DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hey All,

does anyone know where I can buy the correct color OEM HP package rear spoiler?

The only thing I can find are gloss black and I don’t think that will look proper with the Mirrors in the almost matte metallic color.

Does anyone who has added the gloss black one added have a good photo they can post that shows the Mirrors and Spoiler? Anyone who has already added the Ford OEM piece with an opinion of how it looks being gloss vs. the matte color?

Lastly, when I get my car ceramic coated will that make the mirrors gloss and make it a closer match?

If anyone has an actual Mach1 OEM colored one they want to sell of a wrecked car being parted out or maybe someone who changed to something else, I would be very happy to pay a litttle premium for the correct one.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:
OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
One thing to consider is that the gloss wing matches the glossy panel in the back. IMHO it looks better from the back. The mat finish on the mirrors and lower trim don't bother me, but it is really just a matter of preference. Do what looks best to you. :thumbsup:

As far as ceramic. I have seen a Focus RS with ceramic on the front panel that made it glossy instead of mat and to me it just didn't look right. But again that is just my preference.

PXL_20210427_224931402.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve heard of a few ceramic coatings that are matte finish specific though I don’t have any personal experience with them. A good detail shop will know what products are out there and how to apply it properly

Sponsored

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
One thing to consider is that the gloss wing matches the glossy panel in the back. IMHO it looks better from the back. The mat finish on the mirrors and lower trim don't bother me, but it is really just a matter of preference. Do what looks best to you. :thumbsup:

As far as ceramic. I have seen a Focus RS with ceramic on the front panel that made it glossy instead of mat and to me it just didn't look right. But again that is just my preference.

PXL_20210427_224931402.jpg
Thanks very much for the opinion, that is exactly what I wanted. Appreciate you taking the time.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I’ve heard of a few ceramic coatings that are matte finish specific though I don’t have any personal experience with them. A good detail shop will know what products are out there and how to apply it properly
You are correct, they make it very shiny or they can do it in Matte. I am having my car done and have them using the shiny stuff everywhere except for where the parts are already matte and they will use the matte ceramic on those areas.
Sponsored