torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Time to flush my brake fluid, and was thinking to buy a brake bleeder.. my old one has had it, and I was just using the 2 person method when I did it on my other cars ..

ECS tuning sells some german ones for under 50 bucks, but not sure if adapter fits on the Mustang ? It will work for sure on my BMW (which also needs a flush).

Many thanks
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have the Motiv bleeder, and I know everyone raves about it, but I can't say I think it works as well as the traditional two person method. With the traditional method of using the brake pedal you get a strong flush through of the fluid that moves trapped air bubbles out with it. With the Motiv bleeder though, because it's working on a much lower pressure/force, you instead just have a slow flow through of brake fluid. So yes it will change the brake fluid, but it won't flush trapped air as effectively as the two person method. I've also been tempted to try speed bleeders since you get the pressure of using the brake pedal but without needing a second person.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The ECS unit does NOT have an adapter for Ford reservoirs, and its universal adapter is worthless. Go with Motiv if you want a pressure bleeder.

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
On this topic, what is the fluid you are using ? I used to be a Motul RBF fan (pretty much all my cars were flashed to that) , but I will give Castrol SRF a try...
Sponsored