Sponsored

Mach 1 alignment tips please

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Decided to bring my 2021 M1 to dealer for an alignment. Car has 2000 miles. NoN HP. Stock, street driven only.
Tracks straight until a few bumps come into play then it seems a little unsettled.
What numbers do I want to insist on? 0 toe?
It should be warranty if less than 12 months?
I called for apt and told service dept that I would like to be a little picky and that even if all green I d like side to side to be very close. I politely told him if I m asking too much just let me know. He said we ll put it up and see what we got.
Any other advise ? Thank you.
Sponsored

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
If you want a good alignment I would take it to a tuning shop not the dealer. But if itā€™s free Iā€™d see what they can do.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
FWIW, I've been driving on the factory alignment without any ill effects.

If you have not noticed before, the Mach 1 supplement (attached) offers alignment specs.

Being digital, and in the right hands, the dealer should be able to put the it right where desired. If they can't or give you a poor response, agree with earlier post: using the attached specs, seek out a tuner/suspesnsion shop.

It's my understanding we are all afforded an alignment check/adjustment, free, in the first six months of ownership.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
You want a hair toe-in all around. Something around 1/16 inch front, and a hair more in the rear. Factory alignment calls for zero front toe, and that eats the inside of the front tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so here what they gave me. Left front toe was RED and corrected. The "it s good enough" answer I was feeling. It was free, how s it look? Plus I don t have the HP, not sure the title on top means anything? Car drove fine on way home.
IMG_1059.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so I just notice if you look at the top of the printout, I don t have an HP first.
Then checking further my camber is set up for track. 1.03 is street for non HP.
call the dealer and he ll look into it. (he has a GT350 or 500).
They also told me if the toe is 0 I don t have to worry about inner tire wear with the aggressive camber. ???? I don t know, awaiting answer. anyone know?
Street car only.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
so I just notice if you look at the top of the printout, I don t have an HP first.
Then checking further my camber is set up for track. 1.03 is street for non HP.
call the dealer and he ll look into it. (he has a GT350 or 500).
They also told me if the toe is 0 I don t have to worry about inner tire wear with the aggressive camber. ???? I don t know, awaiting answer. anyone know?
Street car only.
Correct, what wear tires is mostly toe, not camber and 1.5 or so camber is still pretty mild

Last edited:

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Factory alignment calls for zero front toe, and that eats the inside of the front tires.
Does this statement have other assumptions attached to it because zero front toe definitely does not wear the inside of tires.
Speaking from personal experience and globally accepted practices for S550s that zero front toe is the best option to avoid tire wear.

Reactions: luc

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Does this statement have other assumptions attached to it because zero front toe definitely does not wear the inside of tires.
Speaking from personal experience and globally accepted practices for S550s that zero front toe is the best option to avoid tire wear.
The front tires toe-out due to road load, breaking and when turning. You need a hair toe in to stop the inside front tire wear.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The front tires toe-out due to road load, breaking and when turning. You need a hair toe in to stop the inside front tire wear.
I 100% disagree with that
With 0 toe there is no reason, assuming no play in steering/suspension, for the toe to change
Also, even assuming that you were right, you spend way more time driving straight without braking than turning or braking therefore you will get way more inside wear due to constant toe in than the occasional toe out
Also with anything beside 0 toe, under braking, simple physics would dictate that the braking load would tend to increase whatever toe setting that you have

Last edited:

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Road. Load.
Thatā€™s not a real answer. Explain the physical and mechanical reasons why road and load would make the tires go from 0 toe to out ?
Curious as your reasoning

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Road. Load.
I don't think folks understand that even if everything is rigid, there is still flex LOL....

OP, your car is fine. Could it be more perfect? Sure. But it's fine for daily driving. Also, those laser machines are far less accurate than what anyone could do with strings in their own garage if so inclined.