Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Where do you go to disable the speed limiter in 2020 ecoboost premium coupe. Mine shuts down at 122 mph. It has 149 speed rated tires so want to at least be able to get above 122 mph.

BD
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think you can do that with ForScan. You need a tuning device. The speed limit is set in the PCM, and ForScan won't touch that.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I don't think you can do that with ForScan. You need a tuning device. The speed limit is set in the PCM, and ForScan won't touch that.
Thats what I was afraid of that it was a part of PCM but did not know that forscan does not allow changing PCM data.

Reminds me of when the 93 trans am came out and it could be bought with or without the sport performance package. the difference was with the package it had Z rated tires and a chip in PCM allowing for 150 mph without the package it had H rated tires and no 150 mph chip. The salesmen had no clue about the difference to inform customers, so we had lots of unhappy customers when they found that their new Trans am would only do 120 mph. In 94 they all came with sport performance package.

BD

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You really probably want to upgrade the driveshaft before you attempt to overcome the speed limiter...

My understanding is the reason for limiting the speed on my eco is that it does not have the 4 piston calipers of the GTs and above so it does not have the ability to slow down fast enough from above 120, the HPP eco does 155 mph but has the better brakes on it. I feel its BS about not being able to slow down. My 64 GTO that would do 150 off the showroom floor only had 4 wheel drum brakes with a single cylinder master cylinder and no power brakes, PS or a/c but it also only weighed 2875 pounds. it slowed down just fine.

BD

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
My understanding is the reason for limiting the speed on my eco is that it does not have the 4 piston calipers of the GTs and above so it does not have the ability to slow down fast enough from above 120, the HPP eco does 155 mph but has the better brakes on it. I feel its BS about not being able to slow down. My 64 GTO that would do 150 off the showroom floor only had 4 wheel drum brakes with a single cylinder master cylinder and no power brakes, PS or a/c but it also only weighed 2875 pounds. it slowed down just fine.

BD
So....upgrade the calipers, get a tune, and go have fun with it

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have FP tune and having fun with it, Don't see need to upgrade brakes as it stops fine with brakes in it now. I have had much faster cars with much less braking power so don't need big brother babysitting me.

BD

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have FP tune and having fun with it, Don't see need to upgrade brakes as it stops fine with brakes in it now. I have had much faster cars with much less braking power so don't need big brother babysitting me.

BD
In all fairness, those cars weren't really meant to stop, or turn for that matter. LOL but dang did they go fast in a straight line.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
In all fairness, those cars weren't really meant to stop, or turn for that matter. LOL but dang did they go fast in a straight line.
Yep, my goat was one of the 650 built out of the total 6500 goats that were built in 64 that was a Delete everything package just to out run the 64 fuelie corvette in showroom stock production. It turned a 12.70 off the showroom floor in the 1/4 mile. It did not even have seat belts in it and only an am radio. It was a 389 tri power, 4 speed, posi rear end with an alternator period.

It was so much fun for sure and got 18 mpg around town and 22 mpg on the interstate at 80 mph if you kept your foot out of the tri power.

BD

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Ok, if this has already been asked I apologize in advance. If I change this value to “cornering” will I still retain normal fog light operation? I’ve already done “Bambi mode”.

Attachments

Sponsored

PickleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone with a 15-17 Mustang origanal cluster not swapped to 18+ tried adjusting RPM set point so my color at night changes cluster to red at different points.

2018 (720) IPC line 31
Redline 720-04-02 XXXX **XX 0X = 6500 RPM 12 to 17 = 7400 RPM These seem to be the only two options. I do not know what else this sets.
Stock values are either 02 (6500) or 12 (7400)

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Does that change the shift light? I'll try tomorrow

PickleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
That’s basically the intended outcome of what i was thinking use the cluster/forward crash light as a free adjustable shift light

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Just took a look at the ACM module configuration on my 2020 with B&O.

seems that the factory eq settings are flat. No need to flatten as with the Shaker.

52100431581_aaa2a6e73f_3k.jpg
20220525_163058 by chefjpd, on Flickr
I recently upgraded my base gt with new American Bass 6.5s in doors, Morel tweeters and 12" sub and used factory deck so had to use inverter. So it sounded okay but with them wanting people's speakers to last awhile they limit their output, I went in with forscan as I was both skeptical and curious if disabling the factory EQ would make it sound different. I can honestly say I can tell the difference right away it was much clearer and full sounding, my buddy owns his own car audio shop I help out at and he even noticed the difference.

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
That’s basically the intended outcome of what i was thinking use the cluster/forward crash light as a free adjustable shift light
Right you think they would've made it optional if you wanted to use it as shift light, it's in perfect spot and nice bright led bar so you wouldn't miss it going off. I thought someone would've figured out a hack thru a tune etc. I have a 2020gt and my dash doesn't light up at red line like I've seen a bunch do online, as well been in buddies cars but they're 18 or older so I'm guessing they screwed people with 19 plus. Lol
Sponsored