Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Is there a setting in the APIM which tells it that the car is equipped with a FordPass Connect modem? There must be, because the same software version is used in vehicles with or without the modem, and only the former show the FordPass Connect icon in the settings menu. The APIM must surely know that. But does anyone know where that piece of information is stored, and which digit must be changed?

I have a couple of DTCs in the APIM, all of which are related to the lack of communication with the modem and 4G antenna (which is true, I did disconnect them). I know I can just ignore them, but it would be nice if I could make it shut up - and also get rid of the FordPass settings page.
The hardware must be present, too.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The hardware is no longer present (actually, it is, but it's unplugged). And I want the APIM to think it isn't present and to stop searching for it.
I'll try to change that 9 into an 8 and see what happens.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I made the change in the APIM, and now the FordPass page in the Sync settings has disappeared. So far, so good.
But the APIM, BCM and DSP are still complaining about the loss of communication with the modem:

Untitled.jpg

The same DTC, U0198, is in all three modules.
So the information that the car has a modem must also be stored somewhere else. But where?

Last edited:

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is is possible to add the hardware and enable it if my car doesn't currently have FordPass Connect?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, it is. I don't know all the details, but a quick Google search will reveal a lot of threads on this subject. Here's one that looks promising:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-connect-retrofit-any-ford-452708/

Sadly, I can't seem to find one that goes in the opposite direction, i.e. FordPass Connect removal. There's a thread in the GT500 subforum which deals with the hardware stuff, but I can't find anything about the ForScan changes. I may have to live with the DTCs.

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Friends, does anyone know the mode code? I don't want to choose wet mode every time after starting the engine. The winter is long.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It it really possible to make it start in a certain mode every time? I didn't know that. I would be interested in that as well.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My OBD Link MX+ turned up from Amazon yesterday :sunglasses:

It's so frustrating seeing it in the wardrobe and knowing I have to wait for Farther Christmas to officially deliver it on the 25th ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It it really possible to make it start in a certain mode every time?
I don't think so. On A-10 F-150s, there's a memory module you install under the shift lever, where the mode button is. But there's no such thing for the Mustang, as far as I know. What complicates that possibility is that MyMode adds an extra mode if you save it, and don't know if a memory module could handle that. I have an extra F-150 memory module I'm selling, that I could try... but don't think it has the same connector as the F-150. And even if it did, I wouldn't mess with removing the freaking console anyway, so will leave that mod alone. Ha ha.

Sponsored

Lukas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT A10 Twister Orange
I have an A10 with digital dash, and the "Performance Shift Indicator" is meant to be only available in a manual. I figured the digital dash should have the software for it, so I went looking in Forscan.

IPC (not as built) - Performance Shift Indicator - change from disabled to enabled

It's nice having the option to turn it on/off, even though it's kinda only useful with the paddles.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So I changed the BCM code to get rid of the double honk, worked great. I changed the code in the APC to delete bass roll off, 727-01-02 x0xx from x1xx that my car had to begin with. I don't notice the bass roll off anymore, but the door chimes are now stupid loud. what did I do? lol

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I changed the code in the APC to delete bass roll off, 727-01-02 x0xx from x1xx that my car had to begin with.
Hey, may I ask what the heck is 'bass roll off'? Haven't heard of that. And if you didn't change anything else, sometimes one change alters something else, so you have to decide which is better (or less bad) for you :). In my case, when I changed the animation to Ford Performance, the shut-down one disappeared, but I was okay with that.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Hey, may I ask what the heck is 'bass roll off'? Haven't heard of that. And if you didn't change anything else, sometimes one change alters something else, so you have to decide which is better (or less bad) for you :). In my case, when I changed the animation to Ford Performance, the shut-down one disappeared, but I was okay with that.
bass roll off is speaker protection built into the factory EQ. It makes it so at higher volume levels the low end bass rolls off, or lessens to save the stock cheap speakers.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Which module is responsible for the climate control? I don't mean showing or hiding climate control options in Sync - that's obviously the job of the APIM. I mean the climate control hardware, the way the climate control actually works. I'm looking at my list of modules, and none of those seems to bear any connection to the climate control.
Specifically, I'm interested in disabling the automatic cancellation of the recirculation that occurs after certain time. I want the recirculation to stay on until I turn it off manually. Is this possible?
Sponsored