Mister Car Wash (TX)

SkYLiNe00X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GREG
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1 Premium 10-Speed
Hi everyone, last weekend, I picked up my 2022 white MACH 1 10-Speed with Handling/Elite/Red Calipers/Voice-Act Touchscreen Nav. The previous owner of the 2015 Mustang GT.
I always have a Mister car wash (TX) monthly premium membership. Either wash my car before the trip or before coming back home to keep my car clean every day.
Now, my MACH 1 rear tire is 315 wide equals about 12.4" based on the internet info. The car wash told me the width of a track system that will guide the car through the wash is 12.5".
I use a ruler to measure, it is about the same width without a gap. Also, I have not installed the front aero splitter yet. Height is another issue.
The owner's manual said to use hand washing only. I want to know, does anyone use an auto car wash by track without a problem? Oh, GT is fine ^^

Screenshot 2022-12-09 202127.jpg

PXL_20221209_222532903.PORTRAIT_2.jpg
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
First Congratz she is a beauty!

Regarding the wash, Please donā€™t use automatic car wash, it leaves swirl marks. Those tires may not fit correctly on the tracks I wouldnā€™t risk it, I highly recommend hand wash only. This beautiful car deserves hand wash only. Just my opinion.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The owner's manual said to use hand washing only.
Congratulations. And Welcome.

I've never entertained the idea.

There are physical fitment concerns (splitter, spoiler, tires), how the machinery will accept it.

There are also cosmetic worries (decals, coated rims, painted spoiler, mirror caps, factory paint).

I'd rather leave it dirty until I can clean by self or a detailing shop I trust.

You're driving a cool-ass car. Any on-lookers will appreciate that, dirt and all.

Last edited:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Well, the OP wrote that he had already 2015 GT, so I would guess that he is probably aware of the intricacies of the tunnel car wash :). The question is what might be different on Mach 1 that could make it risky.

The decals and the front grill comes to my mind (though I do not use tunnel car wash myself). The first one could be either damaged or simply brushed by the brushes, the grill has some large openings as well as the side vents, so if there is some pressurized water coming directly from the front it might wash the coolers and reach quite deep into the engine bay :).

I do not have a space for hand washing my car, but the "contactless wash" so far has been working for me and my PPF quite well.

IMG_20221107_210956.jpg

Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Well, the OP wrote that he had already 2015 GT, so I would guess that he is probably aware of the intricacies of the tunnel car wash :). The question is what might be different on Mach 1 that could make it risky.

The decals and the front grill comes to my mind (though I do not use tunnel car wash myself). The first one could be either damaged or simply brushed by the brushes, the grill has some large openings as well as the side vents, so if there is some pressurized water coming directly from the front it might wash the coolers and reach quite deep into the engine bay :).

I do not have a space for hand washing my car, but the "contactless wash" so far has been working for me and my PPF quite well.

IMG_20221107_210956.jpg
I like the contactless washers myself.

OP
OP
SkYLiNe00X

SkYLiNe00X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GREG
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1 Premium 10-Speed

IMG_20221107_210956.jpg
:facepalm:
I just learned what is "contactless wash" is. LoL, I never see one in CA or TX; maybe I did not pay attention.
If anyone knows one in S Cal or Texas, let me know

Btw, thanks guys for all your input.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
yea i definitely wouldnt do it if i were you, touchless or do it yourself or there are also tons of mobile detailers in the dfw area ( im in ftw ish area ) so theres def options other than the machine touch washes to make sure your car doesnt get all beat up! gorgeous car btw!

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s great that you found that contactless wash. In Southern California, I use H & S contactless when I need to. The EverWash app allows you to buy a monthly subscription and I can go there every day if I want.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Look for a car wash with a flat belt conveyor and youā€™ll be good to go. No damage to wheels or splitter.

1670815742564.jpeg

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I'm happy to find two Touchless Wash shops in my area. It is a little pricey but at least there is another option for me.
This looks like an automated version of what I use here, which is basically a box with two nozzles one for an active foam, one for water, which you can use (and pay for) as you deem fit. So, in a sense, it is kind of manual wash actually :).

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I'm happy to find two Touchless Wash shops in my area. It is a little pricey but at least there is another option for me.

Screenshot_20221211-175724_2.png
PXL_20221211_202511143_2.jpg
Where are these at? I go to Arlington frequently and would love to check them out.

Last edited:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase