AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
At this point should we all just flood Ford customer service with complaints?
I'm already ahead of you, I have a person I correspond with which I am going to complain to.

*EDIT*

Complaint email sent, now just waiting for a response, here is the email:

Hi X,

I am replying to our correspondence that we had back from last year so to possibly jar your memory.

My reason for reaching out to you is in reference to the oil filters that are non-existent nearly everywhere and my dealership that I brought my car to have an oil change has now been sitting for 2 weeks because of no oil filter, the model # of the oil filter is: FL-2087 which is for the 2020+ Shelby GT500, and I have been calling other dealership to purchase one or two so I can get it to my dealer to complete my oil change I am being told they will not sell them and are keeping it for their customers for when they come in for an oil change, some are even trying to price gouge as well. So my question is when is this Oil filter issue going to end? I would think a car that’s now 2 years in production should not have this issue since you changed the oil filters from FL-2065. And there is not even a mention of an alternative filter to use while the FL-2087 does become available.

Any information would be great to have other than “I’m sorry they are on back order and there is no ETA”.

Last edited:

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Thank you Mike, very curious to hear a response. I have 4 AFE filters but am afraid to use them.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Seems like a bit of hoser price gouging don't cha know!

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Mike, very curious to hear a response. I have 4 AFE filters but am afraid to use them.
As soon as I hear I will let everyone know.

This means nothing, I have called 25 dealerships that all had that same BS screen, then when you add it they charge you put ahold on that money and 3 days later call or email you saying sorry they have none. So unless you physically call and verify that they do have it, websites mean nothing.

Seems like a bit of hoser price gouging don't cha know!
True $50 plus shipping is a bit high, but your also talking canada.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MSRP for these filters is $45. So no, that's not high.
If the places I looked at had them the going rate is between $24-$38 plus tax and shipping but I have a few places I was pointed to by other dealerships that were kind enough to look through there systems and see who had filters and passed their numbers to me, so off to the races again tomorrow for spares just in case for the next time.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If the places I looked at had them the going rate is between $24-$38 plus tax and shipping but I have a few places I was pointed to by other dealerships that were kind enough to look through there systems and see who had filters and passed their numbers to me, so off to the races again tomorrow for spares just in case for the next time.
Good luck with that.......

Do you drive 5 to 10 extra miles to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas too?

You may get lucky, but all that trouble to find the cheapest price for an item that you will use once in a year.....

I'd just accept Jamie's offer and let the market settle. Good luck.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Good luck with that.......

Do you drive 5 to 10 extra miles to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas too?

You may get lucky, but all that trouble to find the cheapest price for an item that you will use once in a year.....

I'd just accept Jamie's offer and let the market settle. Good luck.
Tom Jamie already is sending me a loaner, so I'm good to get the car out of the shop, which gives me the flexibility to look around. My primary issue is adding to cart isnt going to get you a filter if they dont have one. Price is secondary, and its just an opinion.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Shocker:

Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This means nothing
Birchwood Ford. 1-204-661-9555. $65CAD each. 1 in stock. But can get a dozen more by tomorrow afternoon from their Ontario warehouse.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Birchwood Ford. 1-204-661-9555. $65CAD each. 1 in stock. But can get a dozen more by tomorrow afternoon from their Ontario warehouse.
Well this will be good for others as I am complete with the 3 dealers I ordered from. I have found 3 dealers today, with a total of 4 filters being shipped to me, plus the one from my dealership. @Jmeo thanks again yours will be here by Thursday, and I will be replacing yours back to you by next week when mine come in.
Sponsored