had a cap on what I wanted to spend and the extra money for a PP put me at that cap (I had considered a base GT originally, or even a used '14 GT) The cost with both PP and premium together was never a consideration.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I ordered without Premium simply for the fact that I couldn't afford that. I really like the air conditioned seats, but I am at the top of my budget as it. I am buying the car for performance anyway.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I have a 2016 GT Premium w/ Premier trim and Performance Package...
Premium w/ Premier trim option was selected for my wife and pup. They love heated seats and big screen, dual zone climate control, softer upper door trim and all the creature comfort it offers.
Performance Package was for my self. Big Brembo brakes, summer tires, stiffer suspension, etc... sure helps when I'm blasting down the back roads at "go to jail speed"

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would prefer not to pay for premium features if I can avoid it. I owned a 2015 base GT, and it had more features than I need or want in a car.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I do hate how the car manufacturers have certain features in certain cars only, and you're often force to 'upgrade' for the one or two features you'd like.

But, I guess that's how they up sell...

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
You have to have a manual PP premium car on here or else :paddle:

Back in early 2015 some people said they would never dare sit in a base car because it was so bad.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
You have to have a manual PP premium car on here or else :paddle:

Back in early 2015 some people said they would never dare sit in a base car because it was so bad.
I gotta say that base radio is pretty lame in 2017. Even more lame in 2018. At least in 2018 they added the 301A package (albeit overpriced) so you don't have to look at that weird keypad and have people ask you if it's a phone. IMO they should have just dumped the 300A radio and made the 301A standard.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Go Big Or Go Home

Premium baby. Standard GT interior looks so plain and boring with that small screen. But heck if your buying it just for the track then put the money towards a supercharger or twin turbo fund. ;)

:cheers:

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
I always prefer the 90's loaded car. Don't want all the unnecessary stuff I won't use and I refuse to do leather with the AZ heat. Leather plus 115 degree weather on bare skin cooks it like bacon. Like having knobs and despise greasy touchscreens, even though they look amazing when clean. The base radio is fugly, to say the least, but at least my phone doesn't block that tiny screen when it's mounted on the vent.

honestly, my only regret about not having the premium is that there isn't a simple way to upgrade to a solid 8" screen. None of the options available are that great. Regardless the radio in all the models, including the shaker system, suck donkey b***s bigley.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Premium baby. Standard GT interior looks so plain and boring with that small screen. But heck if your buying it just for the track then put the money towards a supercharger or twin turbo fund. ;)

:cheers:
Or more track days. Or just more . . . driving.

Every time I've gone through Ford's 'build and price' (which isn't working at the moment), I can't justify spending Premium money just to get leather seating (plus a whole lot of things I really don't care to have at all).

Norm
Sponsored