Modifying As-Built Data Guide

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I also haven't seen any warnings so far. Everthing import was shown on the digital cluster display.

I disassembled the interior a few weeks ago when I was installing something and took some info in the process.
The center trim covering the APIM is called the FCIM (front controls interface module). Part number LR3T-18E245(-BB). There are 4 connectors, 1 for the start-stop-key, 2 for the other buttons and 1 for cigarette lighter.

20201206_144557.jpg

fcim-connector1.png

fcim-connector2.png

There seem to be different FCIMs probably depending on equipment level, I found this on ebay which has a different button.
fcim-variant.jpg

Mine has the CD-eject function at that location.

The OFF-button in the center of the 5-Button cluster is for turning off the music. Maybe it is possible to reprogram this button to disable the display instead.

20201206_144447.jpg
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the code for disable the honk when you click lock twice? I can’t seem to locate it

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Click once.
Lol thanjs

I had the code sheet but it appears to be removed or relocated, I went back to as built on my modules and lost that code

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Lol thanjs

I had the code sheet but it appears to be removed or relocated, I went back to as built on my modules and lost that code
Doesn't one click or two clicks do the same thing except 2 gives a honk?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to find this but the other way around - I am the strange one who wants it to honk on a double lock :like:

WD :like:

Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I am trying to find this but the other way around - I am the strange one who wants it to honk on a double lock :like:

It already does by default if memory serves me right.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It already does by default if memory serves me right.
Yeah for you guys it does, but on this side of the pond Ford choose to deactivate it for some reason - even though they leave the text in the manual to say it does it.

Door Lock Horn Honk - Disable/Enable (this is the horn honk you get when you press Lock twice on your keyfob)BCM726-38-02 xxx? xxxx xxxxChange ? To: 0-Disable (off), 1-Enable (on-default)
Thank you :like:

Do you know what year that code applies too ? The BCM changed in 2020 so I am a little cautious :like:

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah for you guys it does, but on this side of the pond Ford choose to deactivate it for some reason - even though they leave the text in the manual to say it does it.
Ironically, they give us the other double honk, which everybody hates - when you get off the car while the engine's running. Go figure... :crackup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Apologizes I didnt realize you were over the pond.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Apologizes I didnt realize you were over the pond.
No apologies needed and no worries, we are definitely a minority group on here :like:

Ford (in my opinion)made some strange choices in the UK setup e.g. they turned the auto door locking off - even though virtually every other car in the UK does it and has done it for a number of years ? !

It's not even like turning it on is a permanent option, turning it on just gives you the option to select / deselect the feature from the digital dash - but they still choose to hide it from us ?

Don't get me started on the Axle temp gauge - they give us the sensor (we are similar to PP1 spec as standard) and they use it to trigger limp mode, but they hide the gauge from the gauge option list !

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
No apologies needed and no worries, we are definitely a minority group on here :like:

Ford (in my opinion)made some strange choices in the UK setup e.g. they turned the auto door locking off - even though virtually every other car in the UK does it and has done it for a number of years ? !

It's not even like turning it on is a permanent option, turning it on just gives you the option to select / deselect the feature from the digital dash - but they still choose to hide it from us ?

Don't get me started on the Axle temp gauge - they give us the sensor (we are similar to PP1 spec as standard) and they use it to trigger limp mode, but they hide the gauge from the gauge option list !

Ford knows we are a tad dumber over here, so they don't want to confuse us with too many options.