OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I started the buy back process with Ford yesterday and received an email requesting to provide the following documentation.

- Old Invoice for Reacquired Vehicle
- New Invoice
- Buyer's Order

I have the Buyer's Order, but what are the first two items? I am guessing it's something the processing dealer provides?
Check your IM :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call for Arbitrator - thatā€™s BS.

Or you can play the game - take it back to the Dealer and tell them to attempt another repair effort...

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Call for Arbitrator - thatā€™s BS.

Or you can play the game - take it back to the Dealer and tell them to attempt another repair effort...
Iā€™m going to appeal the decision. Monday will be 21 days, and my patients is at an all time low

Stormtroopin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Mach 1 on order; ā€˜18 Mustang GT (sold)
Question to you guys how have gone through this, I bought the car outside the state in which I live. Which state's lemon law do I need to adhere to, the state in which I reside or the state in which I bought the car?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Finally, lemon process completed and I got my new 2019 301A PP1 AA.

some more info if you needed.
I did it through BBB. I think it was quicker through BBB. After I filed my claim, BBB sent me the letter of settlement in 2 weeks. and the whole process completed in 2 months 10days. It could have been quicker if the dealer cooperated better. Although my dealer bought the new car for me from another dealer very quick, they were reluctant to bring the car. I waited 2 weeks for the new car to arrive after FORD RAV told me to go pick up my new car.

The negatives of BBB:
I didnt get any discount. I heard some people got good deals for their upgrades when lemoning. But, for me they kept saying they cannot do anything since I filed the claim with BBB.
I strictly payed the MSRP difference (PP1+AA) + the milage penalty (around $500 for 1600miles). I am okay with that too since I got my 2018 with almost $7K off MSRP.

The issue of my 18 was the ticking. My car has stayed in the dealer for 2.5months for ticking.

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

I did it through BBB. I think it was quicker through BBB. After I filed my claim, BBB sent me the letter of settlement in 2 weeks. and the whole process completed in 2 months 10days. It could have been quicker if the dealer cooperated better. Although my dealer bought the new car for me from another dealer very quick, they were reluctant to bring the car. I waited 2 weeks for the new car to arrive after FORD RAV told me to go pick up my new car.

The negatives of BBB:
I didnt get any discount. I heard some people got good deals for their upgrades when lemoning. But, for me they kept saying they cannot do anything since I filed the claim with BBB.
I strictly payed the MSRP difference (PP1+AA) + the milage penalty (around $500 for 1600miles). I am okay with that too since I got my 2018 with almost $7K off MSRP.

The issue of my 18 was the ticking. My car has stayed in the dealer for 2.5months for ticking.
Question for you. Iā€™m about to go through this and Iā€™m wondering if I exchange my car for a different one do I have to go through the financing process again or do they some how roll the new car onto the existing loan?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Question for you. Iā€™m about to go through this and Iā€™m wondering if I exchange my car for a different one do I have to go through the financing process again or do they some how roll the new car onto the existing loan?
If you dont upgrade or pay the difference out of pocket, no need for a new loan.
In my case, I upgraded it and didnt want to pay the difference out of pocket, so I had to get a new loan.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If you dont upgrade or pay the difference out of pocket, no need for a new loan.
In my case, I upgraded it and didnt want to pay the difference out of pocket, so I had to get a new loan.
Good to know. Thanks. I may just let them fix my car. I donā€™t really want to go through the hassle of getting a new loan

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. Thanks. I may just let them fix my car. I donā€™t really want to go through the hassle of getting a new loan
I dont wanna set you in wrong direction, if you dont upgrade the car (get the same msrp car) you dont need a new loan. You only need to pay the milage penalty (1% of the initial price of the car per 1000 miles. lets say your car was $35000 and now it has 2000miles on it. you need to pay $700 out of the pocket at the time of the replacement).

In my case, first complaint was at 1600miles. Although at the time of the replacement I had 4000miles, I was only charged for $500 (1600miles). I guess thats reasonable considering I did few track days, and a deep scratch on my bumper.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I dont wanna set you in wrong direction, if you dont upgrade the car (get the same msrp car) you dont need a new loan. You only need to pay the milage penalty (1% of the initial price of the car per 1000 miles. lets say your car was $35000 and now it has 2000miles on it. you need to pay $700 out of the pocket at the time of the replacement).

In my case, first complaint was at 1600miles. Although at the time of the replacement I had 4000miles, I was only charged for $500 (1600miles). I guess thats reasonable considering I did few track days, and a deep scratch on my bumper.
I may go for it then. I really would like to have an a10 car. I have 15,000 miles right now, but 10,000 at the time of first complaint

Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
I may go for it then. I really would like to have an a10 car. I have 15,000 miles right now, but 10,000 at the time of first complaint
Oh 10000 is miles a lot. You should be ready for around $5000 total ($3500 for milage + 1500 for A10)

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Oh 10000 is miles a lot. You should be ready for around $5000 total ($3500 for milage + 1500 for A10)
The last time I was at my dealer I think I saw a 19 a10 car for the same MSRP that my car was. Covering the mileage will be hard, but not impossible

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The negatives of BBB:

Good to hear you also came out on top into a new S550 and out from under a Lemon!

Be sure to post up your Lemonā€™d VIN - because that car WILL be resold and if the VIN is posted here, someone can find it via a Google search in the future...

How do you like the 2019?

I went from a 2016 to a 2018 in Feb of this year for Buy Back and itā€™s night and day, all for the positive...

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear you also came out on top into a new S550 and out from under a Lemon!

Be sure to post up your Lemonā€™d VIN - because that car WILL be resold and if the VIN is posted here, someone can find it via a Google search in the future...

How do you like the 2019?

I went from a 2016 to a 2018 in Feb of this year for Buy Back and itā€™s night and day, all for the positive...
I didnt have the chance to drive the car since I left for the holidays. I just drove from the dealer to my house. But for me 18 to 19 there is not much difference. I definetely like the velocity blue more than the lightening blue.
This time I got the active exhaust and pp1. Since I just babied to my house no idea about pp1. The active exhaust on track mode felt quiter and non-active with x pipe.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Here is the VIN on my lemon:

2018 FORD MUSTANG VIN: 1FA6P8CFXJ5170395
Sponsored