Sponsored

Anarchy Motive - buyer alert

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
tl;dr - Poor customer service. Over promises. Under delivers. Doesn’t disclose wait times until he has your money and you badger him.

Back in January I stumbled upon Anarchy Automotive shift knobs after recommendation from a thread here. The site has plenty of very nice examples of their work. After browsing for awhile I reached out to them to discuss a custom order.

To my surprise I received an immediate response. Derrick was very helpful in helping iron out a design and details - then equally helpful assisting with the order placement.

10 days after placing the order I hadn’t received any information regarding an estimated delivery date for the shift knob. I reached out to Derrick via email.. no response. 5 days later I reached out again. This time I got a response - estimated wait: 6-8 weeks. No problem, albeit a long wait.

This past Monday was the 10 week mark. 2 weeks ago I reached out to him and it was “ in the batch he’s finishing now”.

Yesterday I reached out and... no response.

I’m sure he’s just super busy and blah blah blah. I’m sure the product is a good product if you manage to actually get your hands on it.

A +10 week wait on a 6-8 week estimate for a shift knob, however, is ridiculous.. especially when that wait time is only declared after chasing down the guy post sale... with shoddy at best customer service.

A quick google search after my frustration set in revealed over 4-5 years of similar behavior pattern from this merchant with other enthusiasts. I wish I had done my due diligence and searched first.

**editing to update**

I finally heard back from Derrick 2weeks after the last communication. His response was prompted by my notice to him that I was disputing the charge.

We had a polite back and forth and he seems to understand the unfair position he puts his customers in with regard to extended wait times that are months off target and poor communications. We have agreed to continue our business and I’ve been given a 2-3 wk timeframe for me to have it in hand. I will update this thread again if/when that comes to fruition with a full, fair write up to provide future customers a clear picture of what they’re getting into and a product review (assuming I get it).

On a side not I finally saw another R in person yesterday at a car show. He had one of these shift knobs and it was beautiful.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
He will give you your money back if you can get hold of him, of course that’s the hard part post sale lol. I waited 180 days and finally gave up.

The shift knob thread is full of good and bad about him, which sucks because he turns out some sweet stuff

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ordered and PAID in January... several emails back and forth... still nothing...the guys a SHAM... DO NOT ORDER FROM HIM!!!

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
File a chargeback now. He is essentially getting an interest free loan right now.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I would say get your money back. He has bad reviews all the way back to 2014!
Sponsored