NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You gonna tell me that GH does not make special builds for Hendrick? NO auto maker makes a car for anyone thats special or different? For your age I would expect you not to rely on the internet as truth. You Sir are a bit insulting and I know what I saw I know how to read a window sticker. I have even said I questioned it myself and called the dealer and had them double check line by line. Of course when its what you want to hear dealers are ok but when its not what you want to hear then dealers are idiots. I believe that no matter how much of an idiot you feel a dealer is they are capable of walking up to a car looking at the options box and seeing performance pack and magneride in a 2 in sq space.

I honestly dont give a damn weather you believe me or not but you Sir are one arrogant individual and most times insulting. I got news for you a good 2/3rds of your post go unanswered cause you dont have a clue most times what you are talking about but you sure as hell think you do.

I am have strong opinions and play devils advocate alot but one thing I do not do is directly insult people a habit which you have.

At this point they can just ban me from the forums cause I am seriously tired of know it all arrogant I am car god people like you.

Although My typing would suggest otherwise ( simply cause i have zero respect for this form of communication and could not care less how my typing looks on a screen to a bunch of strangers) I am rather intelligent . Since you like to brag so much about how smart you are and the cars you have had here.... I have 2 degrees in medicine, one in radiology. I was on deans list every single quarter i was in college and was the only one out of the entire graduating class to graduate Summa cum laude . WE use rather complicated math in radiation therapy but im sure I can get you 2+2=5 if ya want.

Basically I can read a F(*kin window sticker. I questioned it myself, I researched it. It wasnt a oh I saw shiny wheels and just figured. Whats that service company everyone uses to get a report on their cars like how many yellow with manuals and convertible? you know how many one off cars I have seen come from that ? quite a few so dont tell me ford does not make one off cars because they sure as hell do. Or there are a lot of people being lied to by that company.

yeah im fired up so what. 93 octane is a waste the cars designed to use 87 says so in the manual LOL so lets pointlessly argue about that too. put that in your tail pipe and smoke it.
Bravo Sir!!!

Stand your ground. Sometimes the cretins need a swift backhand.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My car purchases are always highly influenced by the roads I have to drive on and the climate. The roads are bad and getting worse all the time. I'd say 75% of the people in SE Wisconsin drive SUVs or giant pickup trucks. While I would like a car that looks really mean, with low ride height and 20" wheels, it just isn't practical. I am tired of spending several thousand dollars a year fixing damage to steering, suspension, wheels and tires caused by street hazards.

Consequently, I pick the car that has the smallest wheels with the biggest sidewalls and relatively soft suspension. My BMW has 17" wheels and my GT Premium has 18" wheels. From past experience with Magna ride, I avoid it. It leaks under hard usage. At my age, peace of mind trumps everything else.

Oops, just noticed OP is in California. No worries about climate or road conditions. So forget everything I said. I wonder what I would do if I didn't have to deal with these things?

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I agree and had a good experience with this dealership where I bought my 2016 GT from. Set up the deal over the phone, picked up the car, and drove it home.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Not wrong. $526 for the radiator.

https://www.steeda.com/ford-racing-...-8005-m8.html#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2019

Let's get real though. How much of an impact do you think the "special tuning" really has on even a tracked car. More than just doing a proper alignment? More than what the mode switches offer?

Levitt has it for even cheaper. I agree though. I was in a similar position. I bought the car in May 2020 and there was no inventory at all. I wanted a PP1 car, MT with Premium. Nothing in the 3 colors that were acceptable to me except the Rapid Red PP1 300A car that I ended up buying and very happy I did.

I am adding Katzkins and some other items to help spruce the interior up and I will be very happy.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
At this point they can just ban me from the forums cause I am seriously tired of know it all arrogant I am car god people like you.
Heh, heh. I hope they don't ban you...

