FL2087 Oil Filter O-Rings...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The world is upside down and on a trajectory we haven't seen. The filter debacle falls right in line. We'll get through it.

I'm not here to scortch the earth so I'll add this one only as a point of reference. Might be ambiguous as it can be interpreted more than one way. I have no doubt that behind the scenes there is some serious finger pointing going on. Some people or some entity isn't getting it done.

This was as of a few days ago...

674513486(1)a.jpg
It's interesting how they are in the process of making the filter obsolete. Would a change in manufacturer bring about this? A filter redesign? Interesting stuff and thanks for posting.
Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Laugh about the situation? There is nothing to laugh at, its not funny.

You were the guy who was perfectly fine installing an aftermarket filter. I even offered you an OEM filter and you didn't want it. Since you don't care and its not "your" problem, why the post? And why is this now "our" problem when you are not part of "our"?

I'm sticking to my guns. That reply was a half wit reply. It sounded like a drive by poke at Ford and a problem you have nothing to do with because you don't use oem filters and even when offered one, you didn't want it.

You call me elitist? Upper crust? All I can say to that is I work hard for the money and things I have. I dont have to resort to making my own cold air intake or buy aftermarket oil filters because they cost a little more. I remember one time my wife and I were in Sydney Australia. We were checking in for our flight home in the business class line. A family walked by and the little kid said to his parents "look there are some rich assholes". Well he might have been right, maybe not, but it sure reflected the kind of people they were in how they carried themselves and the language those parents must have taught their kid to use....... kind of like you do.

Again I reiterate my position..... I am thankful that people had the opportunity to get filters while they could. Had they stopped sale of these filters a while back, people would have been stuck. I think most of the community took advantage of the opportunity that I helped to create.

Despite your behavior, if you change your mind on aftermarket and you need a filter and can't find one, let me know and this upper crust elitist will help you out.

First if you can't laugh at the situation and all you can do is get pissy when someone does then you need to evaluate your life. Second, I changed my oil before your filter help was posted. I wasn't going to change it again or take a filter away from another member who might have actually needed one. Don't worry I'll never ask for a filter from you. I can handle shit on my own. Saving money by building my own cold air is just smart economics. I can afford to buy one that is the exact same thing but since I use to fab alot of stuff, I did it myself and has been working great since installed. I also made my own cat delete with vbands that can swap the cats back in within 15 minutes. I know I know I'm cheap and have no good ideas. Guess what I'm also going to do. Tune it myself. Because I can. Not because I can't afford it. But because I like making things work myself.

I'll stop short of telling you to go fuck yourself only because you did help some guys out with filters and did offer one to me to.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
First if you can't laugh at the situation and all you can do is get pissy when someone does then you need to evaluate your life. Second, I changed my oil before your filter help was posted. I wasn't going to change it again or take a filter away from another member who might have actually needed one. Don't worry I'll never ask for a filter from you. I can handle shit on my own. Saving money by building my own cold air is just smart economics. I can afford to buy one that is the exact same thing but since I use to fab alot of stuff, I did it myself and has been working great since installed. I also made my own cat delete with vbands that can swap the cats back in within 15 minutes. I know I know I'm cheap and have no good ideas. Guess what I'm also going to do. Tune it myself. Because I can. Not because I can't afford it. But because I like making things work myself.

I'll stop short of telling you to go fuck yourself only because you did help some guys out with filters and did offer one to me to.
A class act.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
They are sold by Ford as a Ford part in Fords supply chain. Correct? It's a Ford problem....again. Which is now our problem.....again. Once again you stiff fucks can't even laugh at this absurd problem.
Lol man get a grip on yourself. Take a gummy and have a nap. Only one who is stiff in here is the guy going on and on about ford being responsible for a 3rd party product and then using foul language cause we don’t agree with your asinine opinion. And then the hypocrisy of saying “I do what I want cause I can” and then calling people “elitists” for doing the same…now that’s something I can laugh about 🤣🤣🤣
You need some self reflection man, it’s not worth getting all worked up about and your reaction to myself and Tom is a reflection of you, not us.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
O-rings should be showing up now if you were waiting on any from your dealer.

Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Lol man get a grip on yourself. Take a gummy and have a nap. Only one who is stiff in here is the guy going on and on about ford being responsible for a 3rd party product and then using foul language cause we don’t agree with your asinine opinion. And then the hypocrisy of saying “I do what I want cause I can” and then calling people “elitists” for doing the same…now that’s something I can laugh about 🤣🤣🤣
You need some self reflection man, it’s not worth getting all worked up about and your reaction to myself and Tom is a reflection of you, not us.
This forum is so much better when using the ignore function on certain individuals.

Bucko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2022 Grabber Blue CFTP ordered
Called south bay ford yesterday and they are sending out the o-rings (no charge). Thanks again Tom for the info on the filters.
Sponsored