stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Question: Is this for MFT only or SYNC3 also?
MFT.

That I knew but shouldn't I at least be able to connect to the MX with the app to at bare minimum use gauges or read trouble codes? I can not get my phone to see the bluetooth connection.
If you have an iphone it can't use the bluetooth mx adapter, just the wifi.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Is anyone else getting a burning electronics smell when they start their car? It appears to be coming from the air conditioning vents. It lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and then goes away until the car sits again.

It just started recently, but I'm not sure where to begin. Guess I'll undo all the CAN changes and see if it goes away...?!

I read that it could also be blower motor resistor or remote start related?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION]

Quick question: For the power point time out, is it both, the one on the bezel and the one in the console?

Thanks!

[MENTION=23440]Redraven571[/MENTION] - the center console power point tuns on and off at the same time as the one on the bezel.

For anyone doing an aftermarket stereo install with an extra amp or two, this would be a pretty good solution for a 12v remote power wire since it's switched with the stereo and you could tap into it right there in the center consoie. I intend to upgrade my front speakers and run one of those compact D class amps for them, and this might just be the ticket.

samsheng831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I want the same!

Windows up with the key fob and digital speedo under gauge details would be absolute tits!
I want the same two functions as well!

And shorten the duration until auto headlight turns on when car goes into dark area.

samsheng831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Don't know if it well help any, but if you hold down left Ok button while starting the car, engineering test mode will display and has a digital speedometer.:shrug:
That digital speedo in engineering mode is so small that is hard to read with a glimpse, same as the analog speedo

Sponsored

samsheng831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How long do you have to hold it down? I just tried this a few times and nothing happened.
before you push the startup button, press and hold the OK button on the steering wheel, then start the car while keep holding OK until the instrument cluster screen reads ET mode in orange font at the bottom.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Has any convertible owners messed around with this stuff to see if you can activate the auto-up Windows? Hardtop guys, this is something only you got and it bugs the crap out of us vert guys!

If not, I believe the 2017 verts added this, but have not confirmed it with any 2017 vert owners. If it is the case, it might be easy to figure out by comparing a 2017 as-build data. Once I get my MX I will start digging into it, but was hoping someone might beat me to it and save me time :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The guy I sold my S197 to would like to know if any of this is applicable to S197s?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
SI believe it's not possible since US and Export have different wiring harness that goes to the taillights. US has one wire for each bar, Export has one wire for all three bars together. They are phisically different.
For having sequential in our EU cars we had to add a new driver in the middle that get the turn signal from the ECU and output a sequential signal for the three bars - we of course have modified our taillights to include three amber bars beside three red bars.
Are we confirmed this won't work? Despite the harness difference, the wiring will match up. I've noted here where the wires line up on each other.

With your EB, can I get a copy of your as-built data to compare against mine?

View attachment 93965

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
The guy I sold my S197 to would like to know if any of this is applicable to S197s?
I'm sure it's possible, but the S197s had much older versions of SYNC. The codes may be quite a bit different. YMMV.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Ok, dipping my toes into the bounty of data...

I turned on the climate seat touchscreen buttons. They work wonderfully.

View attachment 93971

For the Multicolor SYNC3 screens, am I correct in assuming so far the colors are limited to the functions (i.e. audio is maroon, climate is blue, phone is yellow, etc..)? I edited 7D0-03-01 to xxxx x0x2 xxxx and xxxx x1x2 xxxx per this post, but only x0x2 seemed to work for me.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]FFuoGjYUhJ0[/MEDIA]"]

EDIT: 911 assist and viewing text messages from SYNC does not seem to work now (even after deleting and re-adding my phone). I may have to roll back a few changes to see what caused this.

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Are we confirmed this won't work? Despite the harness difference, the wiring will match up. I've noted here where the wires line up on each other.

With your EB, can I get a copy of your as-built data to compare against mine?
Of course, PM'ed.

I'm pretty sure it can't be done because it needs additional hardware both ways: we are missing individual wires to control each bar separately (to have sequential, at least red) and you are missing an amber led board in the outer bar (to have single bar amber turning).

Well, it is possible that in some modules there is something to enable domestic or export turning style, but you still need EU taillights - while for us US taillights aren't enough since we miss the wires :-\

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Of course, PM'ed.

I'm pretty sure it can't be done because it needs additional hardware both ways: we are missing individual wires to control each bar separately (to have sequential, at least red) and you are missing an amber led board in the outer bar (to have single bar amber turning).

Well, it is possible that in some modules there is something to enable domestic or export turning style, but you still need EU taillights - while for us US taillights aren't enough since we miss the wires :-\
I do have the EU tail lights, for what it's worth.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm sure it's possible, but the S197s had much older versions of SYNC. The codes may be quite a bit different. YMMV.
Its not all sync related. For example, I posted how to change the as-built for the ACM in S197 base cars so the stereo controls on a Boss 302 or Premium steering wheel would work in those cars. But without these tools, you had to convince some dealer to (a) do it at all, and (b) not charge enough to put their kid thru college.
Sponsored