Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
Hi - what sensor are you running, and do you recommend it?
I am running one from innovate motorsports. I mounted it inline. Where the factory flexible line connects to the factory hard line going to the injectors. I made up connections using Fragola fittings and fuel line. They make adapters to go from the OEM fuel line connection to AN style fittings used for the added line section. I can return to stock setup just by unplugging the sensor and adapter.

upload_2019-4-6_22-17-13.jpeg

Leadfoot350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Slightly off the Lund topic but what’s the best deals people have found for an Ngauge?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Does not void any warranty but can be used to deny a warranty claim.
Just so that everyone is accurately informed. If you modify any engine parameters to other than OEM it will most definitely void your warranty. The only way they will know is if you tell them or you have an engine related issue and they scan the computer. Then you will be paying the bill and flagged in Ford's system for voided power train warranty. I not even going to bother to post references as they are on many a forum regarding tunes and GT350's or any mustang for that matter. I personally know of one voided warranty for a tune.

Tune at your own risk.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Just so that everyone is accurately informed. If you modify any engine parameters to other than OEM it will most definitely void your warranty. The only way they will know is if you tell them or you have an engine related issue and they scan the computer. Then you will be paying the bill and flagged in Ford's system for voided power train warranty. I not even going to bother to post references as they are on many a forum regarding tunes and GT350's or any mustang for that matter. I personally know of one voided warranty for a tune.

Tune at your own risk.
I'm not familiar with this flagging system that voids an entire power train warranty. However I do know they can deny your warranty claim.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I am familiar and have seen it with my own eyes in on the screen. The warranty was later changed to only cancellation of the powertrain. Lets make sure when we put information out it is correct and not heresay. This guy had a lund tune previous to the failure. The failure did not happen while the car was tuned. If your engine fails and you had or have a tune be ready to eat 25k! they will cancel your warranty and flag you. No dealer is going to eat the cost of an engine and replacement.
I'm not familiar with this flagging system that voids an entire power train warranty. However I do know they can deny your warranty claim.
20190410_142822.jpg

Last edited:

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I am running one from innovate motorsports. I mounted it inline. Where the factory flexible line connects to the factory hard line going to the injectors. I made up connections using Fragola fittings and fuel line. They make adapters to go from the OEM fuel line connection to AN style fittings used for the added line section. I can return to stock setup just by unplugging the sensor and adapter.
upload_2019-4-6_22-17-13.jpeg
What are you using for a fuel content analyzer? Did you buy the whole kit and stash the Innovate gauge somewhere? The ngauge has an analog 0-5V input and the sensor itself does not output this as I understand it.

I am eyeballing something like this. A little pricier but it comes with everything - connections/hose included. https://www.fuel-it.com/ford-mustang-5-0-flex-fuel-kits/

911-AL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R and other interesting BMWs and Porsches
I am familiar and have seen it with my own eyes in on the screen. The warranty was later changed to only cancellation of the powertrain. Lets make sure when we put information out it is correct and not heresay. This guy had a lund tune previous to the failure. The failure did not happen while the car was tuned. If your engine fails and you had or have a tune be ready to eat 25k! they will cancel your warranty and flag you. No dealer is going to eat the cost of an engine and replacement.
20190410_142822.jpg
I'm currently shopping GT350's a lot of which have or had the Lund tune. Say if the car had 1500 miles, you tune it, add 1000 miles, flash to stock and keep it that way. Then the engine hypothetically fails at 10k. Would they be able to detect that it was tuned for that 1000 mile period in the past?

Al

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently shopping GT350's a lot of which have or had the Lund tune. Say if the car had 1500 miles, you tune it, add 1000 miles, flash to stock and keep it that way. Then the engine hypothetically fails at 10k. Would they be able to detect that it was tuned for that 1000 mile period in the past?

Al
Yes. Absolutely.They will not be able to see what exactly was done but they can see the write to memory. Unless you have back up ecu or other engine controller they will know.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yes. Absolutely.They will not be able to see what exactly was done but they can see the write to memory. Unless you have back up ecu or other engine controller they will know.
So how can they tell if YOU had flashed the car, then restored it to stock when trading it in, vs the 2nd owner haveing had a tune? My understanding is flashing resets the Key Turns flags to 0. That is how they can tell it was flashed. How do they know if current owner did that vs the previous owner? It's not like you could know when buying a used car that the previous owner had flashed it, then returned it to stock. ONly for you to take it in 500 miles later and find your warranty flagged.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
So how can they tell if YOU had flashed the car, then restored it to stock when trading it in, vs the 2nd owner haveing had a tune? My understanding is flashing resets the Key Turns flags to 0. That is how they can tell it was flashed. How do they know if current owner did that vs the previous owner? It's not like you could know when buying a used car that the previous owner had flashed it, then returned it to stock. ONly for you to take it in 500 miles later and find your warranty flagged.
I already answered the question. It makes a permanent write to the ecu when parameters where changed from tune to OEM and vice versa. The image I posted is of am owner that had the tune removed. Many miles later and several track events the engine gailed. Ford looks at the ECU data. Ford told the dealer the car had been tuned previously. Warranty denied. Not becuase he had a tune. The tune was not indtainst and hadn't been for some time or during the failure. You all do as you wish. I am just trying to I form those of the almost certain possibility your power train warranty will be denied due to a tune wether installed now or in the past.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Ah I didnt see that was of a 2nd ower. That seems like something Ford should require checking if they are the reseller and tell the possible buyer.

I already answered the question. It makes a permanent write to the ecu when parameters where changed from tune to OEM and vice versa. The image I posted is of am owner that had the tune removed. Many miles later and several track events the engine gailed. Ford looks at the ECU data. Ford told the dealer the car had been tuned previously. Warranty denied. Not becuase he had a tune. The tune was not indtainst and hadn't been for some time or during the failure. You all do as you wish. I am just trying to I form those of the almost certain possibility your power train warranty will be denied due to a tune weather installed now or in the past.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Ah I didnt see that was of a 2nd ower. That seems like something Ford should require checking if they are the reseller and tell the possible buyer.
I would say this, if you buy the car used from a Ford dealer as a certified car you will most likely be covered. Buy from private owner better have done your due diligence.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Made the swap to E85 this morning. It was kind of strange sitting at the gas pump for 20 minutes while I swapped the tune, filled the tank, and then idled forever.

The gas quality looks decent! The log took forever to adjust, and finally decided on 71.8% alcohol - probably close considering the residual 93 in the tank.

IMG_3660.jpg
Sponsored