I get slammed here when I say this but Ill say it again. For 5k there really is not that much of a difference.
That was my attitude when I was car shopping, and I've since learned that there are a lot of little things that Ford did to the PP1 package that aren't specifically listed. Like the undertray, just to name one, which allows you to easily add a deflector to push air to the front brakes. But I concur, all of that stuff is still not worth $5K. Especially since (it seems) that everyone ends up replacing the expensive stuff anyway (wheels, tires, suspension). I really miss that vacuum gauge though. :crackup:
Ok gonna lay down some truth here LOL. People have to justify their purchases plain and simple. you are not gonna find a pp1 owner thats gonna say yup waste of money cause they aren't gonna admit that to themselves.
BAN HIM! LOL, no, he's exactly right.

Very simple in fact, if you intend to regularly track your car you NEED the PP1 as base to built upon
Even if you end up changing wheels, tires and suspension
Anyone that say otherwise know squat about what pushing a car on a race track is
Well, I know a lot about "pushing a car on a race track" having been a HPDE participant, instructor and occasional racer for well over 25 years. And I respectfully disagree.

OK, so here's my answer to the OP:

I test drove a lot of Mustangs, base, PP1, PP1 + MR, and drove them a lot. I concur with what appears to be your current leanings: you need to buy a base car and modify to what you want it to be.

Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, why is this causing everyone to get their hackles up?

I have a PP1 and love it. I don't think it was a waste of money at all. Why? Because I knew going in that I was not going to mod the car at all. I liked what Ford did with the stock stuff and planned on keeping my car stock. PP1 was worth every penny.

If I was the OP and knew I was going to be modding my car, there is no way I would spend 5k on the PP1.

Jesus guys, quit taking things so personal.

PP1 guys are gonna defend it. Non-PP1 guys are gonna scream waste. Human nature. Block out the noise from either side and make decisions the way you want. It's your fucking car. You don't owe anyone an excuse on the decisions you make. Period.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I sort of did the mods you are looking to to my non GT-PP. I am always faster than the GT350s at my local track. That said, I strongly recommend you just take that money and use it for track days with instruction.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
One thing to keep in mind if you get a PP1 car, I sold the OEM wheels and tires for $1k, and sold the PP suspension for $500. So I looked at it like I spent $3500 for the better diffy, cooling and the other items besides wheels and tires and suspension.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
you are correct. Ill put this another way. My buddy which i have mention several times. just recently put a supercharger on his. we still go race and spirited driving and all. we will hit the interstate and he will nail it. Does he leave me in the dust...ehhhh not so much. so between the pp1 and the super charger hes got almost 13k more performance then i do and still he cant just leave me in the dust hes gotta walk it away. My point of all this is yeah performance stuff is cool and all but the 5.0 460hp gt mustang is already so capable that when you add this high dollar stuff to it , it only adds a little bit to it not a whole lot. if you are just a oem gotta have a warrenty guy then sure by all means cause its one of your only way to add to the car. but if you are a modder and plan on changing the car to your own. skip the pp1 stuff.
Your friend should easily leave you in the dust. He just bolted on 300 HP.

My car doesn't have the PP. I don't think I'm missing much as the strut tower brace was removed for the supercharger, wheels and tires were upgraded, lowering springs were added and 3.55 gears were added as an option when ordered. I'm more worried about a better heat exchanger than I am the radiator and I don't track the car so the brakes probably wont be missed. Half the items from my CS package were replaced just as they would have been with the PP.

I would like to ride in a car with the magna ride just to see what that's all about. Most people that have it seem to love it.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT 5.0 Premium
Hello Everyone!

I am looking to get a Mustang GT Premium and I am not sure if I should go with just a GT Premium or a PP1. I know the PP1 comes with all the performance enhancements and extra performance gauge but is it really worth the extra $5000 when I can do the same if not better with all the aftermarket parts that are available.

If I were to go GT premium (NON PP1) here is sum up of mods that I would do:
- GT 350 spoiler
- RTR front lip
- Ford Performance CAI
- Coilovers kit
- After market Exhaust
- After market wheels (Probably Vossen)
- Ford Performance Strut Brace
- Maybe Brembo or Wilwood Brakes

I know these are a lot of parts but wanted to know if the PP1 is a complete package to get or not. Which ever route I go I really want to make this GT my own for yours to come.
Hello Everyone!

