Sponsored

Looking at a Quick Jack and need advice

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe

For lifting the 2017 GT350 and poss, my wife’s Tesla model X, and a Canyon or 1500 size pickup.
I think the Canyon curb weight is 6000 lbs.

I called BendPak and they said for the Shelby they rec BL5000 SLX
But they show a recent mustang on a BL5000EXT

BL7000SLX looks like it will do all of my vehicles.

I would really like to get a lift that sits on the Garage floor all the time that I can just drive over.
BendPak said you have to place it under vehicle prior to lifting, and then remove and store when done.

I don’t want to spend crazy money, but around $4k maybe max?

Anyone who has a Quick Jack or other lift, I am all ears.

Thanks

Bill
Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have a Quick Jack and for my car works great. It was my original thinking to use it on all the cars in the house, but discovered after the fact that my wife's 11' 535 is to long between jack points for it to work. Still working on a workaround for that.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
For $4K you could get either a good quality 2-post or a 4-post lift if you have the ceiling height.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 5000 slx which fits perfect and allows the lifting blocks to be located in a well balanced position. I lift my Audi A6 wagon it fits it just as well as it does the Mustang. I have even lifted my Nissan Titan 4x4 and it lifted it just fine as far as lifting power. but it only lifted it high enough to change to do a tire rotation due to height. I use to store mine centered under my lowered by 1" mustang gt with 285/35/19F. 305/30-19 R. However when I added a Steeda 4 point K brace it stuck down just enough that the car would lightly touch the Quick Jack. So I built a modular full length ramps. Anyway, here are some photos of the quick jack position on the floor when I parked directly over it. and with my drive up ramps. Also I put reflective tape on my jacks so that I can see them when backing into a dark garage.

20200104_153323.jpg

20201219_144551.jpg

20201231_135316.jpg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'll just say this...QuickJack is one of those purchases I kick myself for not making a lloooonnnnggggg time ago. Lifechanging. I had no budget, so the sky was the limit. I didn't want a drive on lift (didn't want to give up the real estate and didn't want to still be left with dealing how to get the car up for wheels off maintenance/mods), and I didn't want a two post lift where wheels hanging was the only option. Obviously with the QuickJack you're still laying on the ground to do these things, but it gives me more under-car clearance than I've ever ever been able to achieve with a jack and jackstands. A great compromise. No regrets. Dumb to wait this long.

Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350

For lifting the 2017 GT350 and poss, my wife’s Tesla model X, and a Canyon or 1500 size pickup.
I think the Canyon curb weight is 6000 lbs.

I called BendPak and they said for the Shelby they rec BL5000 SLX
But they show a recent mustang on a BL5000EXT

BL7000SLX looks like it will do all of my vehicles.

I would really like to get a lift that sits on the Garage floor all the time that I can just drive over.
BendPak said you have to place it under vehicle prior to lifting, and then remove and store when done.

I don’t want to spend crazy money, but around $4k maybe max?

Anyone who has a Quick Jack or other lift, I am all ears.

Thanks

Bill
I absolutely love my QJ and I couldn't agree with @galaxy more. I kick myself for not doing it sooner.

All that being said, given your requirements and budget.. Closest thing you can take a look at is another BendPak brand, MaxJax. MaxJax don't have the weight capacity but given the budget, you have to draw the line somewhere.. There's the BendPak GrandPrix line for low ceilings, but it's a more traditional 2-post system, they're not AS portable. To drive over something every time, you're talking more like a 4-post lift. Rotary makes some drive over low rise stuff but they suffer similar problems to a 4-post. A 4-post is going to limit the types of things you can do. The MSRP on a BendPak 4-post comes in just under your budget before install.

The issue with most of the more permanent solutions when budget is a concern, is the install. For me, it's the portability of the QJ that won me over for my use case. I would have gone MaxJax if I had a larger garage, width wise.

quickjack.jpg

I've got experience on the subject, buying lifts for shops over the years. Please tell us more about your ideal use and talk about the space you'll be putting the lift in.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've been wanting a QuickJack for quite awhile and this thread caused me to pull the trigger finally. I ordered a refurbished unit directly from QuickJack for $460 off or 33% in savings and it still comes with the 1 year warranty. I know it may have scratches or be dinged up some but for that savings and knowing it will get scratches, I'm fine with that.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I've been wanting a QuickJack for quite awhile and this thread caused me to pull the trigger finally. I ordered a refurbished unit directly from QuickJack for $460 off or 33% in savings and it still comes with the 1 year warranty. I know it may have scratches or be dinged up some but for that savings and knowing it will get scratches, I'm fine with that.
So QJ has been raising the price over the years, both new and refurbished units. The best price on new 5000SLX most recently was $998 with free shipping from HD or Costco. The trick is to buy from HD and couple this with a 15% off coupon. Doing so brings the price on a new one below $850 or roughly 40% off. You can find sales on QuickJack at HD in May and November through December each year.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So QJ has been raising the price over the years, both new and refurbished units. The best price on new 5000SLX most recently was $998 with free shipping from HD or Costco. The trick is to buy from HD and couple this with a 15% off coupon. Doing so brings the price on a new one below $850 or roughly 40% off. You can find sales on QuickJack at HD in May and November through December each year.
I've seen them on sale like that but I actually have a strong need for one right now so didn't want to wait any longer. :thumbsup:

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I literally just did what you are talking about. I got everything you need and the 7,000 lb setup for about $1600 bucks shipped directly from Bend Pack. PM and I'll even give you the phone number for the person I talked too. It will arrive today via FedEx. (Sadly, they delivered everything but the jack frames. So if those can be accounted for then my review will be complete) I was very positive about my choice until 10 minutes ago.

