Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Some of those item prices are completely unhinged.

Unless sanity returns by August 2021 and the usual and customary GT discounts get applied - an "almost" Mach1 Delux (401A+PP1+MR+AE sticker 51K -> 44.4k) will win hands down. I can even replace the bumper and buy the trans+coolers at full retail and come out ahead. And vinyl can be trivially replicated.

I see a healthy increase in GT350 demand in the short-term (12-18mo). So all you Shelby guys bitching about how Ford screwed you on resale value by overproducing (~15,000 units?) here's your gift/apology from Ford HQ. Man, to think GT350R's were $7000 below MSRP for several months but I just couldn't conceive of laying out such money. I need to take lessons on Poker from Daniel Craig I guess.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Some of those item prices are completely unhinged.

Unless sanity returns by August 2021 and the usual and customary GT discounts get applied - an "almost" Mach1 Delux (401A+PP1+MR+AE sticker 51K -> 44.4k) will win hands down. I can even replace the bumper and buy the trans+coolers at full retail and come out ahead. And vinyl can be trivially replicated.

I see a healthy increase in GT350 demand in the short-term (12-18mo). So all you Shelby guys bitching about how Ford screwed you on resale value by overproducing (~15,000 units?) here's your gift/apology from Ford HQ. Man, to think GT350R's were $7000 below MSRP for several months but I just couldn't conceive of laying out such money. I need to take lessons on Poker from Daniel Craig I guess.
I agree, the prices are excessive when compared to a GT 401A car w/ PP1 and what it would take to get to the same level. Or even a 2020 PP2 car. It is disappointing that the construction I would want is going to cost right at around 60k. for a non-shelby Mustang. I am still really wanting to buy one this year, but it'll be a tough pill to swallow. Other option is to wait 2 years for the S650 then find a low mileage one with the same options to buy for <40k

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Guess I'm putting my 4yo son up for sale. can write his own name, knows full alphabet, count to 20, knows his colors/letters/numbers, can spell a few words. Potty Trained.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Does anyone know if it would be possible to put in a Mach 1 order now, then add the Handling Pack to the order later when it's available?

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Does anyone know if it would be possible to put in a Mach 1 order now, then add the Handling Pack to the order later when it's available?
No. Wait until the order guide is updated then place an order.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think the price is THAT awful. If they had made the base price even $1k cheaper and made the Recaros standard, I don’t think anyone would be upset about the price. Sure, you can option a PP1 to a similar price, but with the cost of adding a 3160, coolers, and subsequently losing your warranty, I’m still pulling for the Mach (unless the handling package is more than $3k, at which point I’ll be weighing my options)

I still say that if Ford would’ve just added GT350 heads and increased redline to 8000 on the Mach, everyone would’ve been satisfied

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Pretty much exactly what I've been thinking of...weighing my options. As much as I love the idea of owning a mach 1, the GT (fun daily driving) just makes more sense so far

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I don’t think the price is THAT awful. If they had made the base price even $1k cheaper and made the Recaros standard, I don’t think anyone would be upset about the price. Sure, you can option a PP1 to a similar price, but with the cost of adding a 3160, coolers, and subsequently losing your warranty, I’m still pulling for the Mach (unless the handling package is more than $3k, at which point I’ll be weighing my options)

I still say that if Ford would’ve just added GT350 heads and increased redline to 8000 on the Mach, everyone would’ve been satisfied
I don't think the price is that bad compared to what you get. The "base" Mach 1 includes a lot of features standard. It's a little high for standard cloth seats, but there's a lot of little things you get with it (12" instrument cluster, active exhaust, etc.) and the few options are not a huge increase when you compare it to a base GT going to a premium GT with similar options.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

I’m ok with the price as it’s pretty much right where I thought it would be.
but I would have loved to see the gt350 brakes included!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m ok with the price as it’s pretty much right where I thought it would be.
but I would have loved to see the gt350 brakes included!!!!
If they would’ve included GT350 brakes and GT350 heads, I’d buy it hands down no questions asked. As it sits, it really depends on how much the handling package costs

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think the price is THAT awful.
On a narrowly MSRP vs MSRP sense of the 600A trim and it's content vs the Bullitt:

Fully-loaded Bullitt was 53.5k - Recaro - Tech - Nav - 'leather+heat' - Freight = ~47
Is there almost $5000 worth of upgrades on the Mach 1 ($51.7)? NO
$3000 sure and maybe stretch to $4000 but no higher.

But unless you were one of those enamored enough to buy a Bullitt at MSRP, equal content cars were routinely sold for 10-15% off and eventually the grim reaper of discounts came for the Bullitt. If you're the kind of person who pays MSRP then I guess the base car price is within a generous realm of reason.

But charging full boat for the A10 is what is really uncalled for. While I like FJG (or Avalanche) I wouldn't pay the $1k AND the 700A price ($1.7) hike to get it.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
On a narrowly MSRP vs MSRP sense of the 600A trim and it's content vs the Bullitt:

Fully-loaded Bullitt was 53.5k - Recaro - Tech - Nav - 'leather+heat' - Freight = ~47
Is there almost $5000 worth of upgrades on the Mach 1 ($51.7)? NO
$3000 sure and maybe stretch to $4000 but no higher.

But unless you were one of those enamored enough to buy a Bullitt at MSRP, equal content cars were routinely sold for 10-15% off and eventually the grim reaper of discounts came for the Bullitt. If you're the kind of person who pays MSRP then I guess the base car price is within a generous realm of reason.

But charging full boat for the A10 is what is really uncalled for. While I like FJG (or Avalanche) I wouldn't pay the $1k AND the 700A price ($1.7) hike to get it.
MSRPvs MSRP, Bullitt is $47,700 whereas Mach 1 is $51,700. Considering we get the upgraded transmission, coolers, unique front fascia, and Magride standard (that’s the important one, as it’s a $1700 upcharge on Bullitt), I don’t think the $4k price valley is THAT bad. My only qualm is that it comes with the same engine and gets a downgrade to cloth seats standard, and doesn’t get standard Recaros. I think if it were just $1k cheaper and offered Recaros standard, it wouldn’t be anything to complain about

The A10 being an upcharge I can understand being upset about, but on the flip side, it IS a factory upgraded A10 after all. I guess the important thing is we’ll have to see how much of a difference it makes in performance and durability over a PP A10 car

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Considering that the PP1 is up to a whopping $5,195 on a 2020 GT, I'd be surprised if the HP option cost is just a mere drop in the bucket.

Holy shit, that was a $2,495 option on my '15. That's a ridiculous increase, to put it politely.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it IS a factory upgraded A10 after all
It's just the latest A10 spec Ford is putting in the 2021 F150 I'll bet. Mustang doesn't sell enough units to justify it's own R&D.
Sponsored