monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,
I'm going tune direction and wanted to ask some opinions, likes and dislikes.. I dont have E85 available, so it would be a reg tune w a CAI..
The consensus shows these are 2 top dogs via tuning. Who do you think is better? Price diff? Customer service etc? Etc...

Thanks. Anthony
Sponsored

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
I plan on tuning soon here myself. From the research I've done, you'll be splitting hairs as far as tune quality goes.

For the sake of saving some greenbacks at no cost to reliability or performance, PBD makes more sense to me, and that's the route I'll be taking.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Both have great tunes. Pbd might save you some money but I hear bad things about their customer service. Pick what's more important to you. I've had multiple tuning sessions through Lund. Dakota is my tuner there and everything has been spot on. Car has always ran strong and his customer service is awesome. All that being said there aren't a lot of gains to be had from a tune plus cai with out other mods or e85. If your an auto I hear the Trans tuning Is good though. Just something to think about.

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
Both have great tunes. Pbd might save you some money but I hear bad things about their customer service. Pick what's more important to you. I've had multiple tuning sessions through Lund. Dakota is my tuner there and everything has been spot on. Car has always ran strong and his customer service is awesome. All that being said there aren't a lot of gains to be had from a tune plus cai with out other mods or e85. If your an auto I hear the Trans tuning Is good though. Just something to think about.

I've heard bad things about Lund too. No company is perfect. My experience when I contacted PBD and had some questions for them was great. They were fast and gave me exactly the information I was looking for. Hard to complain about that.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If you are just doing tune with cai, why not ford performance tune?
Because that tune sucks and is a waste of money leaving performance on the table unlike the other tuners who make it run much better and efficient without being unsafe. The warranty queens will say otherwise though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi guys,
I'm going tune direction and wanted to ask some opinions, likes and dislikes.. I dont have E85 available, so it would be a reg tune w a CAI..
The consensus shows these are 2 top dogs via tuning. Who do you think is better? Price diff? Customer service etc? Etc...

Thanks. Anthony
Save your tune until you do big mods like an intake manifold, and headers Because they’re expensive and you would want to get the most bang for your buck. Take a look at this video from Alex Flores (he’s a tuner at Lund Racing). He shows via video evidence, that his Coyote F150 picked up some additional power just by mixing a little E85 in his tank with regular pump gas (on a bone stock tune). I know you said you don’t have E85 near you, but Ignite Red and One Ethanol be ordered in 5 gal. pails. The good thing about that is, if you buy it by the pail, you can cruise on regular fuel and when you really want the extra bump, add about 5-6 gallons of E85. Heck, even if you have to drive an hour or so to get some E85 from a gas station, you could take two 5 gal. fuel jugs with you and fill those up. You will only be using a little at a time. Just something to think about, while saving yourself some cash at the same time.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
At this time no one is providing Flex tune for the 2021's, they recommend a 91 or 93 tune. They still are not sure is the parameters are the same as the previous years

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You honestly can't go wrong with either. At this point it really just boils down to which device you prefer. PBD uses the UCAL that has a display on it and Lund, depending on the vehicle, uses the HP Tuners RTD. If you have any questions about either tuner, let me know. I have personally used both with my cars. No complaints with either one. Lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've heard bad things about Lund too. No company is perfect. My experience when I contacted PBD and had some questions for them was great. They were fast and gave me exactly the information I was looking for. Hard to complain about that.
Glad you had a positive experience. I can't speak to them personally but I hear it both ways. Some have similar experiences to yours and some have long waits to get any type of response or decent service. The only bad things I hear about Lund is they are cocky and Alex is a douche! :crackup:

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Save your tune until you do big mods like an intake manifold, and headers Because they’re expensive and you would want to get the most bang for your buck. Take a look at this video from Alex Flores (he’s a tuner at Lund Racing). He shows via video evidence, that his Coyote F150 picked up some additional power just by mixing a little E85 in his tank with regular pump gas (on a bone stock tune). I know you said you don’t have E85 near you, but Ignite Red and One Ethanol be ordered in 5 gal. pails. The good thing about that is, if you buy it by the pail, you can cruise on regular fuel and when you really want the extra bump, add about 5-6 gallons of E85. Heck, even if you have to drive an hour or so to get some E85 from a gas station, you could take two 5 gal. fuel jugs with you and fill those up. You will only be using a little at a time. Just something to think about, while saving yourself some cash at the same time.

The F150s are E85 ready from the factory. The Mustangs are not. He does not advise mixing any E85 in mustang fuel if it’s not tuned for it.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Don't forget about AED, especially if you have an auto.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Highly recommend Lund........To be fair however, I have had 0 dealings with PBD. Lund has been excellent through 2 cars for me and I appreciate their no BS approach. I feel Alex's pain when it comes to dealing with the general public. That being said, they are still very patient and helpful.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Highly recommend Lund........To be fair however, I have had 0 dealings with PBD. Lund has been excellent through 2 cars for me and I appreciate their no BS approach. I feel Alex's pain when it comes to dealing with the general public. That being said, they are still very patient and helpful.
I was thinking of getting a Lund tune but what turned me off was that they lock your ECU so not even Ford can flash your car which for some dealers that would be a red flag
Sponsored