Not open for further replies.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I love them. A friend is building a collection of the no-stripe cars, the goal one of each color. I believe he is only missing two or three.
Wow, that’s pretty awesome! Which colors is he missing?
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wow, that’s pretty awesome! Which colors is he missing?
Silver and tungsten for sure. It's been a while since I've talked to him, and I know he found a yellow and a white last year so maybe those are the only two now. A few of the ones he has were wreck salvages, others were not like the yellow and white. It's lunacy what even a well-done salvaged and properly repaired one is worth, they were a collector's item from the word go. He bought up virtually all the spare chassis and many parts from Ford many years ago, and is reaping the benefits now.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Silver and tungsten for sure. It's been a while since I've talked to him, and I know he found a yellow and a white last year so maybe those are the only two now. A few of the ones he has were wreck salvages, others were not like the yellow and white. It's lunacy what even a well-done salvaged and properly repaired one is worth, they were a collector's item from the word go. He bought up virtually all the spare chassis and many parts from Ford many years ago, and is reaping the benefits now.
That’s pretty cool. Yellow is probably my favorite color on those cars. But they’re all stunning.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm usually pretty neutral when it comes to white cars, but I have to say this is pretty hot. He scored it in early December.

white_ns.jpg

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I'm usually pretty neutral when it comes to white cars, but I have to say this is pretty hot. He scored it in early December.

white_ns.jpg
That's awesome !!! These threads are very ADHD like, I changed the topic with one reference to the 2005 FORD GT. :like:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

white_ns.jpg
I’m with you, white I can take it or leave. But on that car and the Shelby’s it just looks good.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That's awesome !!! These threads are very ADHD like, I changed the topic with one reference to the 2005 FORD GT. :like:
It was probably bound to spiral wildly out of control into another ADM thread, so why not tangent into some Ford GTs instead? :rockon:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

white_ns.jpg
Um........ what's that car doing out in the snow?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That pic was taken right after it came out of his car hauler, before entering its warm new digs.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
pfffft…living life 😎

SNOW ain’t the problem, it’s whatever your town/county/state dumps on the roads that is 😂

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
pfffft…living life 😎

SNOW ain’t the problem, it’s whatever your town/county/state dumps on the roads that is 😂
True story

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
just as much as any other allocated GT500, sure. see below
I would push back on that one. I placed my order for a base HE. No options as I didn't want any material holdups to cause it to be canceled, just the HE and my order was still denied by Ford, but my dealer received an allocation for a "regular" GT500. Another dealer who was "on standby" placed 2 dealer stock orders for a HE and Code Orange GT500 that would have been mine if it came through. The Code Orange came through and the HE was denied so they ordered an Eruption Green GT500 my dealer got a Race Red GT500 and a CFTP in addition, but the reps gave them no HE's in different regions. Ford was clearly limiting who would receive the Heritage Edition. Even my conversation with Tom @ FP was like Ford is going to cancel a few HE orders.

Just as you said, the GT500's are allocation vehicles so some people aren't going to get them. They are by nature limited vehicles. The Heritage Edition vehicles are even more so. I think the greed (for lack of a better term) of some people after a quick buck & seeing the GT350 HE R's skyrocket caused additional desirability to get these cars. Again, there are so many 1 of 1 Mustangs (after people get their Marti reports) and it doesn't move the needle unless it is an already desirable car and then those things pile on top of it.

Maybe I'm an idealist, but I feel the reason why the HE cars were even more desirable, as with the GT350 HE's was because of the heritage of the GT500 and this being a tribute to a legacy of mind-blowing vehicles. Rarity, mileage, how vehicles are optioned etc. only add onto the value of the Heritage Edition.

Info at 12:07, Apr 1:

Thank you for choosing to chat with us. We will be with you shortly. You are currently 1 waiting in queue.
Info at 12:07, Apr 1:

You are now chatting with Tom.

Sean Wright at 12:08, Apr 1:
Hi Tom,

Sean Wright at 12:08, Apr 1:
How are you doing today?

Tom at 12:11, Apr 1:
We appreciate your patience, please continue to wait.

Hello!

Sean Wright at 12:11, Apr 1:
Not a problem, thank you.

BUSY!!

Sean Wright at 12:11, Apr 1:
Haha, I can imagine!

Tom at 12:12, Apr 1:
How can I help you?

Sean Wright at 12:13, Apr 1:
I had placed an order on a 2022 GT500 and I was wondering if you would be able to let me know if the order was placed and accepted? It was order #and the sales code was #

Tom at 12:15, Apr 1:
In Order Processing

Sean Wright at 12:16, Apr 1:
If you don't mind me asking, what is order processing?

Tom at 12:16, Apr 1:
In the ford system but not scheduled....yet.

Sean Wright at 12:17, Apr 1:
Ok I see. I know that you guys are busy, but if you had to take a guess, do you think that an order with only the Heritage Edition option would get built by Ford at this point? I mean, I know you can't really predict anything, but I was just curious based on your experience.

Tom at 12:18, Apr 1:
No idea on that, all we can do here is track it. More Heritage Edition orders will be canceled.

Sean Wright at 12:18, Apr 1:
Now that I think about it, I may have been talking to you a few years back when the engine in my Boss 302 blew and JPC Racing was rebuilding it. You were pretty helpful with the CJ information.

Sean Wright at 12:18, Apr 1:
I understand, I figured I would ask though.

Tom at 12:19, Apr 1:
Good day

Sean Wright at 12:19, Apr 1:
Ok. Take it easy
No. But if you know the exact rhyme and reason how it was determined who could and could not, you know more than anyone here does.
We were all in the dark on how the heck Ford decided to do their allocations this year with everyone trying to hold onto some glimmer of hope that their order would have been accepted and they would receive their cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would push back on that one. I placed my order for a base HE. No options as I didn't want any material holdups to cause it to be canceled, just the HE and my order was still denied by Ford, but my dealer received an allocation for a "regular" GT500. Another dealer who was "on standby" placed 2 dealer stock orders for a HE and Code Orange GT500 that would have been mine if it came through. The Code Orange came through and the HE was denied so they ordered an Eruption Green GT500 my dealer got a Race Red GT500 and a CFTP in addition, but the reps gave them no HE's in different regions. Ford was clearly limiting who would receive the Heritage Edition. Even my conversation with Tom @ FP was like Ford is going to cancel a few HE orders.

Just as you said, the GT500's are allocation vehicles so some people aren't going to get them. They are by nature limited vehicles. The Heritage Edition vehicles are even more so. I think the greed (for lack of a better term) of some people after a quick buck & seeing the GT350 HE R's skyrocket caused additional desirability to get these cars. Again, there are so many 1 of 1 Mustangs (after people get their Marti reports) and it doesn't move the needle unless it is an already desirable car and then those things pile on top of it.

Maybe I'm an idealist, but I feel the reason why the HE cars were even more desirable, as with the GT350 HE's was because of the heritage of the GT500 and this being a tribute to a legacy of mind-blowing vehicles. Rarity, mileage, how vehicles are optioned etc. only add onto the value of the Heritage Edition.

We were all in the dark on how the heck Ford decided to do their allocations this year with everyone trying to hold onto some glimmer of hope that their order would have been accepted and they would receive their cars.
Its not an all you can eat allocation process. The folks in charge figure on what they want to do and do it in terms of allocations. The good news for you is that they don't seem to be limiting the numbers produced, but instead the problem is who (the dealerships) they are giving the allocations to. I wish you the best in your allocation. You seem to me to be one who is deserving of an allocation. Not one of those folks in it for the $$

All the best.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.