Sponsored

Mach 1 Appreciation Thread

JAGMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My first post (I have a M1 on order - production date "January 24"), but I felt compelled to respond. I appreciate this appreciation thread! It's somewhat exhausting reading through the negativity and I started to lose some excitement. So, thank you for keeping things in perspective!

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
My first post (I have a M1 on order - production date "January 24"), but I felt compelled to respond. I appreciate this appreciation thread! It's somewhat exhausting reading through the negativity and I started to lose some excitement. So, thank you for keeping things in perspective!
Congratulations. The wait starts now!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So it was a beautiful, warm, Saturday evening, and I was out driving and everyone had their great cars out. There were plenty of more expensive cars and faster cars, but I just freaking love this Mach 1. It’s unique, has a presence that is undeniable, it sounds spectacular, yes there are definitely more prestigious cars, but I could not be more satisfied with this vehicle. People break their necks trying to figure out what that thing is that looks awesome and sounds amazing driving past. What a machine!

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Its still a Mustang. :giggle:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Its still a Mustang. :giggle:
What a dick comment man…
of course it’s a mustang, a really cool mustang similar to bullets , boss’s, and Shelby’s.
People never stop surprising me these days.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
WALL POST WARNING
How can you show your appreciation to a car in a few words anyway... so, let's start like this as it kind of explains a lot. :)

Now, the long story... I was born and raised in a place so little of you may have heard of, let alone know of, and I grew in the "Eastern Block" where people were taken in the police stations for wearing blue jeans in public. Guys with long hair were taken forcibly in the police and got their heads shaved there in public disgrace. Girls with short skirts were taken by police, skirts being torn and the girls got stamped on their knees with ink that wouldn't wash away for couple of weeks.
Back then listening in public to Queen, Deep Purple or Jimmy Hendrix would be considered a riot. So owning a western car would be something possible to just a few protected by the government, not only because it was quite impossible to get such a thing, let alone afford one, as nobody would be paid such crazy money to be able to buy a western car.

Back then my uncle was a captain and from time to time had the chance to travel to countries other than the former communist ones, so he had access to some "imperial propaganda and luxury".

He passed quite young, but he has brought some stuff from behind the iron curtain, and I remember that poster of a car never ever seen before. I couldn't get that poster but I still remember it in his garage facing his Lada, and there was that red car without a roof and there was this horse running on the front grille.

Years later, when internet became accessible in the early 90's, I figured out what that car eventually was. And I really got obsessed by the pony. I couldn't imagine buying and importing one from the US, and I was really disappointed that the mustang does not land in Europe. In 2014 all changed, and I kind of got really crazy about owning one.

I have tried several times buying one since 2014, and every single time something happened until just 3 weeks ago. To me the Mach 1 is really a dream come true in every single sense. In 2017 I had the chance to drive for a couple of days an automatic ecoboost and it just felt like most European cars with turbo, or just like any other ford, but badged with a pony. Then I had the chance to get into a V8 and take it for a spin, and this is where things became irreversible in favor of the V8.

Now driving around in the M1 I can't get that silly smile from my face. I don't care about any other car anymore, as if they don't exist. Sure there are so many faster, better equipped, more modern, more economic, more powerful, more whatever-you-name-it cars around, but they just don't stand out from the crowd. Every 3rd car around is a German make - BMW's, Audi's, VW's, Porsche's, whatever, and these are so many, that you can't tell the difference anymore. They look the same and sound the same (mostly). And then there's the FJG M1 and everybody looks at it. Kids take their phones out and take photos, they wave at you and make signs so that you step on the gas and make the beast growl.

The other day I was driving behind a yellow Lamborghini Urus, and guess what, kids and men(mostly men, not that many women), we turning and looking at the Mach 1, not the Urus. I come picking my son from school and drive slowly on the lane, and the kids are just like "Dude, OMG, Look at that car, OOooohh, its so sick..." and then I stop and my son jumps in saying "Drive, I'm getting too much attention lately. Next time stop somewhere further, please".

There are mustangs around, but the Mach 1 stands out. To the untrained eye, they can't tell the difference between GT500, GT350 and GT. But the mach 1, with those slots for fog lights is somehting different. Immediately people think "It's kind of not the same as the other ones. I don't know what it is, but it's different".

For me however things are quite different. I really find this car engaging to drive. It just requires all my attention, it needs to be treated carefully, because if you just push it harder it will jump up and do something crazy, like a true wild horse. There are no parking sensors - I don't care. There's no start-stop system - I don't care. There's no HUD projected on the front window - I don't care. There's no blind spot monitoring, rear crossing traffic warning, autopilot with distance monitoring - I don't care.
WHY?! Because I actually get to drive my car and not rely on a computer. I rely on myself and I love how it behaves and moves around. I love it's stiffness and how heavy it feels even in comfort steering mode. It's just so responsive, and so much demanding and engaging. And it pays back with excellent feedback, responsiveness and precision in cornering.
And the breaks?! OMG, I feel like I'm going to splash on the front window if I press them a tad harder.
Why did you opt for the manual? Because it requires your attention, it requires you to drive, to think, and to feel the car, not just press the pedal and turn the wheel.

So yeah, it is demanding, it is a gas-guzzler, but I love exactly that as it just brings the joy of driving. I can't wait taking it on a long trip around the mountains and spin on a winding road.

p.s. I warned you it's going to be a wall post, so sorry for that :)

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
@Rhyanski, while I guess I can (vaguely) relate to your experience as I was also living my childhood in the (back then) communist country (and was not a part of the privileged class), I can totally relate to your feelings about "maturing" for a Mustang, and in particular for Mach 1 đź‘Ť.

Happened to me once, I was stopping at a shopping mall by the highway to get some refreshment, and when I was returning to the car, I saw a small kid posing in front of her and having his dad taking pictures of him. There were like hundreds of cars around, some probably more fancy or more expensive, but the kid liked mine. Could not help myself and let him sit in just for the fun.

Some small boys must have some inner sense to recognize a true car and when they grow up, they cannot help it :wink:.
Sponsored