Sponsored

Who is running e85 from Lund?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I ran it on my 16 GT with Shelby Manifold and it was a fantastic tune and very fast. It was probably little faster than the Shelby.
What are you guys getting power numbers from just a flex fuel tune ?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I run the tune, but I do not have "just" the tune. With my headers and O/R mid pipe I made 525 on a very hot and humid august day here in S.FL.

Tune is spot on and the car runs great with it. Zero complaints.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yeah most likely my next mod. First i have to buy a pcm so i can keep my original if it needs to go in for warranty work.

Also, What is your redline set to?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah most likely my next mod. First i have to buy a pcm so i can keep my original if it needs to go in for warranty work.

I run the Nguage on a window mount full time. Very useful. I have my redline at 8000.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That sounds expensive. (Although not as expensive as a new motor.) How hard is it to swap out the PCM?

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor

Good Luck I already tried this here is what LUND told me.

Les- The only way Ford can deny warranty service is if they can prove said aftermarket part caused a failure to the part you're trying to warranty. We do not provide any warranty. Our tuning is considered off-road and all of the liability is on you as the customer.

You need to use the PCM in your car now . You cannot just swap them out like that . I don't think that is going to work . Ford has to program it too. They can tell when a tune is on the car ever too. Its not really a big deal though I don't feel. We tune nearly 800 cars a month. So many folks are doing it. I dont ever take my car to Ford personally. I do it all myself

You either need to wing it and get a tune or wait until Warranty

www.LundRacing.com

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have the autel elite that can program any car. The pcm is $270. I dont see how it won't work if you change the pcm and reprogram it. It will be the same as the original pcm but with a different serial number. If I ever need to go for warranty work I just pop the original back in.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Only thing that I need to find out is if the flash process will also effect the BCM ( body control module) if it does, than that also needs to be replaced and programmed.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh I see. you want to use another PCM to program and keep the stock one stock for warranty when needed. Well I guess it could work, if you just "tune" the car.

I have a decent enough relationship with my dealer that I have not ran into issues if I need the car worked on...(rarely) They did look at my 720+ Gt500 for the shift issue.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's my understanding from the 11-14 cars that the PCM counts the key cycles.

Any time it's reflashed it resets the cycles, if they plug into the car and it shows a small number then they may pursue further investigation.

From what I remember, there is more to it than just marrying to the BCM, there are a few different computers that need to talk to each other.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I had warranty work done on my 2011 car with CLEARLY visible bolt on modifications including illegal ones (long tube headers and clearly non Ford cats. Yes, ALL long tube header systems are considered off road only on a FEDERAL level regardless if your area does emissions or not. All that's stating is the municipality doesn't perform inspection, not the legality of your Smog Certified vehicle...that is no longer smog legal).

Interestingly enough, I had a friend who just lost the motor on his 2014 CTS 2.0. It was tuned. They replaced his motor and didn't even bat an eye. But he didn't make a stink of anything either. It was "hey, I have misfire CEL's. What the deuce?" And things went from there. I don't even think they checked the PCM. If you look online though, a lot of Caddy CTS 2.0's have popped completely factory too. I think he had bad piston rings which caused excessive oiling. They found oil in 2 spark plugs and scored cylinder walls.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

If you are taking the car to a dealer for an engine-related warranty repair the tech will want to see the codes and freeze-frame data. If you bring the car to them with a swapped PCM they will have little relevant information with which to make an accurate diagnosis. If you go in with a blown engine and the PCM shows less than the indicated mileage or run time they will know you swapped it.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have the ability in the autel scan tool to change the milage on the pcm to match it with the cluster.

It is a risk I have to take I guess. But so many computers and other things involved that if ford want to find out they will. Plus our motors are somewhere close to 20k so for sure they will investigate.

I think is time to buy donuts for the service department every sat.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
It's my understanding from the 11-14 cars that the PCM counts the key cycles.

Any time it's reflashed it resets the cycles, if they plug into the car and it shows a small number then they may pursue further investigation.

From what I remember, there is more to it than just marrying to the BCM, there are a few different computers that need to talk to each other.

Correct and modules also store mileage and time and date stamps as well! I was thinking of doing the same thing but have since found out it is not worth the risk. Plus I run 100 octane now only in it since its my weekend toy now and the difference is noticeable.

I also think NIZ should get a award for doing the most too his Shelby in she shortest amount of time! He is certainly setting the bar high!
Now if we could just get him to step away from the spray cans! LOL

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think is time to buy donuts for the service department every sat.

I did that the time I took my 2011 in for the early MT-82 issues, but it was honestly because I'm a tech as well and I wanted them to know I appreciated them taking care of my car as I do for my customers. I ended up with a brand new trans despite having full exhaust/tune/full suspension and even a little evidence of burned rubber in the wheel wells.
Sponsored