Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I don't think Yugos had a frame. They used old tin cans from the cold war.
Crap ............ I never thought of that. The magnets in high end speakers might cause an issue. :explode:
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Considering a Model 3 Performance :D to replace my G20 330e
Where's the syringe of K when we need one? If you're gonna invoke the devil, at least utter the words 'Mach-E'.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the syringe of K when we need one? If you're gonna invoke the devil, at least utter the words 'Mach-E'.

Nah, I want the Mach E to crash and burn... I hate electric cars, but if it’s going to be anything, at least make it something that isn’t the crossover (and bears the Mustang name)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
These conversations remind me of all the guys that never wanted to move to fuel injection from carburetors...

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Ha ha. That comment is proof! Electric is coming whether anyone likes it or not. I still remember those piece of crap throttle bodies of the '70s but lo and behold we ended up with port fuel injection which makes a carburetor an ineficient antique.

And that's exactly what the internal combustion engine will be because electric engines have instant nearly silent massive torque.

But I'll be dead by then so it won't matter.

I'm going to enjoy every fossil fuel vehicle I can until then.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
because electric engines have instant nearly silent massive torque.
There's plenty of EV's out there with nowhere near the range or performance of internal combustion engines sans those 100K+ ones. So relax guy, ICE will be around for a long time to come.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Look back 20 years ago the only electric cars were few, ineficient and hybrids. Once they get the battery to great charge and smaller the ice is done. It'll be quicker than you think. In 62 kennedy said he wanted to go to the moon and 7 years later we did. With a slide rule and transistors. Only 50 years before kennedy people were riding horses and carriages. Change is quick and inevitable.

I didn't say I liked it. But it is true.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
and 7 years later we did
and in 7 years the vast majority of cars sold will still be ICE. As of right now, 1% of all cars sold are EV's. In 10 years that may be 25% according to forecasts.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Look back 20 years ago the only electric cars were few, ineficient and hybrids. Once they get the battery to great charge and smaller the ice is done. It'll be quicker than you think. In 62 kennedy said he wanted to go to the moon and 7 years later we did. With a slide rule and transistors. Only 50 years before kennedy people were riding horses and carriages. Change is quick and inevitable.

I didn't say I liked it. But it is true.
I dont know how much i bank on BATTERY operated vehicles being the future. They are expensive to make, plus you have to worry about charge times being comparable with filling up a gas tank (3-5 mins to fill), range, and not to mention the materials needed to make these batteries are running dry. There isnt an abundance of the materials from what ive seen.

Solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC) , created by using nickel instead of platinum (nickel is more abundant and much cheaper than platinum) might be a different story though, and as the technology advances, may be more likely the future.

SOFC help remove many of the issues with the batteries we see in electric vehicles:

1) Lack of fueling infrastructure: SOFCs can run on a wide range of fuels, including methanol, natural gas, and even gasoline. That means that they can be fueled in most places that cars are fueled right now.

2) High cost of electricity: Electricity is expensive to generate and transmit. A natural gas fueled SOFC can produce electricity at a lower cost than the electric utility used to recharge batteries.

3) Shortage of materials: Lithium-ion batteries require materials that are in relatively short supply. Unlike most other types of fuel cells, SOFCs don't require the use of expensive catalysts like platinum in order to operate efficiently.
Sponsored