bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to share my plan ether Apex EC-7 19x10 ET40 all around with 295/30/19 or Apex SM-10 19x11 ET26 front ET52 rear for same 295/30/19 with an option to go as wide as 305/30/19 according to Apex this will not require spacers or wheel hubs.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It may not be that much of a disadvantage to lose 4-wheel rotation schemes - side to side evens things out fairly well for tires that see track time (where the corners in one direction tend to beat up on the tires on one side more than corners in the other direction beat up on the other side's tires).

Toward mid-life you could do a front tires to rear wheels/rear tires to front wheels remount and rebalance. I'm not sure how - or if - having IRS would affect this.

11" should give you a little more actual cornering performance and definitely better feel/precision. May want slightly firmer roll control (think 'operational camber' here) for best results.

Norm

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to share my plan ether Apex EC-7 19x10 ET40 all around with 295/30/19 or Apex SM-10 19x11 ET26 front ET52 rear for same 295/30/19 with an option to go as wide as 305/30/19 according to Apex this will not require spacers or wheel hubs.
What tire? If you intend to run a 295, the 11” wheel would be the better choice.

A 10” ET40 with a 285 is a very tight fit, I’m not sure if every 295 would fit without spacers.

I don’t see the logic in running different offsets when a 25mm slip on spacer over extended studs gets you there and allows for rotation. It seems like its doing it the easy way, but actually I think you’re swimming upstream.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What tire? If you intend to run a 295, the 11” wheel would be the better choice.

A 10” ET40 with a 285 is a very tight fit, I’m not sure if every 295 would fit without spacers.

I don’t see the logic in running different offsets when a 25mm slip on spacer over extended studs gets you there and allows for rotation. It seems like its doing it the easy way, but actually I think you’re swimming upstream.
I don't want to run spacers find it to be dangerous and cause more issues. I'm having issues with my wheel hubs as we speak because of temps on the track. I don't want to add 25mm slip on spacers. Also tire service here is super cheap I was rotating my wheels whole last season with different offsets. I'm using the Apex fitment guide here for reference:

https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5483093-S550-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to run spacers find it to be dangerous and cause more issues. I'm having issues with my wheel hubs as we speak because of temps on the track. I don't want to add 25mm slip on spacers. Also tire service here is super cheap I was rotating my wheels whole last season with different offsets. I'm using the Apex fitment guide here for reference:

https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5483093-S550-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide
Slip on spacers are not the same as bolt on spacers. Plenty of dedicated race teams use slip on spacers (like 2" in some cases) and they're pretty bulletproof with good studs. Anyway, if you've got a good hookup for rotating tires every now and then that does work fine. The physical offsets and wear on the hubs is no different if you have an et26 or an et51 with a 25mm slip on spacer. The hub can't tell the difference.

Anyway, which tire are you going to run?

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyway, which tire are you going to run?
In Europe the selection of Semi-Slick tires is really limited. I'm running some china made semi slicks named Zestino and they have 140 and 240TW tires. They have 295/30/19 and I currently run with 275/35 on PP wheels with 140TW that last me around 200 laps on my local track.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Slip on spacers are not the same as bolt on spacers. Plenty of dedicated race teams use slip on spacers (like 2" in some cases) and they're pretty bulletproof with good studs.
It's important to have the spacers which actually locate radially on the hub and then locates the wheel the same way, but with good extended studs (I use ARP's, but the others you mentioned look nice) these are as safe as the wheel itself. For the record, I use Eibach 'bolt-on' spacers with the the studs knocked out of the spacers.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It's important to have the spacers which actually locate radially on the hub and then locates the wheel the same way, but with good extended studs (I use ARP's, but the others you mentioned look nice) these are as safe as the wheel itself. For the record, I use Eibach 'bolt-on' spacers with the the studs knocked out of the spacers.
Yeah the OP Mustang spacers I use have to be pried off with a screwdriver if your hubs are even a little rusty, at least when they’re new, they’re a perfect fit. Big centering rings for the wheels to seat to as well. I’ve bever heard of anyone reusing a bolt ol spacer without the bolts. You don’t do anything the normal way do you? Should rename your profile “mavrick”

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Decision made.
New hubs and OP Stang extended GT4 studs on way, with OP 20 mm spacers up front.
Going for squared Apex EC7 wheels 18x11’s et52, to run Toyo RR”s 295”s when both are back in stock (mid- May) fingers crossed.
I’ll fit and check the ride height, stance and clearance with the smaller diameter but wider tires... Then make coilover and camber adjustments.

Next track day is with NASA at Road Atlanta early June, so timing is tight.
If anyone hears of used wheels coming up for sale, please point them in my direction.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Are you wanting to stay 18"?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Are you wanting to stay 18"?
Moving to 18’s from 19’s. I have 285 using 19’s now and experienced rub inside, outside and within the fender liner. Car isn’t that low, but the whole combination caused me to reconsider.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
GY supercar 3R then 285/35/19. Buy thru USAA for 25-30% off.

If you're a track guy then you're going to have to buy 18" wheels or go 19x11" sooner or later I suspect. Not to say you can't fully enjoy the car on 19x10's... I mean, if an instructor can lap 2-3 seconds faster than you on aged out 285's, it's clearly a skills problem, not an equipment one.

What coil-overs are you using?
I have some modestly used 295 Michelin supersports I'd like to get rid of. And a set of NIB 20x11et50 you can use extended studs and spacers on. GoodYear has very good coverage in the 20" size.
Whaaaaaaaat?!! Discount thru USAA do tell or please PM about this magic!!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone hears of used wheels coming up for sale, please point them in my direction.
That's the best part, practically every racing team in IMSA will sell you their Pirelli slicks, where the going rate is $100-125/tire. Figure in another 50 (25/shipping, 25/mount+balance) and then hope you can get 3 track days out of them to stay ahead of a $400 tire that gets you 6. Those slicks are almost always 315/30-18, so get some spacers to push them out 27mm or so, and get a spare 5mm plate just in case the tire you run is wide and kissing things. Would suck to have to go back to the tire store, beg for tires on short notice, mount and balance those... vs just toss on some plates and go have fun.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Whaaaaaaaat?!! Discount thru USAA do tell or please PM about this magic!!
well assuming you're an USAA member log in and then do a member benefits search for tires and you'll find the GOodyear link, click that and your discounts will be transparently applied. My set of 305/30/19 3R's was $1100 mounted, when I bought them.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You don’t do anything the normal way do you? Should rename your profile “mavrick”
It's often budget driven (in this case, I picked them up cheap, NIB), but I've made a decent career of doing things unusually.
Sponsored