Sponsored

McLeod RXT vs Mantic Twin Disc

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Just wondering on opinions of the Mcleod RXT clutch vs the Mantic Twin Disc. I already have a RST and McLeod steel flywheel, so switching to the RXT would definitely be cheaper. I know the Mantic is the top dog as far as performance clutches go, but is it worth the price over the other clutches out there? Anyone upgrade from the RST/RXT to the Mantic?
Sponsored

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Well, ended up going with the lethal performance LPXHD clutch. Should hopefully be a good in between clutch between the RST which for me slipped at NA power levels and the RXT that supposedly likes to break MT-82's

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I know the Mantic is the top dog as far as performance clutches go, but is it worth the price over the other clutches out there?
ACE is top dog in my book.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Should hopefully be a good in between clutch between the RST which for me slipped at NA power levels and the RXT that supposedly likes to break MT-82's
Stock clutch on mine. Around 30K miles, no slip. Mantic is overrated. And I can't stand uncushioned clutches,

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Well, ended up going with the lethal performance LPXHD clutch. Should hopefully be a good in between clutch between the RST which for me slipped at NA power levels and the RXT that supposedly likes to break MT-82's
I would have suggested exactly the same. The LPX HD is a beefy, durable clutch. The Mantic is technically for full race applications. The LPX is a kevlar faced clutch plate which will deal with high horsepower while retaining smooth street manors. The kevlar is also going to wear out much slower than a ceramic or organic clutch as well; put the power down more times. You'll be pleased with your choice :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
ve suggested exactly the same. The LPX HD is a beefy, durable clutch. The Mantic is technically for full race applications. The LPX is a kevlar faced clutch plate which will deal with high horsepower while retaining smooth street manors. The kevlar is also going to wear out much slower than a ceramic or organic clutch as well; put the power down more times. You'll be pleased with your choice :thumbsup:
Thanks, my car is not a daily, but I do like the driveability and pedal feel of the RST. I'm assuming the LPX should be pretty similar. I initially wanted to Mantic due to the sprung hub and all billet design, but I couldn't justify the price.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
You could've still gone unsprung with the Mantic and daily'd it without issue. I wouldn't necessarily go that route unless you're getting toward 1000 ft-lbs rear wheel. Clutch feel/engagement would be fairly similar to stock but there'll be some clutch chatter at different points like on start up. Smooth clutch slip-ability as well.

Last edited:

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
I just have a week and 50 miles on the lpx hd switching from the stock clutch. It feels very smooth and not that on or off people mention about some twin disks. Maybe its part driver not being smooth idk. It has no noise or shuddering etc. Very street user friendly. After reading all the twin disk issues on here I figured it would be a lot different than the stock clutch and was nervous of any un sprung clutch but the only difference I noticed is the pedal is firm but not like a terminator I had with a spec clutch that was so stiff I would put it in N at every light. Switched to a braided line also may have helped also as it feels like it starts grabbing at the same position over the stock clutch being all over the place as where it would start to grab.. Just my take from only having a oem in the car before this. I am very pleased with it.

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the input. Good to hear from someone who actually has the clutch. This is my first manual car and i remember when i swapped out the stock clutch for the RST it was like learning to drive the car again.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Also looking at getting the LPXHD clutch. Keep us updated on how it performs:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Also looking at getting the LPXHD clutch. Keep us updated on how it performs:thumbsup:
We're happy to answer any questions with it. We have heard great results, outside of even our personal testing. It received a high stamp of approval by Calimer Transmissions and he actually runs one :)

What about the Tilton st246?
Absolutely FANTASTIC clutch. I love the adjustable TOB. I'd trust either one of the two.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I just have a week and 50 miles on the lpx hd switching from the stock clutch. It feels very smooth and not that on or off people mention about some twin disks. Maybe its part driver not being smooth idk. It has no noise or shuddering etc. Very street user friendly. After reading all the twin disk issues on here I figured it would be a lot different than the stock clutch and was nervous of any un sprung clutch but the only difference I noticed is the pedal is firm but not like a terminator I had with a spec clutch that was so stiff I would put it in N at every light. Switched to a braided line also may have helped also as it feels like it starts grabbing at the same position over the stock clutch being all over the place as where it would start to grab.. Just my take from only having a oem in the car before this. I am very pleased with it.
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to help but If you aren't putting the car in neutral at stops, you're placing a lot of unnecessary stress on the TOB and clutch.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We just got a ton of Lethal LPX and LPXHD twin kits in stock as well as more Street Warrior 700's and Street Fighter 525's. For any of you looking into a new clutch setup feel free to give us a shout and we'll be glad to walk you through your options.
DBFED6AD-23CD-41C7-B35B-2B3BFB8D66BB-L.jpg
Sponsored