Sponsored

Lund Tune on A10 Mach

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been researching tuners the last few months. Calling them directly or messaging questions.
I’ve learned a lot about E85 and although it’s best for power gains, that’s not really my main concern as I think the Mach is plenty powerful already.
It’s the downshifting jerkyness of the A10, and really the overall behavior that really can either make my drive enjoyable or really annoying depending on its mood!
So, From all the videos I’ve watched and conversations I’ve had with tuners, Lund seems to be the most honest and has the best reputation for a great 93 octane A10 tune.
Is it worth the $800 and messing with warranty?
Im at 8600 miles in, 14 mos old and it hasn’t had any issues.. knock on wood…
What do you guys think, is a Lund tune a huge improvement on the trans shifting?
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
So I’ve been researching tuners the last few months. Calling them directly or messaging questions.
I’ve learned a lot about E85 and although it’s best for power gains, that’s not really my main concern as I think the Mach is plenty powerful already.
It’s the downshifting jerkyness of the A10, and really the overall behavior that really can either make my drive enjoyable or really annoying depending on its mood!
So, From all the videos I’ve watched and conversations I’ve had with tuners, Lund seems to be the most honest and has the best reputation for a great 93 octane A10 tune.
What do you guys think, is a Lund tune a huge improvement on the trans shifting?
Can you replace the motor cost if something happened? Have you talked to Wengerd tuning? I have a few buddies that had Lund and PBD tunes that switched to Wengerd because of drivability issues

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Can you replace the motor cost if something happened? Have you talked to Wengerd tuning? I have a few buddies that had Lund and PBD tunes that switched to Wengerd because of drivability issues
I had a Steeda tune on my 15gt for 40k miles no issues. I don’t think I need to think engine replacement, geez man! Lol
Wengerd guy I messaged with would not talk to me on the phone and answers to my questions on email were horrible, really vague and dismissive. I will not work with them after that experience.
Beefcake and Lethal sales guys are also highly incompetent When you ask any questions. They will also just give you false info when they don’t know.
Lund guy was totally cool and real. Sold me!

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
PBD is definitely an option but Lund seems to be better rep on A10 from everything I’ve read and watched.

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund definitely had solid customer service and emailed back promptly. I’ve had a few tunes through Lund and haven’t even bothered going with anyone else. I even inherited my nGuage when I bought my car at the dealer and there was no issue getting a new tune for it with them either when I did my bolt-ons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for anyones experience with the A10. What does a good tune change, improve with the shifting?

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune

If you do decide to go with a tune, please report back on how it has changed the downshifts.

I personally have been looking into the Ford Performance Ecoboost calibration tune to help out with my downshifting issues and to retain some of my warranty.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
1) Lund is Bipolar. If you have anything that's common or a widely used combination they're great. They're also great if you're a race team or part of the upper echelons of motorsport. For anything in between, they won't speak to you on the phone, so if you have something that can be communicated and translated via email, they're rock solid for the number of vehicles they've successfully tuned. Anything one off or custom, i'd say go PBD, at least they'll speak to you on the phone.

2) You're taking a big risk tuning a warranty vehicle. If you can do the time, then do the crime, but if the motor or anything related to the power train shits tomorrow, even if it's not the tune that causes it, it's a complete spin o wheel on whether the dealer you choose will try to deny based off an aftermarket tune. Yes, they can tell, even if you return it to stock. They just run a log of the number of start cycles and if it doesn't wash with the mileage, (some even try it if the filter looks too new for the mileage).

3) Big tuners come with pro's and cons. First, you get all the muscle and knowledge of someone who's seen thousands of cars. That's great in many ways. Chances are, whatever problem you might have, they've either seen it before or know exactly what's happening. That also cuts the other way, if something is going on, because they've dealt with a million idiots, they assume everyone is an idiot. Don't be shocked if the default answer is something is wrong with your car (mechanically) and that's not the case. You'll spend days and weeks going through hoops just to get them to accept what you told them from the get. Because they'll assume you're a moron. Big tune houses are also a target for the EPA. So don't expect them to do anything related to anything the EPA can now fine them for, including CATs or rear 02s. Remember, every big name tuner started off as a small time tuner. They gradually transition from bedside manner with each individual patient to being more like a cable company call center. Why? Because they can and if you don't like it, there's a dozen other people waiting behind you who will. That's fine if you have a sprained ankle or a head cold. Not so good if you have some sorta obscure condition or multiple maladies.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
It's a shame that Ford doesn't have one of their performance packages for your car. I have heard great things about the improvements to the 10R80 from the transmission tuning.

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a LUND tune with a A10 on my '22 and compared to Ford's tuning for the trans its way better. You still get some jerkiness but its just the nature of that trans and having so many gears in it. But it is smoother, it doesn't try to shift into 10th going 4X or 5X mph anymore, but occasionally it will lug the engine when down shifting from 70-80 mph to 4X-5X mph in traffic, but I just bump the paddle 2-3 gears down to put the engine back into a better rpm range. Overall I do like the tunes shift commands better than Ford's and I'm not concerned with the warranty BS, if it breaks and Ford denies it then it just gives me a reason to build the shortblock better.

As far as customer service goes, yeah you can only email them but that isn't a problem because I was going back and forth daily with them when tuning my car, if they had to call and talk to everyone then it would've taken weeks to sort out a basic 93 perf tune on my car. We had some issues getting the right things in place so the car can data log everything they needed to see and that could've been on me more than them but once we got it sorted 2 revisions later the car was done. They were patient with me because I'm use to dropping my car off at a shop and swiping the card when it's ready vs having to do a remote tune. But the tuner was patient like I said and when I asked specific questions he responded back with as much information as needed for my liking.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had a Steeda tune on my 15gt for 40k miles no issues. I don’t think I need to think engine replacement, geez man! Lol
Wengerd guy I messaged with would not talk to me on the phone and answers to my questions on email were horrible, really vague and dismissive. I will not work with them after that experience.
Beefcake and Lethal sales guys are also highly incompetent When you ask any questions. They will also just give you false info when they don’t know.
Lund guy was totally cool and real. Sold me!
Steeda is working on a Mach1 tune, why not wait and see how that comes out?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Does Wengerd offer free engine replacements? I've had zero drivability issues with Lund, both NA and boosted.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Does Lund?
That was in reply to the post I quoted. I was wondering why Wengerd was mentioned right after asking if he could afford a replacement engine. "Can you replace the motor cost if something happened? Have you talked to Wengerd tuning?" As if Wengerd will replace it free.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It's a shame that Ford doesn't have one of their performance packages for your car. I have heard great things about the improvements to the 10R80 from the transmission tuning.
I wish they had one too but when I called they said it already has a Ford Performance tune
Sponsored