Mustang Gt Base VS premium

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Does anyone know (or have a theory) why only the premium has the heated side mirrors and integrated turn signals?
Heated side mirrors just seem like something that should be on all of them, and the mid-car turn signals have to be demonstrated somewhere to reduce accidents? I wonder if there are any insurance considerations to be had since they are a "safety feature"?
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Does anyone know (or have a theory) why only the premium has the heated side mirrors and integrated turn signals?
Heated side mirrors just seem like something that should be on all of them, and the mid-car turn signals have to be demonstrated somewhere to reduce accidents? I wonder if there are any insurance considerations to be had since they are a "safety feature"?
BLIS and collision detection are also "safety features." Not all safety features are standard.

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
True, but my question is related to insurance; are the rates adjusted depending on what safety features are optioned on the car? Really more of a wondering out loud question.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
True, but my question is related to insurance; are the rates adjusted depending on what safety features are optioned on the car? Really more of a wondering out loud question.
Most companies give rate adjustments based on airbags, ABS, and alarm systems. Nothing else that I've noticed.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My guess is, they don't impact federal or insurance collison tests, and they aren't on the standard of insurance checklist of features they discount for.

It's hard to get people to pay $4000 for JUST leather seats and a better radio.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
http://assets.clickmotive.com/FordZ/SharedAssets/pdf/FordMustang.pdf

Page 21 and 22, "Body-color power, heated sideview mirrors
with integrated turn signal indicators" are part of the premium package on EB and GT.

I did not have climate control on my previous car. I got used to fiddling with it, but I wanted the convenience. But that wasn't as important to me as heated side mirrors. My older car did not have heated side mirrors, and that WAS inconvenient, as in wet weather, i would have to sometimes pull over and wipe the passenger side mirror with a napkin to be able to see. Only happned perhaps a dozen times in the 4 years that I have owned that car, but it was always during inclement weather in bad conditions.
Sponsored