CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Thanks, Carl. I enjoy it every day.
By your front grill I am guessing that you have a 50th Aniv. Edition GT vert?

Hi Bobby

• Actually, I have combined modifications from:
  • Used parts from 3 different 2015 Anniversary editions (wheels-West Virginia, grill-Indiana, taillights-Arizona)
  • 2016 California Special hood & side Stripes from Ford
  • 2019 California Special side scoops from Ford
  • 2017 complete PP1 suspension from a Jersey car (incl trailing arms, etc.)
  • Chrome trim rings for the Canadian fog lights
  • Repainted the blade spoiler in black
  • Steeda front lower brace

Between the white paint and chrome, I wanted more of a retro look. I received some excellent guidance from my local MCA Mustang Club.

Plus now, when I go over the back road bumps and curves, it doesn't wallow as much.

Carl

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thanks, Carl. I enjoy it every day.
By your front grill I am guessing that you have a 50th Aniv. Edition GT vert?

Hi Bobby

• Actually, I have combined modifications from:
  • Used parts from 3 different 2015 Anniversary editions (wheels-West Virginia, grill-Indiana, taillights-Arizona)
  • 2016 California Special hood & side Stripes from Ford
  • 2019 California Special side scoops from Ford
  • 2017 complete PP1 suspension from a Jersey car (incl trailing arms, etc.)
  • Chrome trim rings for the Canadian fog lights
  • Repainted the blade spoiler in black
  • Steeda front lower brace

Between the white paint and chrome, I wanted more of a retro look. I received some excellent guidance from my local MCA Mustang Club.

Plus now, when I go over the back road bumps and curves, it doesn't wallow as much.

Carl
Wow I sounds like you pulled parts from more different bodies than did Dr, Frankenstein 😌

you have the black powder coated 3-piston brembos in front and black painted floating calipers in the rear?

I thought of ordering all the various parts related to that system and putting them on my car.

Car sounds nice. Do you have any other pictures?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hi Bobby:

Yes...Frankenstein is one way to view it, but I prefer "eclectic". Same bottom line. Very different from any other Mustang but yet, it looks 100% Ford stock!

What I didn't mention on the outside mods was a 2016 California Special front spoiler, yellow standard calipers (didn't upgrade to PP1 as they would not fit with my wheels) yellow dot on the 5.0 badge, and a painted engine compartment.

299730609_3272488206329431_3257996084227965973_n.jpg

The engine compartment was not fully completed when this pix was taken. Since then, I have covered up the jellyfish and master brake cylinder..

CVCashmere

P1070004.JPG

Sponsored

CO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shad
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Mine is 699 at the wheels. VMP Odin on 93. Haven’t seen any bad affect other than traction below 60 mph. Planning on fuel system and e85 soon. Has catless headers and it smells like shit.

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
I’ve been rocking a twin turbo setup on my 15’ since 2019 and love it. There is no reduction in mileage from stock and you can just bump the boost up or down depending on what you’re doing. I usually keep it between 8-10 psi on 93 and just go anywhere without worrying about chasing fuel stations or pulley/belt issues. Going to turbos has been the best decision I’ve made with the car to date. The wife and I installed the whole thing ourselves and PBD dropped the tune in it and we’ve been going ever since…..about 40k miles now. We added most of the suspension modes along the way to keep it planted and safe to drive anywhere and really only need to upgrade the brakes to finish it off at some point. We just bought another kit for the wife’s 2011 vert with 64’s and i hope to make that one a little more street/strip since it’s her daily driver and it’s a solid axle car…

IMG_9595.jpeg

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Do you know how much that is putting down? I bet it sounds incredible.

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
I wouldn't change to E85 for anything. What if you went out of town into an area where E85 is rare. I personally don't see the advantage.
Im from Jersey, I never see e85 anywhere, and dont see it in NYC either

Unless you’re staying local, dont bother

OP
OP

JoeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
I’ve been rocking a twin turbo setup on my 15’ since 2019 and love it. There is no reduction in mileage from stock and you can just bump the boost up or down depending on what you’re doing. I usually keep it between 8-10 psi on 93 and just go anywhere without worrying about chasing fuel stations or pulley/belt issues. Going to turbos has been the best decision I’ve made with the car to date. The wife and I installed the whole thing ourselves and PBD dropped the tune in it and we’ve been going ever since…..about 40k miles now. We added most of the suspension modes along the way to keep it planted and safe to drive anywhere and really only need to upgrade the brakes to finish it off at some point. We just bought another kit for the wife’s 2011 vert with 64’s and i hope to make that one a little more street/strip since it’s her daily driver and it’s a solid axle car…

IMG_9595.jpeg
What kit?

Sponsored

Ruby17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Paxton beefcake special added after I replaced just about everything under the body to make sure car stayed on the road/track. 804 rwhp on E85 which is about all I ever run. Can switch to 93 octane if required. Runs 10.2 at about 137mph on qtr consistently. Have a plan for the HP you plan on running. Don't be one of those guys that ends up in the wall or in a ditch. Takes the fun out of the run. I only do test and tunes usually and wear full gear with 4 point roll cage so never had an issue at the track. Love the car. Drives great around town as well. My advice, go for it!

Resized_Car_show_1_13123010500044(2).jpeg

Screenshot_20230511_194316_Photos.jpg

Car show 2.jpg

OP
OP

JoeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
Paxton beefcake special added after I replaced just about everything under the body to make sure car stayed on the road/track. 804 rwhp on E85 which is about all I ever run. Can switch to 93 octane if required. Runs 10.2 at about 137mph on qtr consistently. Have a plan for the HP you plan on running. Don't be one of those guys that ends up in the wall or in a ditch. Takes the fun out of the run. I only do test and tunes usually and wear full gear with 4 point roll cage so never had an issue at the track. Love the car. Drives great around town as well. My advice, go for it!

Resized_Car_show_1_13123010500044(2).jpeg

Screenshot_20230511_194316_Photos.jpg

Car show 2.jpg
10.2….damn!!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The OP asked about the gauges being the same as the 2020 gt 500, All GT verts are premium cars and on the 18+ you had to get a premium car to get the digital gauge cluster. If you also want the center stack gauges, just a performance pack vert.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Those are come incredible convertibles! Glad to see it. :clap:
Sponsored