Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Well, I can only wish that I ever got to go shooting with him, or ask him what he did during the war. I hear his glasses disqualified him from combat, back then. But, he still would have fired a rifle in Basic, right?
He was an engineer the rest of his life, and it seems that he was fascinated with technology, in general.
CCO and ACOG sights are geometry problems that he would love.

My dad remembers Grandpa driving and, while stuck at a green light because people weren't going, Grandpa apparently said he thought there should be a system so the cars go when it's green, and it doesn't matter so much if the drivers are paying attention.
It sounds like, in 1980, Grandpa was wishing for networked self-driving cars. 😕

My dad also says that in the 1980s Grandpa Munn basically predicted that someone would invent 3D printing.
My opinion of your grandpa being one of the cool ones is even more valid then 🤘

I welcome the technological advancement of self-driving cars, better automatic transmissions, and the Mach-E.
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Put a straight middle age older gentleman Veteran with a ccw in passenger seat . That's Millennial Theft Proofing.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Here in VA we strap on and wear it out in the open. :)
Damn... We had to go there huh? Strap ons? I thought this forum was PG... :p

You do you... er...

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn... We had to go there huh? Strap ons? I thought this forum was PG... :p
You can fit a bedroom entertainment device into an old western 6-shooter leg holster. For best double-take the implement should be bright pink or something. Though maybe black would make people REALLY look.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
True. Most cars are used for daily driving. So, the drivers want the auto. Some cars are only used for sport, pleasure, challenging road route driving, those drivers want a manual and are fewer.
Today's Tremec TRxxxx Trans, Aluminum fly wheels, Carbon Fiber/Kevlar clutches, Alum drive shafts, 3.73:1 Ford PP rear gears, and Detroit TrueTrack/Torsen differentials are a world advanced from the manuals of the 50's and 60's we learned to drive with. All of that is in my GT and that car does not need to find a buyer, it has one.
Yup, a manual might be a hard sell for a daily you'll be stuck in heavy traffic commuting , but most Mustangs/Camaro's etc don't fall into the daily use vehicle , So a manual isn't a down side,hard sell like it might be in an Accord.
Having done the 20 mile rush hour 0-5-10mph crawl commute with a f-150 with zf5 speed. never again. That sucked donkey balls, but a fun week end cruiser 99% of the time never see's that type of bumper to bumper miles long barely moving crawl. So a manual isn't an issue.
I think "some" have an issue with a manual shift car/truck is because now they can't hold and play on their phone as they have to shift with the free hand.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
It doesn’t matter how much something is worth when you can’t find a buyer. Automatics sell faster and more easily.
Didn't wait 40+ years to get a Mustang to sell it. It will go to one of my three boys, all who can drive a stick (two expertly, one is a novice.)

Sponsored

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Just turned 30. Been driving stick since my first Mach 1 when I was 18.

Pretty vague generalization if you ask me.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
GR3Z-7277-DA 2015-17
JR3Z-7277-EA 2018 up

Im thinking it chrome vs satin ~$80 USD

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I have effectively made my car theft proof as far as millennials are concerned. By changing the shift knob and bezel I have now made my auto a "faux-stick."
full.jpg

Do these folks also sell a kit to make my manual look like an auto?

kidding, of course. Fake-out kits like this are much like a combover—everyone knows you’re bald, so why try and hide it? Bic it and and be proud.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
full.jpg

Do these folks also sell a kit to make my manual look like an auto?

kidding, of course. Fake-out kits like this are much like a combover—everyone knows you’re bald, so why try and hide it? Bic it and and be proud.
No market for such a kit since most manual drivers already have a sawsall for the clutch pedal.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Good job to the OP for making an aesthetically pleasing A10 shifter setup! Nice job! I might copy that setup for my built 6R80 Super Snake.

But this dumb-as-f*ck (even if it's "friendly") banter on manual vs auto is old. Reminds me of the "back in my day we used Iron Sights" Veterans that have an aneurysm over the concept of a red dot sight. Sorry we're more lethal than you gramps...enjoy your VFW fish fry.
just remember....we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for those iron sights 😀
I learned to drive at 15 on a '54 Chevy with a column shifter. I wonder how many people can actually drive a manual that isn't a floor shifter... Yeah, I know, I'm OLD.
i had a 69 GMC pickup with three on the tree! 😀 That was a blast.
Sponsored