torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
For the money id rather have the GT350:-d

To each there own id take a M2 over a RS all day. That back fire shit sounds terrible in person.
+1
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Yes, and the GT350 would still walk away from the M2 on the straights no matter what tires were on the M2, but the two cars might be closer to equal in corners if the M2 had the PSS tires like the GT350.
They do have PSS on them, unless there is a shortage again and then they most likely have Conti's.

To each there own id take a M2 over a RS all day. That back fire shit sounds terrible in person.
Most likely plus 2. I would have to drive them, but I definitely would lean the M2.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I agree the RS is a lot cheaper than the M2 and they don't really compare/compete directly for that reason. The M2 is more a competitor to the GT350 as far as $$ go. I wonder whether the RS is similarly quick to an M2 on the track?

Interesting to hear that the RS exhaust doesn't sound good to you. I should try to get a test drive one of these days.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'd be willing to know if @firestarter has even both, as some of us have...
[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION], I believe an RS is pretty close to an M2, if not on par, with similar track times.

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Hopefully his student left and purchased a GT350 right after.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the RS is a lot cheaper than the M2 and they don't really compare/compete directly for that reason. The M2 is more a competitor to the GT350 as far as $$ go. I wonder whether the RS is similarly quick to an M2 on the track?

Interesting to hear that the RS exhaust doesn't sound good to you. I should try to get a test drive one of these days.
The 2.3L doesn't sound good at all. There's ways to make inline turbo 4's sound good, and what they did isn't it. I've heard multiple EB Mustangs in the wild with aftermarket systems, as well as stock, and stock is a lot better because it's quiet. The aftermarket exhaust cars sound like a buzzing insect. The RS does not sound signficantly different from what I can tell. V6 > EB lol

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The 2.3L doesn't sound good at all. There's ways to make inline turbo 4's sound good, and what they did isn't it. I've heard multiple EB Mustangs in the wild with aftermarket systems, as well as stock, and stock is a lot better because it's quiet. The aftermarket exhaust cars sound like a buzzing insect. The RS does not sound signficantly different from what I can tell. V6 > EB lol
The shit exhaust sound on my EB was the last reason I needed to buy a GT350

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If you guys hope to compare a RS exhaust to an ECB Mustang, you're actually comparing apples to oranges.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
I know it can vary a bit from one car to another but the M2 instructor seemed to be turning in early....

GT350 seemed to come on on apexes later and get out on a better line.. M2 seemed to be into a lot of turns too early.

An error I am all too familiar with from my time on track with a karting school.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you guys hope to compare a RS exhaust to an ECB Mustang, you're actually comparing apples to oranges.
Heard both in person and video. They're pretty similar sounding and neither good. The stock EB exhaust takes away some of the slightly deeper tone of the RS, but they're essentially the same. Buzzing insects.

The MAP big turbo car and some others similarly built sound good, similar to a decent sounding Evo. Seems like stock turbo and headifold design kill it.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'd be willing to know if @firestarter has even both, as some of us have...
[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION], I believe an RS is pretty close to an M2, if not on par, with similar track times.
Not sure why you'd question that but I had a deposit on M2 at my local dealer who has one in the showroom. There is a RS at my autoX. Im not saying the M2 sounds better I am just saying the RS sounds terrible.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Holy crap! GT350 driving had some of the worst lines you can have and still made mincemeat out of the M2.
For about the first 1.30. After that he seemed to get a clue.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure why you'd question that but I had a deposit on M2 at my local dealer who has one in the showroom. There is a RS at my autoX. Im not saying the M2 sounds better I am just saying the RS sounds terrible.
Yep, sounds like a weedwhacker on crack. THere is only so much you can do to improve a high hp turbo 4 exhaust note. They just sound like bumble bees farting into a kazoo.
Sponsored