Mecum CFTP Heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
but instead the problem is who (the dealerships) they are giving the allocations to.
This is really the question. Which dealerships were picked and why. My dealership is a small market dealership who in previous years never was able to land a R or CFTP. All accepted logic on allocations went out the window for 2022 cars when compared to the process for prior years. If you sold x amount of Shelby’s or were a Ford Performance dealership you we’re guaranteed x number of base cars and x number of CFTP or R cars.
That logic did not seem to hold true for 2022. Maybe a reflection of ADM. I dunno. I do know my family owned small town dealership is anti ADM.
My buddy ordered a Bronco Raptor from them late in the game and took delivery last week. No ADM.
Who knows but I did appreciate the $150 check I got yesterday for the referral!!!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is really the question. Which dealerships were picked and why. My dealership is a small market dealership who in previous years never was able to land a R or CFTP. All accepted logic on allocations went out the window for 2022 cars when compared to the process for prior years. If you sold x amount of Shelby’s or were a Ford Performance dealership you we’re guaranteed x number of base cars and x number of CFTP or R cars.
That logic did not seem to hold true for 2022. Maybe a reflection of ADM. I dunno. I do know my family owned small town dealership is anti ADM.
My buddy ordered a Bronco Raptor from them late in the game and took delivery last week. No ADM.
Who knows but I did appreciate the $150 check I got yesterday for the referral!!!
Another testament that they are not necessarily limited. Desirable yes, but limited?

You are another who appreciates what the car is. Good on you.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Yes you could order a GT500 from any model year in any configuration. But, the dealer had to be willing to give up that allocation to you to do so. Seeing how greedy many of them have been with **WARNING ADM MENTION** marking up their cars, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if many folks were told they couldn’t order one by a dealer.

The only limiting factor was the allocation per dealer. And seeing how many of them ordered HEs I think we will find it to be the most popular color choice for 2022, much like Performance Blue was for 2020.
Kinda funny because Im pretty sure Wimbledon White (Heritage Edition) was also the most popular color for the last model year of the GT350, so it looks like the GT500 is following the same lead for its last model year.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda funny because Im pretty sure Wimbledon White (Heritage Edition) was also the most popular color for the last model year of the GT350, so it looks like the GT500 is following the same lead for its last model year.
The WW for the GT500 HE is the stripe color, not the car color which is Brittney Blue. The GT350 HE car color was WW with blue stripes. Not sure I follow your logic?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Well I am in the greater Houston area, and am about to be in the market for a new F250. What dealership are you talking???

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Allocation could be based on many factors. The regional sales manager, previous sales, ”if you take these I’ll give you X”, ADM issues, a new facility, any and all things could come into play.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I am in the greater Houston area, and am about to be in the market for a new F250. What dealership are you talking???
PM Sent.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The WW for the GT500 HE is the stripe color, not the car color which is Brittney Blue. The GT350 HE car color was WW with blue stripes. Not sure I follow your logic?
The GT350 HE and GT500 HE are apparently the most popular color options for the model year that they came out

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT350 HE and GT500 HE are apparently the most popular color options for the model year that they came out
Gotcha. Drawing a comparison on HE not color. Makes sense to me now.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Keep in mind that just because used car prices exploded over the last year and a half that alone is not a proper indicator of what future values will be.
Saying a GT350R HE is worth XXX dollars today has absolutely no bearing on the future value of GT500s especially considering the market is correcting back down.

Sponsored

Jack1.1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 HE, 2022 Shelby GT500 White
Here's and update based on securing now 1934 (up from 1915) car's stickers:

Of all production I am showing:
Base 37.5%
Base HE 19.1%
CFTP 25.7%
CFTP HE 17.7%

Remember these figures are based on about half the production, final numbers will vary some I would think but not by much. So from my first post #27 the percentages jump around a little bit as expected.

Here's some more 2022 stats for ya based on 1934 cars:

brittany blue - 36.8%
oxford white - 10.2%
shadow black - 8.9%
carbon gray - 6.4%
dark gray matter - 6.4%

and so on..........
any bets on whose next?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It is absolutely right. Shelby American is doing 60 KR builds per model year and 45 total for overseas customers. Some moron salesmen who don’t know their products from their ass jumped on this info and started telling customers the 225 number was in reference to HE models. This is so divorced from the truth it’s laughable.
I think an article also falsely claimed this number and got that ball rolling, or it was misinterpreted as such. They definitely produced a ton of these things, easily the most common for '22. I'd venture to guess there's over that from this forum and a few fb groups I'm in.

On another note, if they wanted to make the HE cars truly special they should have left the color off the base mustangs. I saw '23 ecoboost for sale the other day in Brittany blue.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think an article also falsely claimed this number and got that ball rolling, or it was misinterpreted as such. They definitely produced a ton of these things, easily the most common for '22. I'd venture to guess there's over that from this forum and a few fb groups I'm in.

On another note, if they wanted to make the HE cars truly special they should have left the color off the base mustangs. I saw '23 ecoboost for sale the other day in Brittany blue.
What they should have done to make it special is if they did something unique to the car besides just paint.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.