Sponsored

Let's talk trailers...anyone with a custom ATC/inTech?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
After years of using your typical steel/plywood trailers that come empty, I'm finally in a position to build a custom-spec'd trailer exactly to my needs. I spend about 30+ days a year at the race track (most of which I'm double-duty instructing), so I'm really focused on making my life easier, the trip safer for the car and its arsenal of tires/fuel/parts, and more comfortable in-between sessions.

I'm just starting a build process and would love to hear from those with experience...what are your must-haves, regrets, and would add on next time?

Currently, I'm looking at a 28ft tag with cabinets up front, gen box on tongue, storage for fuel in front cabinets, airline track on road side to secure tire stacks, couch on curb side with overhead cabinets, AC prep, insulated, and a couple other pieces.

Hit me with what ya' got (or friends)!

Some of my inspiration is below

01.JPG
07.JPG
08.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
15.JPG
20.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shelbyshakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an Atc Quest 305, 24’. Happy to answer any questions. Absolutely awesome trailer.

ABA83FB8-166A-454A-A40C-0917AA04A835.jpeg
Are you happy with the way your GT350 loads into and fits in that trailer ? plenty of room from the bottom of the door to the top of the tires after the car is pulled inside and you open the door to get out ? load angle works well ? Real nice trailer !! iam shopping for my lowered gt350 ... thanks for posting pic !

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My 350’s are lowered to. I do have to use Race Ramps for the car to clear. Even with the fender removed and the side escape open its tight with the car door and the trailer tires. I don’t load mine with a winch but could. It might be easier for some then trying to get out. These trailers are about as low as any of them. Race ramps will be a must in my opinion for any of these trailers.

Are you happy with the way your GT350 loads into and fits in that trailer ? plenty of room from the bottom of the door to the top of the tires after the car is pulled inside and you open the door to get out ? load angle works well ? Real nice trailer !! iam shopping for my lowered gt350 ... thanks for posting pic !

Sponsored

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have an Atc Quest 305, 24’. Happy to answer any questions. Absolutely awesome trailer.

ABA83FB8-166A-454A-A40C-0917AA04A835.jpeg
Beautiful trailer! Do you have either or both AC/insulation?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It is insulated and pre wired for the ac. I would suggest the spare mount as well. I had to order and add that. The down side to these trailers currently is price. I purchased mine in Jan for mid 20’s, new, there up 9-12k in price from then. As nice as these are I don’t think there worth mid 30’s.

Beautiful trailer! Do you have either or both AC/insulation?

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It is insulated and pre wired for the ac. I would suggest the spare mount as well. I had to order and add that. The down side to these trailers currently is price. I purchased mine in Jan for mid 20’s, new, there up 9-12k in price from then. As nice as these are I don’t think there worth mid 30’s.
How's it manage the heat? Obviously with out AC I know it wont be cool, but just curious if you can tell the difference?

And they sure are expensive. I'm pretty embarrassed how expensive my quote is...

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2023 Mach 1, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
I have a 24’ Intech (similar to AC Tech design) Lite. It’s a great trailer. The Lite version has limited options. I upgraded to front cabinets and thicker exterior panel (same color as inthehighdesert‘s). I added winch, carpet, etrack, jack cradle and tie down hooks. I like etrack better than aircraft channel because it uses two fasteners per stud instead of one. It doesn’t look as nice but definitely stronger attachment.

42226A21-783A-457B-B3E8-D11F32B47D35.jpeg

761F2BE6-013D-4D5C-85DD-C6FB8B020C34.jpeg

A9D3468C-2B7F-4AC7-8E84-E1D1837F3B16.jpeg

98DE2A71-1580-4344-B382-0CFE6AD69547.jpeg

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2023 Mach 1, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
And they sure are expensive. I'm pretty embarrassed how expensive my quote is...
Because you added all the goodies :shock:. To have Intech add carpet to walls would have been almost $2k IIRC. I spent ~$300 for carpet, J channel, fasteners and double sided tape.
Plus aircraft channel is way more expensive than etrack.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It does ok, it’s all relative. I would for sure add the ac if I was at the track a lot. I purchased mine from Missouri Great Dane. They’re one if not the biggest Atc dealer in the country. There pricing was much better then the others even when I added in the shipping to me. If I hadn’t got so a good price and the immediate availability I would probably strongly consider the Raven and finishing the inside myself. They come lined with plywood and are considerably less.

How's it manage the heat? Obviously with out AC I know it wont be cool, but just curious if you can tell the difference?

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Because you added all the goodies :shock:. To have Intech add carpet to walls would have been almost $2k IIRC. I spent ~$300 for carpet, J channel, fasteners and double sided tape.
Plus aircraft channel is way more expensive than etrack.
Ha, I won't deny that. Normally I share the sentiment. But ready to just pay once and have it ready without me needing to spend a bunch of time and effort tweaking it. I'm there with the current trailer and it's been a fair amount of work. I can barely keep up with the race car these days.

You DIY carpet walls and e-track look great. Where'd you source the carpet?

How do you like the extruded aluminum floor? I'm leaning that way due to no plywood, but do like the rubber coin (softer on the feet).

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I just mentioned getting a trailer to the wife so we can trailer the car down to Tail of the Dragon without having to put 2k+ miles on the car and potentially get all those rock chips on the interstate.

I wouldn't have a use for one with A/C and all that, just a nice enclosed car hauler.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Added inspiration photos to the first post.

As a side note, anyone have experience with the following:

1. Using nitrogen for tires/nitrogen bottle
  2. In floor storage (can spec custom in floor storage compartments - right now I am just thinking spare tires
  3. Above wheel well storage - specifically those large cabines that are only 6in deep (what are you using storing in those)

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
We have been window shopping for quite a while to learn the market, manufactures, ideas, what size works best. have about as much fun looking at trailers vs. GT350's !LOL

One option that looks to be pretty handy would be the outside awning. Are there any downfalls to the awnings? Curious to know. TIA

How long of a wait to order & receive a trailer Kevin?
Sponsored