Sponsored

Motive Brake Bleeder

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I topped off the reservoir manually with RBF600 before/ after every corner. I have a ball valve right before the motive in case that wasn’t obvious.
So you're just using the Motive reservoir adapter attached to an air hose to pressurize the system? You empty and refill the reservoir first, then put the pressure cap on and pressurize, then you go to the first corner, open the bleeders and allow the fluid to flush through, then depressurize the reservoir, top it up and do the next corner - right?
Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
So you're just using the Motive reservoir adapter attached to an air hose to pressurize the system? You empty and refill the reservoir first, then put the pressure cap on and pressurize, then you go to the first corner, open the bleeders and allow the fluid to flush through, then depressurize the reservoir, top it up and do the next corner - right?
Right.

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
One other tip I came up with a while back: On the tubing that you attach to the brake bleeder valves at each corner, zip tie part of a coat hanger to the tubing at several points. That will give you the ability to bend the tubing to whatever angle you need when you feed it to your used brake fluid container, and it cuts down significantly on the likelihood of brake fluid flying everywhere if the end slips off your bleeder valve.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
i had been using the motive bleeder for years and i recently switched to this one last year. This unit is 10x better than motive bleeder.

You can also bleed the system up to 50PSI.

s-l1600.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
i had been using the motive bleeder for years and i recently switched to this one last year. This unit is 10x better than motive bleeder.

And the name / model of this one is ?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

s-l1600.jpg
I looked long and hard at pressure bleeders last year. I liked the one you have but I was concerned that it was designed for large quantities of fluid, and the most I use in a whole season is about two litres, and even then it's not all at once. How is it with small quantities?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

s-l1600.jpg
Looks like it could drip out some ‘shine between fluid changes..

+1 on the make and model request.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
... but you shouldn't go above 15 psi or so...
giphy.gif

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Dana Pants, your commentary on that video is great !!! Thank you for breaking it down for us

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
... but you shouldn't go above 15 psi or so...
giphy.gif
I'm not saying there is a reason to do this, but the 2018 factory service manual specifies pressurizing the system with 30 to 50 psi... apparently they want the fluid to move so fast that it scrubs the brake lines clean... lol.
Bleeding_Spec.png

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm not saying there is a reason to do this, but the 2018 factory service manual specifies pressurizing the system with 30 to 50 psi... apparently they want the fluid to move so fast that it scrubs the brake lines clean... lol.
Bleeding_Spec.png
No problem - you could do it at a lower pressure if you just blend in a little toothpaste before you flush it through.