Who needs an FL2087? Act fast.

Bucko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2022 Grabber Blue CFTP ordered
In no way did i mention that i got ripped off, just informing those who purchased the filter that it didnt come with O-rings
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
In no way did i mention that i got ripped off, just informing those who purchased the filter that it didnt come with O-rings
Buyer beware?

Bucko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2022 Grabber Blue CFTP ordered
Meaning they didnt come with O-rings

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So the filters didn't come with O rings?

There are three things you can do in any combination.......

1. Buy the O rings for 84 cents, yes, 84 cents and be on your way.......
2. Return the filter because they didn't come with 84 cent O rings.....
OR
3. Come to the forum here and complain that the filter that is impossible to find didn't come with 84 cent O rings and express how you feel you got ripped off paying $29.65 plus shipping for a filter that some were paying $300 for.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Sponsored

scformula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500
Got my filters in last night and ran up to the local dealership to pick up the o-rings. Dealer was impressed that i was able to get the filters.

Once again Tomster, thanks for the info!!!

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
I received the filters yesterday. Thanks for passing along the information.

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
I was at my local dealer yesterday and the filter still shows not available and number superseded.
Ordered 2 from South Bay.I'll check on the o-rings Monday.Off to Pocono tomorrow with Stacked On Track.
Thank You!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@dpAtlanta says that ford put out a bulletin that orings are not required to be changed unless they are damaged. He is working on getting the bulletin number so that people don't feel compelled to swap out their Orings.

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
@dpAtlanta says that ford put out a bulletin that orings are not required to be changed unless they are damaged. He is working on getting the bulletin number so that people don't feel compelled to swap out their Orings.
Hey man people have to make up the money they paid over MSRP for their cars, might as well start with .84 O rings hahaha

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey man people have to make up the money they paid over MSRP for their cars, might as well start with .84 O rings hahaha
If what DpAtlanta is saying is true, maybe ford did decide to not require oring replacement for each oil change.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You'd be surprised.. they 'engineered out' the under hood work light on the super duty pickups as a running change. One less part. One less supplier etc.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
As promised Tomster... I am reporting my results:

Well... I just heard from the Service Manager from the Ford Dealer... I had asked him for a copy of the bulletin or at least the bulletin number.

This is what he said when he called me back with an answer:

RING-RING
"Hello"
"Hey Bob, this is Christian at the Ford Dealer"
"It's Dave."
"Oh yeah, sorry Don."
"No - it's Dave, not Don."
"Yeah-yeah, right Dennis... listen, I have an answer on the air filter bulletin."
"No, no, it's the oil filter O-rings"
"O-rings for what?"
"The oil filter Christian."
"Yeah, yeah that's right Darren."
"It's Dave!"
"Who's Dave?"
"I am... what's the deal with the oil filter O-ring bulletin info...do I need to replace or inspect?"
"Well Derrick, there are NO O-rings on air filters, so you have nothing to worry about... glad I could help, please leave a positive review on an e-mail we'll be sending."
"Uh............. Christian.......... ?"
"Yes Dan?"
"Dan...? ... it's Dave....!!!!!!!!"

But seriously, this is what was said:

"I misspoke, when I told you there was a bulletin, there was actually a hand-written note in the parts catalog since there was now two separate part numbers. The lead tech wrote replace if necessary."

I specifically asked if there was anything from Ford stating that the O-rings can be re-used if not damaged... he indicated NO, their "thought" was that there was two separate part numbers now, that is what they would do.

BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.

And I'm taking my Shelby here... at least the Ford Performance mechanic has his head on straight and was not involved in this silliness.

BUY O-RINGS WITH YOUR FILTER FOLKS....!!!!!
Sponsored