Mach 1 Appreciation Thread

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Wow. So much for keeping a low profile. I'm using the one from my 2015 (barely fits even without the HP) and am glad it is just grayish with no markings since our driveway is right on a major street. That one would be great when we get back into a house with a garage!
Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
One more thing that I have been wanting to throw out there:

The amount of time and money I want to spend on mods for the Mach is TINY compared to when I had the GT. I was constantly scouring the 6G classifieds, Ebay, Black Friday sales, etc looking for stuff.... tons of experimenting with exhaust, all kinds of suspension upgrades, a few sets of wheels, leather seat covers, Sync 3 conversion from the little 4" screen, CAI... on and on. There is nothing I feel the need to upgrade with this car except replacing the handling package wheels with the black Ford Performance PP2 wheels which will be done in a couple days. Love everything else about it. It might have cost more than a GT but I would have spent a ton more modding a GT.
:O

From HP wheels to PP2 wheels? Why?

Also, how!? :D

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
:O

From HP wheels to PP2 wheels? Why?

Also, how!? :D
This is not meant to be judgy towards everyone who has purchased or like their HP wheels, it is my personal taste that is definitely in the minority: I have disliked the design of the HP wheels from the moment I first saw them in pictures. Too busy and conflict with my OCD: I can't stand dirty wheels and the HP wheels would be nightmares to clean. Also, and this is really OCD, it makes my brain crazy seeing the inner Y-shapes spokes not being symmetrical with the center of the wheel. On top of that, I prefer more contrast between the wheel color and body color, so I didn't like the dark tarnish finish with the iconic silver paint.

The PP2 wheels, on the other hand, I loved from the first picture I saw of them in 2017/18. The design is just super cool IMO and will be much easier to keep clean. Ford Performance makes a satin black set that would be a better color contrast with the silver, and their widths and offsets are identical to the HP wheels except for a 4mm difference in the rear offset. Got the wheels and TPMS from Levittown for $1347 delivered. Have the fronts with 305/30 PS4S already, picking up the rears with 315/30 PS4S tomorrow at the dealer. Gonna kill me to sit on them till spring but if we get a decent sunny day here in the near future I may just put them on for a quick picture session. I do have a pic of the front rolled in front of the stock wheel.

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
This is not meant to be judgy towards everyone who has purchased or like their HP wheels, it is my personal taste that is definitely in the minority: I have disliked the design of the HP wheels from the moment I first saw them in pictures. Too busy and conflict with my OCD: I can't stand dirty wheels and the HP wheels would be nightmares to clean. Also, and this is really OCD, it makes my brain crazy seeing the inner Y-shapes spokes not being symmetrical with the center of the wheel. On top of that, I prefer more contrast between the wheel color and body color, so I didn't like the dark tarnish finish with the iconic silver paint.

The PP2 wheels, on the other hand, I loved from the first picture I saw of them in 2017/18. The design is just super cool IMO and will be much easier to keep clean. Ford Performance makes a satin black set that would be a better color contrast with the silver, and their widths and offsets are identical to the HP wheels except for a 4mm difference in the rear offset. Got the wheels and TPMS from Levittown for $1347 delivered. Have the fronts with 305/30 PS4S already, picking up the rears with 315/30 PS4S tomorrow at the dealer. Gonna kill me to sit on them till spring but if we get a decent sunny day here in the near future I may just put them on for a quick picture session. I do have a pic of the front rolled in front of the stock wheel.

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG
Can confirm……HP wheels are a nightmare to clean. With ceramic coating and washing after every drive it doesn’t take me too long but I would not be able to run these wheels with factory brake pads if this car was a daily.

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Looks sick. Can you share a picture from further out with the entire car? Actually haven't seen these wheels.

(By the way I actually thought you meant this. Cause these wheels are cool as hell.)
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 4.21.58 PM.png

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks sick. Can you share a picture from further out with the entire car? Actually haven't seen these wheels.

(By the way I actually thought you meant this. Cause these wheels are cool as hell.)
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 4.21.58 PM.png
Yeah once I get the rear PP2’s maybe I can install them just for pics Friday and then put the winter wheels right back on. And I can confirm the PP1 wheels in your post are also a nightmare to clean LOL!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 4.38.22 PM.png

So the PP2 wheels same as these ones above or slightly different. If not, I am so curious.
The design is pretty much the same but the widths and offsets of the PP2 wheels are almost identical to the HP wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the black PP2's mounted and installed for a couple pics... will post more in the First Mods thread.

IMG_4189.JPG

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Actually had a decent day today (45F and semi-sunny) and drove it all over the place. Holy crap what a fun car. Drove past two young guys loading a Bobcat onto a trailer at a construction site and watched them pick their jaws up off the road LOL. Now after having the car for a couple months, the usual reaction seems to be, wow, what the hell Is THAT??!!

Last edited:

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Actually had a decent day today (45F and semi-sunny) and drove it all over the place. Holy crap what a fun car. Drove past two young guys loading a Bobcat onto a trailer at a construction site and watched them pick their jaws up off the road LOL. Now after having the car for a couple months, the usual reaction seems to be, wow, what the hell Is THAT??!!
Great, isn't it! This car has gotten more looks, thumbs up, questions than anything I have ever owned. So much fun behind the wheel....

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I love this car. I daily mine on nice days and have taken it to TOTD as well as driving a similar AT at Mach 1 Track Attack. I will echo the sentiments about getting compliments everywhere I go in it. It is a regular hit at my local Cars and Coffee. The funny thing is that the only detractors I have ever heard are some other Mustang "enthusiasts" particularly heavy modders and GT350 owners who are usually scoffing at the price which they see as excessive because this one doesn't have the 5.2 (despite its issues). It has everything else and more including some better tech options and a few GT500-borrowed upgrades. The modders have usually made some hideous Frankenstein thing out of their cars-guess they hate a well-thought out "parts bin" car as they put it. I don't know why GT350 owners can't coexist with this car...lol. Not my problem though...I have never enjoyed driving a car as much as this one including my 2016 GT. 100% agree on this being one of the best Mustangs ever...a very balanced car that corrected shortcomings from earlier cars in the S550 generation.
Sponsored

Last edited: