Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is this still the preferred hardware tool to use in conjunction with the Forscan software (just want to confirm before buying):

OBDLink MX
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Of the ODBLink?

I would think the bluetooth is more useful. In addition to programming, you can use it to put gauges on your phone. USB bluetooth dongles for your laptop are cheap if you don't have it built in. Food for thought...
I agree... except when there isn't iOS software available for the Bluetooth version.:frusty::rant:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Is this still the preferred hardware tool to use in conjunction with the Forscan software (just want to confirm before buying):

OBDLink MX
It's what I used. The cheaper route is a modified ELM327 clone, but the quality on those varies hugely.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Okay I decided to go through the whole thread and put in one post all the requests still outstanding and the ones not possible and am putting a link in the first post so that we can keep track, because they are becoming scattered all over the place. I will try and keep it updated as we go along. I figured this way as things get found they will be added to the sheet Fionic is keeping track of, and the ones that fail will be added to the linked post, this way we're not looking everywhere for the requests and to see if they have been done or asked.

Requests Outstanding so far:

Last Drive Mode remembered
Digital Speedometer
Sequential tail lights for the brakes
Sequential hazard lights
Gear changes
Transmission oil temp monitoring in the dash
Change gear ratio
Increase throttle response
Dash vacuum/boost gauge
DRL on/off option in the IPC
Fin/gills by the headlights being off during the day
Collision Warning With Bake Support turned off
Disable the sensor on the door handle
Turn signal pattern
Remove the 3mph or less speed limit from SYNC

Not Possible:

Remote detection
Global windows up
EU-style tail light operability
Remote start on M/T with shifter in N
What are the chances you can add a section with successful mods to this post?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION]

Quick question: For the power point time out, is it both, the one on the bezel and the one in the console?

Thanks!

Sponsored

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
It's what I used. The cheaper route is a modified ELM327 clone, but the quality on those varies hugely.
FWIW I took my old ELM327 and added the switch to flip into MSCAN mode. It's WiFi, and it works fine for me. I'm only using it to flip bytes not real-time reading while driving.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
What are the chances you can add a section with successful mods to this post?
Anything thats been found or confirmed goes to this link by [MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION]:

Confirmed Mods

I'll add a link to the post.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION]

Quick question: For the power point time out, is it both, the one on the bezel and the one in the console?

Thanks!
You know what, I never bothered to test the one in the console. I'll steal my phone charger out of the truck and give it a shot tonight.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I agree... except when there isn't iOS software available for the Bluetooth version.:frusty::rant:
You just answered why I can not get my iPhone ForScan app to work! Well, actually I can not get my iphone to find the MX via bluetooth at all, this is my problem.

Wish I knew it didn't work before I paid for the app :frusty:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
You just answered why I can not get my iPhone ForScan app to work! Well, actually I can not get my iphone to find the MX via bluetooth at all, this is my problem.

Wish I knew it didn't work before I paid for the app :frusty:
just FYI the forscan iphone app CANNOT be used to do these module programming changes.

http://forscan.org/comparsion.html

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Here is the link to the translated Russian page.

Essentially you need to enter the APIM diagnostic mode (Press Eject and FF) and write down this info: APIM ESN, VIN#, Assembly#, H/W#, CCPU#.

Then email the guy in Russia: Give him the above info and tell him you want a license file to add navigation to your vehicle.

Within 12hrs or so you'll get an e-mail back with a link to download a zip file containing all the software you need. Unzip and copy the entire contents onto a thumb drive.

Change the bit in the APIM to 04xx and let the APIM reboot. Then insert the USB drive and let it install everything. It will reboot twice and then say "Insert Nav SD Card" in the upper right corner.

Then all you need is a Maps SD card.
Works like a charm. Now I have nav for ~$100. I'll still use Waze, but it's nice to have that quadrant with more than just a compass. ;)

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
Here is the link to the translated Russian page.

Essentially you need to enter the APIM diagnostic mode (Press Eject and FF) and write down this info: APIM ESN, VIN#, Assembly#, H/W#, CCPU#.

Then email the guy in Russia: Give him the above info and tell him you want a license file to add navigation to your vehicle.

Within 12hrs or so you'll get an e-mail back with a link to download a zip file containing all the software you need. Unzip and copy the entire contents onto a thumb drive.

Change the bit in the APIM to 04xx and let the APIM reboot. Then insert the USB drive and let it install everything. It will reboot twice and then say "Insert Nav SD Card" in the upper right corner.

Then all you need is a Maps SD card.
Question: Is this for MFT only or SYNC3 also?

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
just FYI the forscan iphone app CANNOT be used to do these module programming changes.

http://forscan.org/comparsion.html
That I knew but shouldn't I at least be able to connect to the MX with the app to at bare minimum use gauges or read trouble codes? I can not get my phone to see the bluetooth connection.
Sponsored