Sponsored

Are LPX and LPXHD clutches made by MCLeod?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
when a company private labels a product, that product is made by the that company, it doesn't matter who "puts it together" it is not supported nor warrantied by mcleod in any shape nor form. there is a reason mcleod did not bring a kevlar clutch to market for the cars.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
when a company private labels a product, that product is made by the that company, it doesn't matter who "puts it together" it is not supported nor warrantied by mcleod in any shape nor form. there is a reason mcleod did not bring a kevlar clutch to market for the cars.
Can you expand on why or what's wrong with kevlar? Very curious...

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Maybe it does'nt matter to someone like you since you just buy wholesale parts and sell them at a mark-up. But for those of us that actually build and race our cars, knowing what parts I put on my car and where they come from is pretty damn important. I sure as shit would not put a relabeled set of ebay headers on my car, I don't care whose name is slapped on them.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Maybe it does'nt matter to someone like you since you just buy wholesale parts and sell them at a mark-up. But for those of us that actually build and race our cars, knowing what parts I put on my car and where they come from is pretty damn important. I sure as shit would not put a relabeled set of ebay headers on my car, I don't care whose name is slapped on them.
Is this directed to me? If so, i think you are mistaken on who I am. I have been racing competively for over 20 years now. The reason customers come to me is for my reputation. I started my business after 12 years of racing and building a name and getting sponsorships, and those sponsors wanting me to represent their brands. I wanted to give an affordable solution to customers, without all the bs, and help them save money to build better cars.

We also put out some of the quickest cars in the country, and build the baddest 6r and 10r transmission out there as well. Me and my partner have a stellar reputation.

Thats why when I see inaccurate info posted. I say something. I don't "make" parts for that very reason. I sell the best and at great pricing for the guys. I'm not out here trying to create a market for my own product and make more money.

every single product, every single privatel labeled product from every manufacture is "secret" when people make something. Everything except this particular line of clutches...

why.... to try to pull off as being something it is not. and is not backed nor warrantied by. plain and simple

you get all your buddies, and the people you sell trans for to say its "easier" on the trans, and then people regurgitate what they read, because most people are sheep. they read it on facebook so it must be true.

then..... you buy cheap because its private label, and then hold the margin higher... to...make more money.

i'd rather sell you the name brand, at a lower price than "knock off brand a", and give you a product backed by the mfg.

sorry for the rant. but integrity is everything to me..

thats why when "company a" company stole my intellectual property, i had to threaten to sue them over it until they gave it back. some companies are all about profit.. and will do anything to get it.

The thing you'll always get from me is the truth, if i don't think you need it, i won't sell it to you. yes, we sell alot of parts, but those parts were based on reputation, treating people right, and being a true enthusiast. unlike some people that want to be internet famous, i want to help people go fast.

Last edited:

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Is this directed to me? If so, i think you are mistaken on who I am. I have been racing competively for over 20 years now. The reason customers come to me is for my reputation. I started my business after 12 years of racing and building a name and getting sponsorships, and those sponsors wanting me to represent their brands. I wanted to give an affordable solution to customers, without all the bs, and help them save money to build better cars.

We also put out some of the quickest cars in the country, and build the baddest 6r and 10r transmission out there as well. Me and my partner have a stellar reputation.

Thats why when I see inaccurate info posted. I say something. I don't "make" parts for that very reason. I sell the best and at great pricing for the guys. I'm not out here trying to create a market for my own product and make more money.

every single product, every single privatel labeled product from every manufacture is "secret" when people make something. Everything except this particular line of clutches...

why.... to try to pull off as being something it is not. and is not backed nor warrantied by. plain and simple

you get all your buddies, and the people you sell trans for to say its "easier" on the trans, and then people regurgitate what they read, because most people are sheep. they read it on facebook so it must be true.

then..... you buy cheap because its private label, and then hold the margin higher... to...make more money.

i'd rather sell you the name brand, at a lower price than "knock off brand a", and give you a product backed by the mfg.

thats why when "company a" company stole my intellectual property, i had to threaten to sue them over it until they gave it back. some companies are all about profit.. and will do anything to get it.

The thing you'll always get from me is the truth, if i don't think you need it, i won't sell it to you. yes, we sell alot of parts, but those parts were based on reputation, treating people right, and being a true enthusiast. unlike some people that want to be internet famous, i want to help people go fast.