I am looking to get a Mustang GT Premium and I am not sure if I should go with just a GT Premium or a PP1. I know the PP1 comes with all the performance enhancements and extra performance gauge but is it really worth the extra $5000 when I can do the same if not better with all the aftermarket parts that are available.

If I were to go GT premium (NON PP1) here is sum up of mods that I would do:
- GT 350 spoiler
- RTR front lip
- Ford Performance CAI
- Coilovers kit
- After market Exhaust
- After market wheels (Probably Vossen)
- Ford Performance Strut Brace
- Maybe Brembo or Wilwood Brakes

I know these are a lot of parts but wanted to know if the PP1 is a complete package to get or not. Which ever route I go I really want to make this GT my own for yours to come.
Just came in to take a break from working n my 2020 GT Premium. Checked my email and was reviewing last weeks most popular topics. My car had a little over 5000 miles when I bought it and I felt like it was a good deal. I have started modifying it to make it something similar to PP1. I just finished installing a Ford Performance 3.55 rear diff and the GT350 half shafts. Several months ago I added the PP gauges and the engine turned dash trim (came from salvage yard). I found a good deal on a set of PP1 wheels and tires on eBay and added them also. I purchased the FP Street Handling Pack from Levittown Ford and have installed the rear springs and sway bar and I am moving to the front this afternoon. The rear sway bar is supposed to be a upgrade over stock but it doesn't look any different to me. It has taken me about a week of half days to do this work. Also installed the Xpipe resonator delete kit. I still have new struts, K brace and control arms to go for the the front. I don't think the front will take as long as the rear. If you like turning wrenches "GO FOR IT".

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Your friend should easily leave you in the dust. He just bolted on 300 HP.

My car doesn't have the PP. I don't think I'm missing much as the strut tower brace was removed for the supercharger, wheels and tires were upgraded, lowering springs were added and 3.55 gears were added as an option when ordered. I'm more worried about a better heat exchanger than I am the radiator and I don't track the car so the brakes probably wont be missed. Half the items from my CS package were replaced just as they would have been with the PP.

I would like to ride in a car with the magna ride just to see what that's all about. Most people that have it seem to love it.
Hes got traction issues now I dont. IM also tuned. I mean once we get up to a higher speed and rpm yeah he can pull away. I wouldn't exactly call it leaving me in the dust though. But off the line yeah hes not going anywhere any faster. More HP does not always equate to a faster car.

just like my other bud with a 15gt with super charger. he could get me off the line big time but with distance i could real him in. its all in the car set up and balance not always pure HP

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, I __had__ a picture of B

Here's the thing, if you really want aftermarket, for whatever reason: to better differentiate your car from all the other Mustangs on the road, for the fun of doing it (which I get, I've done a few "max effort" type builds), to have less cost up front and/or financed (and you'll do upgrades incrementally).

Sure!

I mean, even with a PP1 car I'm still running aftermarket wheels/tires, even with the Active Exhaust, I still added an H-pipe (AE is awesome BTW).

@Mikthehun1 had some very specific rationale with not choosing a PP1, but it wasn't because "it's not really better", his cost-to-value/improvement dicated it wasn't worth it, especially with a full tilt replacement and not wanting the staggered wheels.

The MR tech is really a game changer on the Mustang, handling is more predictable, the ride is more compliant, it's reactive to vertical shifts providing a level of control that's not possible with a "fixed" suspension system, but granted, it's ~$6K with discounts (i.e., PP + MR).

I wanted a car, that from day one, of ownership, with a full warranty, would give me the best experience, that wouldn't require downtime, etc., so I went with as full of a loaded GT as I could source.

It's been pretty spectacular ...
PP1 is not sold with staggered wheels. PP2 level is where they are found. Over all there is a huge difference between the 2, even steeper from the GT Premium platform.

PP2 is an outstanding ride.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
PP1 is not sold with staggered wheels. PP2 level is where they are found. Over all there is a huge difference between the 2, even steeper from the GT Premium platform.

PP2 is an outstanding ride.
I beg to differ the PP1 does come with staggered wheels.