Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I as well.

I’m happy with my HE, I love the color and the stripes. I just assumed it would have limited production, that’s what I get for assuming. As all you GT500 owners already know what makes them special is the mechanical aspect, the engine is a beast.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I’m happy with my HE, I love the color and the stripes. I just assumed it would have limited production, that’s what I get for assuming. As all you GT500 owners already know what makes them special is the mechanical aspect, the engine is a beast.
I as well.
Count me in on that list. Am I more pleased than my 2020 base, likely so because I wanted the carbon rims and thought I was going to order a carbon fiber handling pack car but when I learned they would not produce that car for 2022, the HE CFTP struck a nerve with me and that's what I ordered.

If you want rare, find a 2021 carbon fiber handling pack car. That's a rare bird. I don't know how many were produced, but I don't think it was a lot. My guess is its the lowest production number for any model of the S650 GT500s.

Does anyone know how many were produced?

Last edited:

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could anyone order and get a HE?
No. But if you know the exact rhyme and reason how it was determined who could and could not, you know more than anyone here does.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
No. But if you know the exact rhyme and reason how it was determined who could and could not, you know more than anyone here does.

I was surprised, I had a 2020 Base with a bunch of options, I called my dealer and asked he said sure and placed the order. I had given up, I got the call, my own HE which is cool and surprising.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was surprised, I had a 2020 Base with a bunch of options, I called my dealer and asked he said sure and placed the order. I had given up, I got the call, my own HE which is cool and surprising.
And on the flip side of that, many called and were told no such luck but that was also the case on getting any GT500 at all so I guess @Tomster is correct. But how they picked who got one is a mystery.

My dealer, who I have a relationship and the HE being the 3rd Shelby I purchased from them, from day one the GM told me its a crap shoot and maybe we will get lucky. He said I could for sure, well as sure as he could be, could get a base and likely a CFTP no problem. The HE had him stumped and unsure.
It was up in the air if I would get mine until the order was accepted 9 months or so after I put it in.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yes you could order a GT500 from any model year in any configuration. But, the dealer had to be willing to give up that allocation to you to do so. Seeing how greedy many of them have been with **WARNING ADM MENTION** marking up their cars, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if many folks were told they couldn’t order one by a dealer.

The only limiting factor was the allocation per dealer. And seeing how many of them ordered HEs I think we will find it to be the most popular color choice for 2022, much like Performance Blue was for 2020.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And on the flip side of that, many called and were told no such luck but that was also the case on getting any GT500 at all so I guess @Tomster is correct. But how they picked who got one is a mystery.

My dealer, who I have a relationship and the HE being the 3rd Shelby I purchased from them, from day one the GM told me its a crap shoot and maybe we will get lucky. He said I could for sure, well as sure as he could be, could get a base and likely a CFTP no problem. The HE had him stumped and unsure.
It was up in the air if I would get mine until the order was accepted 9 months or so after I put it in.
They are allocated cars, just like any other Ford Performance vehicles. Some were sitting in dealers showrooms, which means they were either dealer order, a broken deal, or unexpected allocations, which blows the set number of limited vehicles theory out of the water.

Here's a question for anyone..... did Ford ever put in writing that the HE will be a limited production vehicle with only X amount of vehicles produced?

I dont recall ever seeing that anywhere. That tells me that (and is backed up by the data presented so far) that they can make as many as they like. And based on the numbers so far, that's about what they have done. They can't be all HE cars.......

Edit:
Cudos to the folks who have bought this car for the tribute factor. They are the ones out there driving them and enjoying them for what they are. I think that is what was intended and it's a shame that some have looked at this from the investment perspective.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
They are allocated cars, just like any other Ford Performance vehicles. Some were sitting in dealers showrooms, which means they were either dealer order, a broken deal, or unexpected allocations, which blows the set number of limited vehicles theory out of the water.

Here's a question for anyone..... did Ford ever put in writing that the HE will be a limited production vehicle with only X amount of vehicles produced?

I dont recall ever seeing that anywhere. That tells me that (and is backed up by the data presented so far) that they can make as many as they like. And based on the numbers so far, that's about what they have done. They can't be all HE cars.......

Edit:
Cudos to the folks who have bought this car for the tribute factor. They are the ones out there driving them and enjoying them for what they are. I think that is what was intended and it's a shame that some have looked at this from the investment perspective.
I don't remember seeing anything in writing. My 67 fastback has and will appreciate more than
the GT500 will. I remember 2005 Ford GT on the show room floor at a small town dealer 3500~ population, now there is a investment vehicle.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't remember seeing anything in writing. My 67 fastback has and will appreciate more than
the GT500 will. I remember 2005 Ford GT on the show room floor at a small town dealer 3500~ population, now there is a investment vehicle.
Ford did say "limited edition", but that doesn't mean anything unless they specify the amount of units that they cap production at. I recall the Ford GT went though something like this. The intent by Ford was to build only 500 cars, but they went ahead and continued the run and built almost 3x that amount.

Again, I don't recall reading a specified limit for GT500 HE production. What good is LIMITED EDITION, unless there is a specified limit?

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ford did say "limited edition", but that doesn't mean anything unless they specify the amount of units that they cap production at. I recall the Ford GT went though something like this. The intent by Ford was to build only 500 cars, but they went ahead and continued the run and built almost 3x that amount.

Again, I don't recall reading a specified limit for GT500 HE production. What good is LIMITED EDITION, unless there is a specified limit?
Correct, and you can't say it's "limited edition" if, in fact, it accounts for most of the year's total production....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s a 2006 but still…(no, it’s not mine. I wish)

4A605FFC-04B5-4ABE-8492-F4F1C8347CEE.jpeg

8872EA30-FA78-419A-8CF7-7FBBD080B22D.jpeg

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

You have to admit, FORD has some of the coolest high performance vehicles for a large auto mfg, ie... the big 3. First time I saw a SOHC 427 in the 70's I was hooked and have been ever since.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

I love them. A friend is building a collection of the no-stripe cars, the goal one of each color. I believe he is only missing two or three.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.