View attachment 641121

View attachment 641122
No, i'm not mistaken. I remember trying to buy my whipple from you back in early 2020 and I got an email price from you that you then went back on and said that email shouldn't have been sent and you would not honor it. Integrity, is definitely not one of your strong suits. Lethal on the other hand did honor your quote and price matched it.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
No, i'm not mistaken. I remember trying to buy my whipple from you back in early 2020 and I got an email price from you that you then went back on and said that email shouldn't have been sent and you would not honor it. Integrity, is definitely not one of your strong suits. Lethal on the other hand did honor your quote and price matched it.
well I can’t reference something specific like that but anybody can always make a typo

if I told you a kit was $919 instead of$9195. Forgetting to put a 5 in. That’s called a mistake

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
It’s Mcleoud. I’ve spoken direct to Lethal. It’s McLeod.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
@beefcake What happened bud? you deleted all your comments... Good thing i saved them for you.

Thats some real integrity there, deleting your post...

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
@beefcake What happened bud? you deleted all your comments... Good thing i saved them for you.

Thats some real integrity there, deleting your post...
nothing was deleted.......

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The LPX clutches are definitely made by McLeod. Mine came missing one of the tiny shims, and after some back and forth with one of the Lethal guys on Facebook, I ended up contacting McLeod directly and they acknowledged they make this clutch and also sent me a new package of shims right away. McLeod was very quick to respond and get me taken care of.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The LPX clutches are definitely made by McLeod. Mine came missing one of the tiny shims, and after some back and forth with one of the Lethal guys on Facebook, I ended up contacting McLeod directly and they acknowledged they make this clutch and also sent me a new package of shims right away. McLeod was very quick to respond and get me taken care of.
I’m glad that they got you taken care of. Does the performance of the clutch meet your expectations?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came missing one of the tiny shims, and after some back and forth with one of the Lethal guys on Facebook, I ended up contacting McLeod directl
so what's @LethalPerformance excuse for not supporting/being difficult about their white-label product?

Last edited:

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m glad that they got you taken care of. Does the performance of the clutch meet your expectations?
I honestly cant say yet. I spent all summer waiting on a Calimer stage 3 and by the time I got the car back together with the new clutch, the season was practically over. I did go with this clutch on the recommendation of Ben Calimer himself, and whether he is getting some kind of kickback or not, I do not know. The clutch has real nice driveability and is quiet. Will finish break in next spring and give her hell. My car makes right around 900rwhp with a Whipple.
so what's @LethalPerformance excuse for not supporting/being difficult about their white-label product?
It was a miscommunication. The rep on Facebook just wasn't understanding what I was asking about, even with plenty of pics and description...lol. Originally was told that's how it should be(from Lethal rep), but I have about 10 cents worth of common sense, so I got ahold of McLeod and they rectified the situation quickly for me. Lethal has always done right by me so I'll continue to use them.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
not that, that is a bad thing but I would like some clarity. I realize they are not fully “rebadged” RST and RXT clutches as they use Kevlar instead of ceramic. But I have heard over and over the clutches are fully using and manufactured by McLeod. Just wondering. Like I said in no way is this a bad thing. Matter of fact it’s probably a good thing. Considering the less aggressive nature of Kevlar on a transmission combined with the great reliability of McLeod. Maybe some insight from Lethal reps if possible.
Hey there! Just wanted to hop in this thread and start, by saying thank you for your consideration and support of us here at Lethal. We really do sincerely appreciate it! Although I am not able to say on here who is our supplier, I assure you its one of the best in the business, as Andrew already had hinted towards. Follow up to that statement, I do wanna make it publicly known that we stand by our product 100% and will be more than willing to cover any issues presented/caused by the actual equipment itself. Also, did wanna mention that although FB is convenient for replies/messages, its not always the same staff there to answer. Best bet always is to reach out directly. Also, you are more than welcome to message me anytime and would be more than happy to assist any way I can. Thanks so much!

Eric5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I honestly cant say yet. I spent all summer waiting on a Calimer stage 3 and by the time I got the car back together with the new clutch, the season was practically over. I did go with this clutch on the recommendation of Ben Calimer himself, and whether he is getting some kind of kickback or not, I do not know. The clutch has real nice driveability and is quiet. Will finish break in next spring and give her hell. My car makes right around 900rwhp with a Whipple.

It was a miscommunication. The rep on Facebook just wasn't understanding what I was asking about, even with plenty of pics and description...lol. Originally was told that's how it should be(from Lethal rep), but I have about 10 cents worth of common sense, so I got ahold of McLeod and they rectified the situation quickly for me. Lethal has always done right by me so I'll continue to use them.
I agree... Lethal has always taken care of me as well.
Sponsored