Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Mustang GT Premium Package

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed a lot of Mustang GT Premium Package owners on this forums, and thus those seem to be popular.

I'm curious what made one decide to purchase a Premium Package Mustang, versus the none Premium Package model?

Mine doesn't have the Premium Package, and at the time, I simply couldn't swing another $5k.

Anyway, curious...
Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Leather, cooled seats, drive modes, extra gauges, better radio, navigation, back up camera.

Overall it makes for a much nicer looking and feeling car.

The base is very stripped down IMO.

The premium and performance packages are a MUST HAVE. I personally didnt consider a Mustang that didnt have both.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Premium has the fancy electronics. Even for those that don't care about electronics, the big screen front and center looks cool.

Horde5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The Warchief
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It was the toggle switches. Had to have em.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
When I purchased mine I was in the market for a german convertible. The price that those cars were getting made the extras on the mustang seem like a bargain.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Toggle switches, heated/cooled leather, and SYNC 3 are why I bought one. However mine is a daily driver. I also get a lot of compliments for the puddle lights and ambient lighting, a lot of people compliment those features, and I have to admit, they are kind of cool.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I personally love leather seats, heated/cooled seats, different drive modes. I am coming from a 13 V6 Premium w/out heated seats to an '18 with all the bells and whistles. Never drove a S550 though. So I'm excited to receive mine :)

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
For me it was the only available option as it was the stipulated spec for the Australian import !

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
I chose Premium over PP mainly for the comfort it provides as a DD. I sometimes wish I had both but I'm happy with my choice. I wanted to Premium for heated/cooled seats and the bigger screen.

Sponsored

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
SYNC3, bigger screen, and different driving modes were the main reason why I went with the Premium model.

Love the pony projection lights, side-sills that are illuminated, cooled seats, and leather were just a bonus.

Definitely get the Premium if you can swing the extra $5K. Also keep in mind that you can recoup most of this when it comes time to sell your vehicle.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I have a base GT pp. imo the premium is at odds with the performance package. Adding more weight and non performance specific options. The premium does come with a nice rear bumper that allows for some aftermarket diffusers that I like. But the rest of the package added weight and wiring and electronics.. more stuff to go wrong long term. puddle lights? My daughter is 7 she likes my little pony she might be impressed. leather? cloth recaros kill them. better support. not hot in summer and not cold in winter. quick change temp and fan speed dials. no giant screen with glaring light in my face at night.

For those who really use those options its a no brainer. I wanted a 'stripper' performance model and it does everything I want and with the money saved dumped it into bolt ons and coilovers and suspension stuff and wheels. Not interested in an 18+ now that you cant spec a base with pp options.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
I have the base GT. I have another car that I daily so I really didn't care about the amenities at all. The only thing that I wish mine had was the Premium rear fascia but I could replace that for much cheaper than the $5k markup.

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Base Race Red PP car here. I looked at the stuff. 4k for leather seats, a HVAC system that sucks and a Big screen. I bought my car as a performance vehicle. the Mustang has won the Pony car wars, and i wanted in. Prefer cloth seats, Very Much Prefer the turn it to Red for heat, Blue for cool, HVAC system, after have on of the dumbest things ever tried- ie setting an individual temperature system. Nav is cool, but is it worth $700 when a tom tom costs 100? hmm. Like the toggle switches, but with the $727, plus 400 to install it, the Stage II pack kills track mode, and hitting the trac button twice gets it into sport mode. After market big screens look stock available. I just Drive my car and enjoy the PP. 275s on the rear rule! Badass. :clap2:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I wanted a new V8 with a lot of power and didn't want all the extra fluffy shit that comes crammed into new cars, so I bought a base. Some of the stuff in the premium is pretty cool though, I'm just not interested enough in it to pay extra money.
Sponsored