karpetcm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium A6, 2013 Mercedes E63 AMG, 2007 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
So i finally get the courage to say F it let me go as empty as i can so i had 13 miles left i filled up and i checked content level it was between e80-e85% i drove another few miles go back fill up another gallon just to make sure ofcourse tune loaded right before fill up and after a few miles i go to floor it and all hell breaks loose. Rev limiter cuts off at 5k and the maintenance light turns on and the car is sputtering bad air fuel on the speedo reads between 8.4 to 18's. Not sure what happened drove perfect with the vmp 91 tune zero issues. It also had a tough time starting up each time first couple of seconds idle was rough like it was gonna stall. Anyone experienced these issues i figured, reputable tuner, check E content, make sure tank is all E85 before flooring it and it should go well but the exact opposite.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I don’t think you had all the gasoline out yet. STFT’s probably pegged over 25%. Just a guess. Does it start and Idle now?

OP
OP
karpetcm

karpetcm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think you had all the gasoline out yet. STFT’s probably pegged over 25%. Just a guess. Does it start and Idle now?
I have to try it in the morning and see. Service engine light did not turn on suprisingly just maintenance light as bad as it was. Hopefully the rough start goes away and then this weird miss fires and sputters during acceleration. It is fine now i restarted the car i havent revved it past 3500rpms but seems to be fine. Ill check the start issue tomorrow

OP
OP
karpetcm

karpetcm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
could it be when it said 13 miles to empty I still had atleast 2 gallons of 91 octane and when i filled up about 14.8 gallons till it clicked. I drove it for about 10 miles and went back again and filled it up again with another gallon of E85 I tried to stuff as much of E85 in there I can.

Sponsored

OP
OP
karpetcm

karpetcm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Something doesn’t right to me. Do you have the ability to data log it?
i did i sent it to her she says i have too much regular gas im like how is that possible i dont know, i had issues with her in the beginning as well with my 91 tune just a pain. She sent me the wrong tune initially and then the 2nd tune was hitting the rev limiter around 6500rpms from 2nd to 3rd gear. Im just gonna run this tank dry again and fill it up with E85 again after testing it and if it still does it ill hit her up again. It's just my luck with modding cars im sure most will say they have never had issues. Is what it is I'll keep trying.
Sponsored

Last edited: