Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I contacted a rep that the service manager at my dealership set me up with. He escalated things to a regional case manager, or whatever, and we just had back and forth arguments (I want to clarify that we both actually got along quite well, but his lack of ability, or willingness, to help me was annoying) for about a week and a half. Then last Thursday he contacted me and said I hit the 30 days for the lemon law, and he will escalate the case to the RAV department for me in order to do a key for key replacement for a buyback. I got a phone call today (Monday) from RAV, so 2 business days. I haven't decided to go through with it, but things are moving quickly.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I contacted a rep that the service manager at my dealership set me up with. He escalated things to a regional case manager, or whatever, and we just had back and forth arguments (I want to clarify that we both actually got along quite well, but his lack of ability, or willingness, to help me was annoying) for about a week and a half. Then last Thursday he contacted me and said I hit the 30 days for the lemon law, and he will escalate the case to the RAV department for me in order to do a key for key replacement for a buyback. I got a phone call today (Monday) from RAV, so 2 business days. I haven't decided to go through with it, but things are moving quickly.

Be sure to know or read up on your State’s Lemon Law guidelines, Ford RAV adheres to those Laws. In some states the owner may have to pay out for fees or useage penalties. Just want you to be aware (and others) that the Buy Back (vehicle exchange or complete refund) may not be a straight up “key for key” swap.

Good luck with your decision.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Be sure to know or read up on your State’s Lemon Law guidelines, Ford RAV adheres to those Laws. In some states the owner may have to pay out for fees or useage penalties. Just want you to be aware (and others) that the Buy Back (vehicle exchange or complete refund) may not be a straight up “key for key” swap.

Good luck with your decision.
I am aware, but thank you. What I do does depend on how much I'll lose, but considering I only have 1k miles on the car I'd hope "usage fee" wouldn't be much. Unless they want to charge me $1 per mile.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am aware, but thank you. What I do does depend on how much I'll lose, but considering I only have 1k miles on the car I'd hope "usage fee" wouldn't be much. Unless they want to charge me $1 per mile.
It won't be, mine had 1250 miles & the fee was around $400. The calc varies by state, but most are very close. In FL it's price paid (less taxes, dealer fees etc.) x miles / 120,000.

The LL booklet that came with the car should have the correct calc for your state.

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just sent in my packet of documentation to the BBB, and I’ve got a case opened with a ford csr. Just playing the waiting game now

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Tomorrow is the 30 day mark for me. Car has been at the dealership the whole time. Already escalated my case to a customer care manager and told her I want the buy back option. She's supposed to follow up with me this Friday with the details. Also started a case with BBB. 1200 miles logged on the car. Hopefully its just a few hundred bucks and I'm off to the Chevy dealer for a new zl1. Insurance is cheaper too.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Tomorrow is the 30 day mark for me. Car has been at the dealership the whole time. Already escalated my case to a customer care manager and told her I want the buy back option. She's supposed to follow up with me this Friday with the details. Also started a case with BBB. 1200 miles logged on the car. Hopefully its just a few hundred bucks and I'm off to the Chevy dealer for a new zl1. Insurance is cheaper too.
Good for you man! I’m actually hoping a buy back or exchange is forthcoming for me. I don’t quite have the wallet to step up to a zl1, but I’ll probably roll the dice on another s550, so long as I can get one with an a10 and sync3 and not have to come out the pocket too much more

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Good for you man! I’m actually hoping a buy back or exchange is forthcoming for me. I don’t quite have the wallet to step up to a zl1, but I’ll probably roll the dice on another s550, so long as I can get one with an a10 and sync3 and not have to come out the pocket too much more
You usually have to pay the difference of the new car, from yours, at MSRP, if doing an exchange. At least that's what I've been told by Ford, their RAV department, and have been told on here as well.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks! I went and looked at one today. Brand new '19 with insane incentives. It's too good of a deal to pass up. Hopefully this buyback goes well and in a timely manner. I just don't want to risk it with another GT. But best of luck to you and your replacement.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
How much of a hassle is the key for key process? Not that any of it matters considering it's been two weeks since I've heard anything from the RAV department.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I’m at 14 days with no repair. I’ve got an email from the service manager saying it will be the middle of January before they can get to me. The BBB has already denied my claim, but I plan on appealing that when I get closer to the thirty day mark. Just playing the waiting game now

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’m at 14 days with no repair. I’ve got an email from the service manager saying it will be the middle of January before they can get to me. The BBB has already denied my claim, but I plan on appealing that when I get closer to the thirty day mark. Just playing the waiting game now
What was the BBB reason for denial??

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I started the buy back process with Ford yesterday and received an email requesting to provide the following documentation.

- Old Invoice for Reacquired Vehicle
- New Invoice
- Buyer's Order

I have the Buyer's Order, but what are the first two items? I am guessing it's something the processing dealer provides?
Sponsored

Last edited: