Sponsored

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Yesterday, 12-27 I called to open up the buy back claim. 8AM. Lady took info., gave me a case number and said a claim manager would contact me within one day. I was not contacted yet. Should I give that more time?
Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Wednesday will be thirty days with no repair for me. I’ll be calling ford to start a buy back claim first thing Wednesday morning

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yesterday, 12-27 I called to open up the buy back claim. 8AM. Lady took info., gave me a case number and said a claim manager would contact me within one day. I was not contacted yet. Should I give that more time?
I just opened my claim with the rav department this morning. I’m also curious how long it will take to be contacted. They said I’ll get a letter in the mail within 30 days stating whether or not I qualify for a buy back.

anmut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Droptop Premium
I've read a ton of these buyback posts - most were able to get better resolution by being a squeaky wheel - seems like the reps might be too busy with all the claims. Also, on that VIN posted a few posts above, dang if that doesn't show up in google searches already...

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
I just opened my claim with the rav department this morning. I’m also curious how long it will take to be contacted. They said I’ll get a letter in the mail within 30 days stating whether or not I qualify for a buy back.
Just keep calling when the holidays are over. That what worked for me. I was the bridge between the dealer and the RAV all the time. One of them always waiting for the other one. And I was just pushing always.

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just keep calling when the holidays are over. That what worked for me. I was the bridge between the dealer and the RAV all the time. One of them always waiting for the other one. And I was just pushing always.
Good tip, thanks. That will be my plan as well. I want to get this thing resolved asap. I just hope that the fact that the car has been at my house and not the dealer doesn’t bite me in the ass

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Good tip, thanks. That will be my plan as well. I want to get this thing resolved asap. I just hope that the fact that the car has been at my house and not the dealer doesn’t bite me in the ass
I wasnt caring much how long the process since I have my 18 with me. But, when I selected the new car which had only 3 miles on it, I wanted to get it asap before someone test drives it. At the end I ended up getting it with 16miles. I hope they didnt redline it.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I wasnt caring much how long the process since I have my 18 with me. But, when I selected the new car which had only 3 miles on it, I wanted to get it asap before someone test drives it. At the end I ended up getting it with 16miles. I hope they didnt redline it.
So, question. Did you have your car while you were awaiting repair? And if so did that matter at all?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
So, question. Did you have your car while you were awaiting repair? And if so did that matter at all?
As soon as BBB informed me that there will be a buy back, I told the dealer that I want the car back fixed or not (the ticking). They told me no (thinking that I will abuse the car or whatever). I mentioned that to RAV and RAV told to the dealer to release the car if it is safe to drive. That was at 2400miles. As soon as they put the engine together I picked it and drove it till the new car was delivered to me. At the replacement time, the car had 4400miles. But my milage penalty was for 1600 miles which was at the time of my first complaint.

In short it, didnt matter for my case.
It was much more enjoyable to drive my gt instead of the loaner (F150).

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Dealer told me today that they have the parts for my car and would like me to bring it in next week for the short block replacement. Not sure if that puts the brakes on my lemon law claim, but we’ see I guess.

Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Dealer told me today that they have the parts for my car and would like me to bring it in next week for the short block replacement. Not sure if that puts the brakes on my lemon law claim, but we’ see I guess.
If the numer of days that the car stayed in the shop makes you eligible for buyback according to your states lemon law, it doesnt chance anything.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
Info about my lemon;
2018 GT 301A 1FA6P8CF8J5103648

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
LMAO...

Told you all that Ford doesn’t loose any money on these Buy Backs - they flip them back onto their Franchise Lots... or will auction them off and the vehicle will land on another car lot somewhere in the US...

But if that is on another Ford lot, the car MUST have a decal affixed to it stating and informing the next consumer that the vehicle WAS a Buy Back (Lemon).

Here is an image of the Lemon decal that must be affixed to the vehicle:
2B6A9816-B036-4C3A-8060-2E5678A60D1C.jpeg

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
LMAO...

Told you all that Ford doesn’t loose any money on these Buy Backs - they flip them back onto their Franchise Lots... or will auction them off and the vehicle will land on another car lot somewhere in the US...

But if that is on another Ford lot, the car MUST have a decal affixed to it stating and informing the next consumer that the vehicle WAS a Buy Back (Lemon).

Here is an image of the Lemon decal that must be affixed to the vehicle:
2B6A9816-B036-4C3A-8060-2E5678A60D1C.jpeg
I turned my car over to Ford yesterday. Hopefully the case is wrapped up sometime next week, so I can post all the info. I am planning to keep an eye on it using google and the VIN to see if it lands on another lot.

I am curious why the Carfax report didn't flag it as a manufacturer buyback/lemon.? I've always taken these Carfax reports with a grain of salt but figured something like this would surely show up unless the paperwork hasn't made its way through the system yet.
Sponsored