Gurupitka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 2021 powerboost
Hello I am in search for a clutch here for my setup,

currently running a whipple on pump gas but will move over to e85 sometime this year.
currently 624 wheel hp with and no plans to exceed 900 wheel, I’d like to settle in at 750-850 range.

what clutches are you guys running? How do they compare to a stock feel?

is the Mantic 9000 really worth the extra money? Anyone run more than one of these to compare?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I've seen a few issues and personally had the issue where the mantic cerametalic clutch for the 18+ d4 does not disengage properly out of gear. I haven't heard of a specific fix, so 15 and up mantic 18 up would go with mcleod or centerforce myself.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I’ve used to run the lpx hd, I liked the engagement, but did not like that it was a solid hub. I now run a sprung hub Mcleod RXT with my Magnum XL and really don’t care for it. Some seam to love mantic, others have had issues.

I think you’ll find good and bad with just about every clutch manufacturer which makes it tough. If I ever need to drop my trans again, the RXT is not going back it. But honestly have no idea what I’d replace it with. LOL

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve used to run the lpx hd, I liked the engagement, but did not like that it was a solid hub. I now run a sprung hub Mcleod RXT with my Magnum XL and really don’t care for it. Some seam to love mantic, others have had issues.

I think you’ll find good and bad with just about every clutch manufacturer which makes it tough. If I ever need to drop my trans again, the RXT is not going back it. But honestly have no idea what I’d replace it with. LOL
How’s clutch pedal feel with the LPXHD and McLeod RXT, hard, soft or Goldilocks?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

What about the solid hub didn’t you like on the lpxhd? And why don't you like the RTX?

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
How’s clutch pedal feel with the LPXHD and McLeod RXT, hard, soft or Goldilocks?
The lpxhd has a bit more heavier pedal than the RXT. The RXT 1200 would be comparable to the lpxhd.
What about the solid hub didn’t you like on the lpxhd? And why don't you like the RTX?
Didn't like the gear rollover noise at low rpm with the solid hub. I'm running a sprung hub version of the RXT with my Magnum XL. Zero noise from it at all, but the engagement is tricky. Chatters pretty decent if you're not perfect with it. My engagement also seems to change, sometimes close to the floor, other times higher on the pedal. I'm confident there is zero air in the hydraulics, I think the floater plate drags at times. But high rpm shifting, there is zero issue with it.

Last edited:

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I just got one of my cars back with an RXT 1200 and I really like it, my other car is in for extensive mods and Is getting a Tilton twin disc rated for 1250 torque

Sponsored

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
I have Exedy ET04XD hypertwin disc, wanted to be different. Clutch pedal feels like stock and holds the power just fine. The initial bite just takes getting used to when coming from a stock clutch..probably like any other twin disc+ clutch but no big deal.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I have Exedy ET04XD hypertwin disc, wanted to be different. Clutch pedal feels like stock and holds the power just fine. The initial bite just takes getting used to when coming from a stock clutch..probably like any other twin disc+ clutch but no big deal.
it’s another great option

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Hello I am in search for a clutch here for my setup,

currently running a whipple on pump gas but will move over to e85 sometime this year.
currently 624 wheel hp with and no plans to exceed 900 wheel, I’d like to settle in at 750-850 range.

what clutches are you guys running? How do they compare to a stock feel?

is the Mantic 9000 really worth the extra money? Anyone run more than one of these to compare?
Check out the Spec clutch offerings too. I had the SS trim in my 2017 GT. It was perfect.

@beefcake sells them as well. https://www.beefcakeracing.com/spec-sf50sst-2/

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Im actually going with a spec with the GTO. I hear nothing but great things form everyone who has it. The GTO isn’t highly modded but she’s a heffer. 4100 lbs with me and fluids.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Im actually going with a spec with the GTO. I hear nothing but great things form everyone who has it. The GTO isn’t highly modded but she’s a heffer. 4100 lbs with me and fluids.
let me know!
Sponsored