Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Little advice -
Take that “3-5 business days” with the smallest grain of salt - as most of us who have gone through the process already OR those wrapped up in it have experienced the same statement. It’s definitely going to be longer than that for them to get back to you. You’re going to have to be proactive and YOU will be the one having to do the leg work and getting updates for yourself.

The Ford BuyBack/Refund/RAV process is archaic at best...
Yes sir! So that's all I've been doing haha! Thanks for all of the advice!

3-5 days is a laughable joke when it comes to the RAV process, I will agree 100%.

The biggest thing that can be done is call daily. You will start to feel like you are doing their job for them. Its lousy, but the end result will be worth the work. I won't lie, I lost sleep many nights, got frustrated beyond normal for me, my wife didn't know how to cope with me some days, etc. Its rough.

Im not a patient person to begin with, but this brought it to a whole new level for me.
OMG I just started and it is painful lol. The BBB officially opened up a case so at least that puts a deadline on Ford to respond with legal ramifications if they don't. Thanks!
Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Thank you Cobra Jet!

[MENTION=13960]Cobra Jet[/MENTION]

Thank you very much for creating this thread! Ford just approved my buyback request. Your guidance and insight helped me to pull my documentation together in a professional manner and dealing with Ford CSR in a firm, but respectful, manner.

RTRFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
FORD Buyback Process - Refund or Replacement

Hey guys... wanted to get some feedback as I am just going through the RAV team process right now.

After taking my car in 8 times with the AC Unit burning out in my 2016 EB PP, I called Ford Support and told them I was potentially seeking Lemon Law as a last resort. Almost immediately I was put on hold and then read the basic standard terms of what would happen next.

So I still ended up dropping my car off at the dealership to see if they could fix the issue and I was in a rental for a week.

A week later, I get a call from the RAV team stating they are processing my refund and need additional information. (Mind you, I hadn't even received a response from my original complaint at all). The next day I received the customer letter giving me the option for Replacement or Refund.

Although I havent received a detailed offer... what would be the best route?

Replacement Vehicle - Based on the letter it states that if I get same make, model, & trim they can upgrade me. Does that mean, for example, I can get a brand new '18 model with same everything and have the same amount of payments left on the car minus the usage fee?

Or should the Refund be the better route to go?

This is all new to me, but any insight is appreciated!

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I know lemon laws differ by state. For a replacement, do things like paint protection done by the dealer get carried over to the new vehicle? In CA lemon law only manufacturer items installed by dealer are carried over so my guess would be paint protection does not. Was just curious as to what others have experienced.

EDIT: Cash refund included downpayment, loan payments (including interest), rental car expense, minus "usage allowance" (miles used/120,000). Aftermarket tint was not refunded. Ford will payoff the remaining balance of the loan, including interest.

Last edited:

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Refund check received today and Mustang signed back over to Ford under CA Lemon Law

VIN 1FA6P8CFXJ5114795

Window sticker attached below.

2018 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic metallic, PP, active valve, magneride, smart and safe, recaro seats.

Build date 11/16/17. Originally purchased on 3/27/18. Repurchased by Ford on 6/18/18 with 1,558 miles on the odometer.

Damage to cylinder #8 and #2 from piston slap. Short block replaced by Ford.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Ford also sucks at loan payoff as well. I've had to chase them down for two weeks to make sure they send the payoff check. Besides the RAV dept and the dealer, they also have a separate title release department that processes the loan payoff check. Apparent that department is no better so it takes a lot of calls just to get hold of the RAV case manager and then asking the case manager to walk over to the title release department and watch them process the loan payoff and get a Fedex tracking number for the mailed out check.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Hey guys... wanted to get some feedback as I am just going through the RAV team process right now.

After taking my car in 8 times with the AC Unit burning out in my 2016 EB PP, I called Ford Support and told them I was potentially seeking Lemon Law as a last resort. Almost immediately I was put on hold and then read the basic standard terms of what would happen next.

So I still ended up dropping my car off at the dealership to see if they could fix the issue and I was in a rental for a week.

A week later, I get a call from the RAV team stating they are processing my refund and need additional information. (Mind you, I hadn't even received a response from my original complaint at all). The next day I received the customer letter giving me the option for Replacement or Refund.

Although I havent received a detailed offer... what would be the best route?

Replacement Vehicle - Based on the letter it states that if I get same make, model, & trim they can upgrade me. Does that mean, for example, I can get a brand new '18 model with same everything and have the same amount of payments left on the car minus the usage fee?

Or should the Refund be the better route to go?

This is all new to me, but any insight is appreciated!
I've been thru 2 evap replacements and 1 compressor/accumulator replacement.
On July 5 there will be an inspection on my administrative lemon law claim in PR. How did you get Ford's buy back unit to take over the unit?

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I've been thru 2 evap replacements and 1 compressor/accumulator replacement.
On July 5 there will be an inspection on my administrative lemon law claim in PR. How did you get Ford's buy back unit to take over the unit?
If you haven't opened a customer care case with Ford yet, then do that first. They will assign a regional case manager. You can then request the regional case manager to conduct a lemon law review. If the case manager determines that the requirements have been met based on PR laws, then they will approve and move your case over to the Ford Reacquired Vehicles (RAV) department. RAV will assign a case manager and then they request more info from you and give you the option to get a replacement vehicle or a refund.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thank you Cobra Jet!

[MENTION=13960]Cobra Jet[/MENTION]

Thank you very much for creating this thread! Ford just approved my buyback request. Your guidance and insight helped me to pull my documentation together in a professional manner and dealing with Ford CSR in a firm, but respectful, manner.
Don’t know how I missed the “thanks”, but glad this thread helps others and that you were able to be made whole again and are out from under a problematic vehicle,

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet - with the new forum here, the VIN numbers posted in this thread now flow through to Google - and anyone researching that VIN will be directed to this thread. When doing the same look up in google when the old forum was present, the thread was not picked up in the google search.

Post your lemons!

:)

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I have contacted ford and put in for a buy back on a CPO 15 GT i have had for just over a year. Been at the dealer every 7 or so k for issues.
Cant seem to fix the virbation on the freeway, drive shaft and rear differential rebuilt, multiple visits. Im kinda over it. Will wait for their denial and then pursue other routes when needed. This likely wont fall under lemon law but will fall under the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Last edited:

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
any lawyer recommendation for Texas?
My 18 GT has been in the dealer 52days now.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump for those who need it

Mods - can’t this be stickied? The subject matter comes up all the time in here.
Sponsored