Update 1/26/21 While I'm sure the product is good, avoid at all costs ordering them from Bend Pack directly. They keep insisting they "shipped" my jack frames. But they only provided me with tracking numbers for the other boxes and those are all that arrived. So we are going around and around on the phone for over a week. My customer service guy suddenly doesn't answer the phone, every other customer service person already says its fixed and the sales supervisor "is going to get to the bottom of this and call me back" for the last week. Thus far, no tracking numbers for the missing boxes can be provided and no record of shipping them can be found. But, no effort is being made to correct it and send my equipment.

Update 2/3/21 I got a call a few days ago from the sales manager. He got this sorted out and threw in a "Jack Pack" for my trouble. Everything arrived as promised yesterday and works perfectly. The Jack Pack is actually perfect for GT350's. It is a compressor, jump starter with the power to boost the lightweight battery and get the car fired up in a pinch.

So service was great and the jack itself is awesome. I vote yes.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
I have the 5000 slx which fits perfect and allows the lifting blocks to be located in a well balanced position. I lift my Audi A6 wagon it fits it just as well as it does the Mustang. I have even lifted my Nissan Titan 4x4 and it lifted it just fine as far as lifting power. but it only lifted it high enough to change to do a tire rotation due to height. I use to store mine centered under my lowered by 1" mustang gt with 285/35/19F. 305/30-19 R. However when I added a Steeda 4 point K brace it stuck down just enough that the car would lightly touch the Quick Jack. So I built a modular full length ramps. Anyway, here are some photos of the quick jack position on the floor when I parked directly over it. and with my drive up ramps. Also I put reflective tape on my jacks so that I can see them when backing into a dark garage.

20200104_153323.jpg

20201219_144551.jpg

20201231_135316.jpg
So Will (1 old racer) That looks like the ticket to me.

I cannot really tell from the photo but that ramp set is wood correct?
I think I am going to try to replicate what you have there. Really nice job.
I really like the fact that you can just leave everything in place.

I do not have jacking rails, am I going to need those?
On bend pack website it looks like they have hard rubber blocks that go where the jack will make contact with the pinch welds?? Am I correct in that??

I also think I am gonna go with the
BL-7000EXT (5175218)
7,000-lb. Capacity / 21" Maximum Rise / 3.5" Lowered Height / 76" Frame Length
as long as the 3.5 is not too high and 76" is not too long for the GT350.

If it will fit under the Shelby, it should also lift my Canyon and Tesla Model X.
If 3.5 high and 76" long wont work with the shelby, I will just get the BL5000SLX or EXT. They show a mustang on the EXT.

One last thing - you guys that have these - you lift the car and get under it w/o any other jack stands, blocks, etc?? Total trust in this thing?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I do not have jacking rails, am I going to need those?
Not at all.

On bend pack website it looks like they have hard rubber blocks that go where the jack will make contact with the pinch welds?? Am I correct in that??
Yup.

One last thing - you guys that have these - you lift the car and get under it w/o any other jack stands, blocks, etc?? Total trust in this thing?
Total trust. Nothing else. It has locks. She’s not going anywhere

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I only needed the full length ramps because the car was hitting the quick jack right at the locking tab that is about 1/4" inch above the rail. the web site is correct they are 3.5" but the locking tabs are a 1/4" taller.. They hit the steeda k brace right where it crosses the frame rails. Other then that they are perfect on a 1" lowered mustang. as far as length i know the 5000slx fits perfect for the mustang so make sure the 7000 will fit between the tires. And I think that with the quick jack's rubber blocks it will work better without jacking rails,. Also I did a DIY to build the modular full length rails found in the DIY thread.

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
Just thought I'd jump in since I have a set of the 7000slx and can fit them under my mustang without any issue. I use the short rubber blocks that they give you with the potauto pinch weld adapters(can buy on amazon) on each corner. I have a '17 GT PP with ford performance track shocks and struts with the BMR SP083 springs, so lowered about 3/4 inch or so all around. Although with a more larger drop spring it would probably be really tight or require me to drive on a piece of wood or something to get a little more height.

I will say that the only downside to the 7000lb variants is that they are pretty heavy. I think the 7000SLX are around 100lb each and the 7000EXT is a bit heavier than that. It's not a ton of weight but they're long and not the easiest thing to move around.

Also if you can wait, there's sales somewhat often on the quickjacks at costco and home depot. I picked up my 7000SLX for $1150 around black friday but I see the 5000SLX drop around $1000 pretty often.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I only needed the full length ramps because the car was hitting the quick jack right at the locking tab that is about 1/4" inch above the rail. the web site is correct they are 3.5" but the locking tabs are a 1/4" taller.. They hit the steeda k brace right where it crosses the frame rails. Other then that they are perfect on a 1" lowered mustang. as far as length i know the 5000slx fits perfect for the mustang so make sure the 7000 will fit between the tires. And I think that with the quick jack's rubber blocks it will work better without jahi. Hi. What do you think about the Quick Jack. Which one did you get. I am wanting the ,7000 so I can use it on SUV to. I am wanting to buy one.
Thank you
Doug
kingngrailsls,. Also I did a DIY to build the modular full length rails found in the DIY thread.
Sponsored