Let's discuss windshield wipers

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
I have owned my car for 2 years now. I have installed 2 sets of OEM wipers on it in that 2 years and am needing a new set already. The OEM wipers are not so good at longevity. Considering the Mustang has an odd wiper arm attachment which wipers will work with our cars? Does anyone have pictures of what those wipers look like on the car? I would like a quality wiper blade that doesn't make the wiper arm sit 4 inches away from the glass.

Don
Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
Need to keep them clean, too. I wipe mine clean and then wipe them down with tire shine whenever I wash the car. My blades last a long time, but the car is kept in the garage. I'm sure that sun exposure drastically affects the blade life.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Believe it or not, I was a Bosch wiper blade user for eons... Until the last few years, their blades just donā€™t last and turn to shit in 6mos time (even when maintaining them) and especially for their rather high cost; I stopped buying them.

I decided to try the RainX blades from the local WalMart. Figured WTF, if they donā€˜t work, the cost of two complete RainX blades was far less than losing what it normally cost me for two BOSCH blades.

Bought the RainX blades, installed and guess what - they work perfectly and look exactly like the original OEM blades. They donā€™t skip, chatter, streak or smear and they work excellent in rain (heavy & light) and still work great in winter for snow/slush.

https://www.rainx.com/product/wiper-blades/rain-x-latitude/

Been using the RainX wiper blades on our cars for the last 5+years now and would keep buying.... For their price point and after trying them out long term, IMO, theyā€™re worth the $$$ and perform the same if not better than the original OEMs.

No BS.

ā€”

Iā€™ve also used different washer fluids over the years. IMO, regardless of brand, I personally canā€™t tell if one is better than the other. Iā€™ve used Rain-X, the cheap ass blue stuff from multi-vendors as well as multi-Prestone brands and all seem to clean the glass of bugs/debris and power through the winter months.

I think if the driver has shit blades installed, theyā€™re going to get shit results regardless of washer fluid brands or type.

Be careful of Dealership refills especially for those folks in colder climates - some will just top off your washer fluid with WATER to save their Dealership bucks... have fun when temps are at or below freezing...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Need to keep them clean, too. I wipe mine clean and then wipe them down with tire shine whenever I wash the car. My blades last a long time, but the car is kept in the garage. I'm sure that sun exposure drastically affects the blade life.
My car has spent most of its life outside and I still have my original blades. The key is keeping them clean in my opinion. Dirt getting under them tears them up when you finally use them.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Keep them clean and they last.
I wipe them off with a Duncan Donut's napkin and the gas station glass cleaner fluid, every time I get fuel.
I have found I get 2-3 years out of a set on my daily that see's rain/ ice/ snow. I used to get a year .
keep them clean is the key.
I don't know if they have wipers for the Mustang, but I put rain-x on my jeep the last time only because they were out of the trico ones I normally get.
They seem to work good, pricey but good. Have 2 years on them ATM.
Make a habit of cleaning them when you get fuel and they last a long time.
My mid range trico's go 3 years and I replace them only because the blade gets stiff and makes that horrid noise while wiping if there isn't a downpour of water.

Reactions: dx2

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Changing the rubber blade or the wiper blade assembly ?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Also clean your windshield. The road grime buildup will make you think your wipers blades need replacing. Use either Bon-Ami cleanser or bar keepers friend, they are both fine grain cleansers that are safe for glass. And use a blue scotch bright kitchen sponge. The blue is a finer grain than the green scratchy sponge. Wash the windshield first, while still wet sprinkle with cleanser and start scrubbing with the kitchen sponge using the scotch bright side. You can feel when your glass is clean, and keep it wet while scrubbing.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I use Rain-X blades and washer fluid. No problems

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Believe it or not, I was a Bosch wiper blade user for eons... Until the last few years, their blades just donā€™t last and turn to shit in 6mos time (even when maintaining them) and especially for their rather high cost; I stopped buying them.

I decided to try the RainX blades from the local WalMart. Figured WTF, if they donā€˜t work, the cost of two complete RainX blades was far less than losing what it normally cost me for two BOSCH blades.

Bought the RainX blades, installed and guess what - they work perfectly and look exactly like the original OEM blades. They donā€™t skip, chatter, streak or smear and they work excellent in rain (heavy & light) and still work great in winter for snow/slush.

Been using the RainX wiper blades on our cars for the last 5+years now and would keep buying.... For their price point and after trying them out long term, IMO, theyā€™re worth the $$$ and perform the same if not better than the original OEMs.

No BS.

ā€”

Iā€™ve also used different washer fluids over the years. IMO, regardless of brand, I personally canā€™t tell if one is better than the other. Iā€™ve used Rain-X, the cheap ass blue stuff from multi-vendors as well as multi-Prestone brands and all seem to clean the glass of bugs/debris and power through the winter months.

I think if the driver has shit blades installed, theyā€™re going to get shit results regardless of washer fluid brands or type.

Be careful of Dealership refills especially for those folks in colder climates - some will just top off your washer fluid with WATER to save their Dealership bucks... have fun when temps are at or below freezing...
I use rain x blades on all of my vehicles, have for years. I was originally a Bosch user as well.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1

No BS.

ā€”

I just put Rain X blades on my Optima, since itā€™s the car that sees rain and crap. I am stunned by how good they are.

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I use Valeo blades but I also clean the windshield at every fill up and wipe my blades down. My blades usually last about 2-3 years.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I just put my first set of new wipers on my 2017 with 46K miles. I keep it garaged. I bought PIAA, which were a major PItA to install (I had to watch the video on their website to figure it out). But after seeing the video they were actually simple. Anyway, the PIAAs are working very well and no squeaking or streaking. I would get again, hopefully not for another 4 years.
Sponsored