OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Correct and modules also store mileage and time and date stamps as well! I was thinking of doing the same thing but have since found out it is not worth the risk. Plus I run 100 octane now only in it since its my weekend toy now and the difference is noticeable.

I also think NIZ should get a award for doing the most too his Shelby in she shortest amount of time! He is certainly setting the bar high!
Now if we could just get him to step away from the spray cans! LOL

Spray cans will always be with me. I even paint my new bolts for the parts that I am installing.
IMG_20180817_145827-1280x960.jpg
Sponsored

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I run the tune, but I do not have "just" the tune. With my headers and O/R mid pipe I made 525 on a very hot and humid august day here in S.FL.

Tune is spot on and the car runs great with it. Zero complaints.
525 to the wheels is damn good for staying N/A IMO. Which headers did you go with? I'm about to pull the trigger on these exact same mods after I hit the 36 mos. mark next month. I'm getting excited all over again. The headers, mid pipe, and tune should keep those damn Miata's in my mirror at the track. LOL

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
525 to the wheels is damn good for staying N/A IMO. Which headers did you go with? I'm about to pull the trigger on these exact same mods after I hit the 36 mos. mark next month. I'm getting excited all over again. The headers, mid pipe, and tune should keep those damn Miata's in my mirror at the track. LOL
Powertrain warranty is 5/60, no?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I went with the Kooks headers and O/R mid pipe. I kept the OEM mufflers for the active switch on and off.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Buying an "emergency pcm" borders on the bizarre. I have been running the Lund flex tune since shortly after it became available. It does EXACTLY what is claimed. I have yet to see a single failure reported attributable to the tune. Given the fact that detonation is eliminated as a potential cause of failure it is probably safer than the stock tune.

Sponsored

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
Buying an "emergency pcm" borders on the bizarre. I have been running the Lund flex tune since shortly after it became available. It does EXACTLY what is claimed. I have yet to see a single failure reported attributable to the tune. Given the fact that detonation is eliminated as a potential cause of failure it is probably safer than the stock tune.
I’ve been Lund tuned for E85 since March of this year. Thousands of miles later and multiple track days without issue. Rock solid tunes. No issues at all. I run the flex tune for transition out of 93 octane and into E85 when I have a blend. Once I’m clear of the 93 I switch over to the E85R tune which is more aggressive but needs to be at 80% E85 or better. I installed a ethanol sensor inline to monitor Ethanol percentage and that gets fed back to the ngauge.
473F9FF1-9B63-4E1E-A3C7-6A1E80D7DD6A.jpeg

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
can the stock 350 run on E85?
The stock tune doesn’t handle it since ford didn’t include flexlogic by default. Lund uses the flexlogic from the F150 and incorporates it into the mustangs.

Warl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 2017 GT/CS (Current) 2018 GT350
I'm using a different tuner for E85. Is it common to have a delayed ignition when trying to start up on a cold start?

Sponsored

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
I'm using a different tuner for E85. Is it common to have a delayed ignition when trying to start up on a cold start?
Yes, E85 is known for rougher cold starts.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Alcohols are less volatile than gasoline, hence more difficult to ignite in a cold combustion chamber. I have found that up to about e50 the engine starts immediately. On a NA engine it isn't necessary to run 80+ ethanol to gain all the benefits, assuming you're running a flex tune and not a dedicated e85 tune. Whose tune are you running?

Warl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alcohols are less volatile than gasoline, hence more difficult to ignite in a cold combustion chamber. I have found that up to about e50 the engine starts immediately. On a NA engine it isn't necessary to run 80+ ethanol to gain all the benefits, assuming you're running a flex tune and not a dedicated e85 tune. Whose tune are you running?
The tune is for dedicated E85.

Yeah I've figured as much on the temperature. I only ask because I've heard of parameters that can be adjusted fron the tuner to accommodate that and help with the start up.

Currently I am using Kesatie Motorsports. I have a diablosport tuner from previous vehicles so I didn't want to spend money on another tuner and kesatie was the one that was recommended. She runs great otherwise.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The tune is for dedicated E85.

Yeah I've figured as much on the temperature. I only ask because I've heard of parameters that can be adjusted fron the tuner to accommodate that and help with the start up.

Currently I am using Kesatie Motorsports. I have a diablosport tuner from previous vehicles so I didn't want to spend money on another tuner and kesatie was the one that was recommended. She runs great otherwise.
There is no way to tune around the fact that ethanol does not vaporize as easily as gasoline. I would think a straight E85 tune would limit your mobility. In many places it's hard to come by.And if you're using commercial gas station E85 the actual ethanol content varies depending on season. The Shell station where I get mine has a label on the pump indicating it is between 54 and 82%.

Warl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no way to tune around the fact that ethanol does not vaporize as easily as gasoline. I would think a straight E85 tune would limit your mobility. In many places it's hard to come by.And if you're using commercial gas station E85 the actual ethanol content varies depending on season. The Shell station where I get mine has a label on the pump indicating it is between 54 and 82%.
Yeah no doubt it's not completely pure. I'd need to run a sample to know the exact percentage from Sunoco.

I only drive about 40 miles or less a day during the week and the gas station is down the road from my work and 15 miles from home so no biggie. If I rarely if ever travel then I run her low and have either the 93 tune to change back to or back to stock.
Sponsored