Looking for recommendations on 2 piece rotors

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You don't think that the Baer products can stand up to racing conditions?
It's hard to say. They're generally not *used* in racing conditions, so I don't have much faith. Baer used to be Aussie and reasonably good stuff. I think it's all Chinese import, now, but I could be wrong. It's not that being Chinese-made is necessarily a bad thing, but materials, tolerances, quality control and consistency will not be at the same level as a Brembo, AP, Alcon, PFC or even Girodisc.
Sponsored

Caleb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Order; 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec
I am on the fence between the PFC and Girodisc. Just intermediate HPDE use and starting to get into time-trial/time-attack format stuff on occasion.

Are you sourcing them through that UK distributor I see on here?
Grahame at PFC Europe ([email protected]) helped me order the set. Price wasn't that crazy but having to pay via wire transfer was an added headache. Sometimes a set will appear on Ebay but those might have dried up.

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
What are people using? I don't do track days but drive aggressive and looking for performance not comfort. Are the Steeda ones any good?
I have the Steeda 2-piece and they perform great. Super confident at Sebring with them and in the summer sessions as well. I just wish they offered the slotted rotors for the gt350 brakes.

Steeda?Steeda?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda 2-piece and they perform great. Super confident at Sebring with them and in the summer sessions as well. I just wish they offered the slotted rotors for the gt350 brakes.

Steeda?Steeda?
That you - we have track-tested these on several of our fleet vehicles & they are holding up to the task!

OP, let me know if I can help assist!

Best Regards,

TJ

Juggernaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Expedition platty max, TBSS, Silvy, Camaro
It's hard to say. They're generally not *used* in racing conditions, so I don't have much faith. Baer used to be Aussie and reasonably good stuff. I think it's all Chinese import, now, but I could be wrong. It's not that being Chinese-made is necessarily a bad thing, but materials, tolerances, quality control and consistency will not be at the same level as a Brembo, AP, Alcon, PFC or even Girodisc.
I had Baer big brake kit on my Escalade esv, 15" rotors and the 6 piston calipers (I believe they were older style alcon calipers but could be wrong). Granted I wasn't racing but I lost factory brakes once, full loaded (3 adults 2 teens and 130# dog with dirt bikes on back). We do alot of mountain roads in Colorado 10k+ and I use trans more then brakes but they gassed up and I lost braking. Thankfully I wasn't going fast and know how to save it. After that I did Baers I had 0 issues, infact I gave my dad the truck and he still drives on those brakes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cajunrice

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thank you everyone for the input. I am leaning towards the Steeda 2 piece rotors.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Girodisc from OPmustang.com. I can feel the difference for sure!
With my RTR Wheels, I'm about 21 lbs less rotational mass on each front tire and 15 lbs on the rears.
RTR wheels are 11 lbs less than stock.

1.png

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thank you everyone for the input. I am leaning towards the Steeda 2 piece rotors.
steeda makes a nice two-piece rotor. The Baer upgrade is really nice as well.

Send me a DM and we can go over your goals. Your also welcome to call - 855-827-7223 , I take calls 8am to 10pm Seven Days a week. - www.beefcakeracing.com

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
What are people using? I don't do track days but drive aggressive and looking for performance not comfort. Are the Steeda ones any good?
Steeda work good and save weight. Great for a street and light track use. I'll be listing a set that just came off my Mach 1. Im going with AP Racing for more aggressive track use. Ive included stock mach 1 vs steeda weights. -18lbs off the front axle -4lbs off the rear axle

IMG_7285.jpeg
IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7286.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
+1 for the Steeda 2 piece rotors.

Been using them for ~5 years and they work well with all the supporting brake mods I have. I just replaced the rotors and the replacement kit comes with everything you need.

IMG_7044.jpg

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Steeda work good and save weight. Great for a street and light track use. I'll be listing a set that just came off my Mach 1. Im going with AP Racing for more aggressive track use. Ive included stock mach 1 vs steeda weights. -18lbs off the front axle -4lbs off the rear axle

IMG_7285.jpeg
IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7286.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg
The rings on the front are pretty much done
How much new rings cost ?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Another +1 for the Steeda rotors. I've been very happy with them and definitely helped with no brake overheating/fade since I've installed them.
Sponsored