Sponsored

Lund Tune questions (93 and e85)

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I'm happy with the lund tune. I run flex most of the time, which is seamless. Sometimes I run the E85R tune, which requires you double check the E85 quality. I've only had one tank come in below E85, and that was at a different station than I normally use.

Regarding the cost savings... meh. You need to fill up much more often. I only get 8.8 mixed mpg with E85. The car feels awesome, so I'm okay with the crap mileage -- but my time is worth more than the cost savings.
Sponsored

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
I'm happy with the lund tune. I run flex most of the time, which is seamless. Sometimes I run the E85R tune, which requires you double check the E85 quality. I've only had one tank come in below E85, and that was at a different station than I normally use.

Regarding the cost savings... meh. You need to fill up much more often. I only get 8.8 mixed mpg with E85. The car feels awesome, so I'm okay with the crap mileage -- but my time is worth more than the cost savings.
I average 14 mpg on flex tube from Lund and running E85 in the tank. I’m 19 range with 93. To the guy earlier, bigger injectors give you zero hp gain. They are only needed if your factory ones don’t have the headroom. The factory ones are fine with E85 and factory pump. Lund tune is good for about 30 hp gain on E85 with their straight tune.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I average 14 mpg on flex tube from Lund and running E85 in the tank. I’m 19 range with 93. To the guy earlier, bigger injectors give you zero hp gain. They are only needed if your factory ones don’t have the headroom. The factory ones are fine with E85 and factory pump. Lund tune is good for about 30 hp gain on E85 with their straight tune.
That drop sounds about right. I was running around 11mpg on 93 - but I have a heavy right foot. Every car I have ever owned get crappy mileage!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, just chatted with AFD about their Commander unit, their Father's Day 20% coupon code is now live: "treatyourself" . Knocks it down to $720 + shipping. For me, if I buy it here in CA, it'll be $735 with Priority Mail. Anyway, much better price than Summit. Just passing along for anyone thinking of doing it. I am still on the fence. Price good through 6/17.

https://www.advancedfueldynamics.com

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Kinda off topic but here in the northeast E85 is like a HOT BLIND DATE. Not an EZ find. But what are you guys paying a gallon of the E85. I have 1 just 1 station 15 min from my house that said $6 a gallon because it's as close to race fuel quality as you can get... I'm calling BS on this....?

Sponsored

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Holy $hit...... I knew it's so not available here in Jersey

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
E85 is 2.19$ in S. FL. It's been going down. It was a 1.99$ for the longest time for the petro hiked up. I'm lucky...I have a station 3 blocks away on the main street from my house, and a BP one about 5 blocks in the other direction.

Now B.O. Betty can take the corn too :rockon: (My 5.0 F150)

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Warranty wise I’m not sure if it will void your warranty or not. I guess it would be up to the dealer and what they find. I haven’t been big on warranty’s because dealers will find every little reason they can not to honor them. .
ive been honest with them in that i had my front bumper off the car to install my tow hook and they still honored the bumper to bumper when my A/C quit working.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
ive been honest with them in that i had my front bumper off the car to install my tow hook and they still honored the bumper to bumper when my A/C quit working.
I haven’t had great luck with warranty’s. They say they will do whatever they can to make sure the warranty will cover whatever. I bought my car used. Buying a car used you take the risk of not knowing what was done to it prior. The car I bought had a great car fax on it with service records and it was low miles. 7500 miles on a 2 year old car. Well I started getting this rubbing sound in the driver side rear wheel. I took it up to my local dealer and it ended up being the emergency brake shoe rubbing against the inside of the rotor due to a pin that was worn. The dealer told me that it wasn’t covered under warranty due to the pin was after market. Someone changed the pin. I thought to myself why would someone have changed that pin with only 7400 miles or less and put an aftermarket pin on the car when it was under warranty. Keep in mind the car has a great car fax with great history of maintenance. But the guy said they could fix it for like $50 by just reinstalling it. I was like ok. Well less than a week later me and some friends were going to our local cars and Coffee and I heard something pop while going down the highway. I get to Cars and Coffee and notice metal shavings on my rim. I called the same dealer and they said to bring it in that Monday which was Memorial Day. They took my car apart and found what they fixed failed. The clip that the pin was held on by came off and was rubbing against my rotor which caused the medal shavings. I had to leave my car up there because they didn’t have the parts. The parts and labor on 2nd trip were $195. Something I could’ve done for $30. Only reason I left it there is because I didn’t want my rotor destroyed anymore. The whole reason I’m telling you this is because the dealer will find any excuse not to fix something under warranty. The only reason your air was fixed is because removing the front bumper doesn’t have anything to do with the air. They have to prove that the issue was caused by the aftermarket part. In my case the pin did look different than the stock one. I think because it was worn from rubbing. I guess you live and learn.

Sponsored

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is the exact reason I do not want to bring my car to the dealership for any reason what-so-ever. Sorry to here about your experience. Dealership are no good very hard to find one that is up to par.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Just a question for those running Ngauge flex setups, with external content sensors.

I understand that the content sensor in the fuel line will give you a more accurate reading than the PCM's flex logic, BUT thats all it is for correct? Even if you feed the sensor signal into your Ngauge, it is there only for viewing, its not actually an input into the PCM's closed loop operation?

I think some people on this thread have a misconception on how their content sensors work with their Ngauges. Unless I am off base here, and Ford PCM allows for additional inputs. I thought this was only available for standalone fuel management systems, or factory pcms that already have an input for a content sensor like the GM cars.

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Just a question for those running Ngauge flex setups, with external content sensors.

I understand that the content sensor in the fuel line will give you a more accurate reading than the PCM's flex logic, BUT thats all it is for correct? Even if you feed the sensor signal into your Ngauge, it is there only for viewing, its not actually an input into the PCM's closed loop operation?

I think some people on this thread have a misconception on how their content sensors work with their Ngauges. Unless I am off base here, and Ford PCM allows for additional inputs. I thought this was only available for standalone fuel management systems, or factory pcms that already have an input for a content sensor like the GM cars.
it is my understanding that the external ethanol content sensor is just for the user to see what their content is.

ford uses different logic to determine ethanol content (arguably better than a sensor that can be fooled )

reference the latest alejandro flores video on youtube regarding ngauge and the display.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
OK thanks for confirming, I am process of setting up the AFD ProFlex system, but will be running a conventional flex tune once i go FI and keeping the AFD system ONLY for the content reading via bluetooth. They say you can run it with FI (assuming you have supporting fuel mods), but that far out of OEM spec and 800whp+, i feel your PCM knowing exactly what your injectors are doing at all times is a good thing.

If there was someway to get an external content input into the Ford PCM, logically that is the best way to do flex fuel. Yes it can be tricked, but its error under normal operating conditions is smaller than the flex logic. Also, at 800-900whp, do you want to ride the line of knock to find out if you can push timing. It makes sense for a f150, but at the limits on a high compression motor IMHO it seems risky.