Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I should know something this week. I received their first offer which was re a refund offer and I declined it. For one their mileage calculation was way off, and two I wanted a replacement not a refund. My rav rep told me to pick a vehicle where the msrp Was close, and I have.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
For you guys who have completed the buy back process, how long until your case handler called you? They called me last Friday to tell me I'll be getting a call and nothing yet. I've sent in my sales contract and was hoping this process would be fast for me since I bought the car out right and have the pink slip in hand.
Riddle me....Why would a lien effect anything related to warranty?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
People who have had loans say they always mess up the amount paid back because of the interest and paying back the bank etc. I figure my case will be faster since all they gotta do is see what I paid, subtract my mileage usage from the first trip to the dealer and be done with it.
The amount paid back to who?
You or the Lein holder?

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The amount paid back to who?
You or the Lein holder?
Both. In my case Ford RAV didn't have one of my payments reflected in the first buyback worksheet and as result their first offer was off by several hundred dollars.

If you have the title in hand, Ford sends the refund check to the dealer, you go to drop off the car, sign some paperwork as well as the title over to Ford, take your check and you are done. When there is a lien, you still pick up a check when dropping off the car at the dealer (if you have equity in the car) but you also have to sign additional paperwork at the dealer, then you have to wait for Ford RAV to get that paperwork back from the dealer, review it and if everything checks out, they'll approve and send a check for the payoff amount to the lien holder. Once the lien holder receives the check from Ford and the loan is paid off, they release the title to Ford.

I had a loan on my car yet still managed to get through the buyback process in 25 days. Without the loan it would have taken me 19 days.

One suggestion for people going through the buyback process with a loan, make a payment on the loan as soon as your buyback is approved and make sure that payment is reflected in Ford's offer (need to show a copy of the account statement or transaction history). That should give you enough time (at least 30 days) to get through the buyback process without having to make any more payments on the loan and thus screw up the math between what's paid to you and what's paid to the lien holder.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyway can anyone who has experience help me out?
When you log in to myfordhelp.com and click on "My Case", you should see the name of your rep and their seven digit extension on the right hand side. The Ford RAV phone number is at the top right corner of the page. Call that number and use the extension to reach your buyback rep and jump start the process.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both. In my case Ford RAV didn't have one of my payments reflected in the first buyback worksheet and as result their first offer was off by several hundred dollars.

If you have the title in hand, Ford sends the refund check to the dealer, you go to drop off the car, sign some paperwork as well as the title over to Ford, take your check and you are done. When there is a lien, you still pick up a check when dropping off the car at the dealer (if you have equity in the car) but you also have to sign additional paperwork at the dealer, then you have to wait for Ford RAV to get that paperwork back from the dealer, review it and if everything checks out, they'll approve and send a check for the payoff amount to the lien holder. Once the lien holder receives the check from Ford and the loan is paid off, they release the title to Ford.

I had a loan on my car yet still managed to get through the buyback process in 25 days. Without the loan it would have taken me 19 days.

One suggestion for people going through the buyback process with a loan, make a payment on the loan as soon as your buyback is approved and make sure that payment is reflected in Ford's offer (need to show a copy of the account statement or transaction history). That should give you enough time (at least 30 days) to get through the buyback process without having to make any more payments on the loan and thus screw up the math between what's paid to you and what's paid to the lien holder.
19 days sounds pretty reasonable to me

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So at 52 days I’m still waiting on rav. The communication from them has been pretty much non existent. I sent them somewhat of a scathing email yesterday, and In turn I got a scathing email back. I’m feeling less like a customer and more like someone that ford is hoping will go away. Also my car is still at the dealer and at last check work has not even begun yet. I’ll be going down there this morning to verify. I’m at the the pinnacle of frustration!

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My case manager finally called me yesterday. All he asked for was my sales contract and a picture of the pink slip and he should have an offer for me soon. The lack of communication up to this point was lacking though.
Initially for me the communication was ok, but as soon as I switched from a refund to replacement, it became non existent. I guess it’s more of a hassle for them. Either way I’m pretty pissed off. Ford was so helpful and accommodating when I was a potential spender of 40k, but now that I have, I feel like they could give a shit less about me. Anywho, on my way to the stealership now to see what’s up.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Went to the dealer this morning and, big shock, work has not been started on my car! I guess it doesn't matter and at this point I'm going to do everything I can to afford what ever price differential there may be on the replacemen t vehicle that I have already selected

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent them somewhat of a scathing email yesterday, and In turn I got a scathing email back. I’m feeling less like a customer and more like someone that ford is hoping will go away.
You get more with sugar than you do using vinegar.....

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Talked to the rav guy at the dealership, and he told me and showed me the emails he has sent to my rav. He has not gotten a response. I test drove the vehicle that I have selected as my replacement. And he told me he would email her again to see if we can wrap this thing up.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Figured I'll post my last update in this thread since my buy back has now been finalized.

2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
VIN: 1FA6P8CF1J5146938
Mileage 7,287

Bought back by Ford due to the high rpm clutch grind and 2k rpm engine rattle. Neither one of these problems was fixed at the time I surrendered the car back to Ford. Original long block was replaced due to internal damage but the replacement long block also rattled. If this ends up on a lot for sale, hopefully any potential buyers will google the VIN, find this thread and save themselves a ton of time and nerves.

Huge thanks to @Cobra Jet for all the information and guidance he provided before and during the buy back process!

Last edited:

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My 18 is back in my driveway. The rattle is gone for now, and I’m just waiting for the dealership to finalize my substitution of collateral for the 19. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long. I told the dealer I would like to be in my new car by the end of the week, but that seems a little unlikely at this point

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
Well I just hit 30 consecutive days of the car inoperable due to an issue with the transmission. Parts are on back order until 02/15 and they still haven't looked at the tick on the motor. I've got a case started with BBB. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Finally got my offer letter. I'll only lose $374. Hoping this is all done by next week. So far besides having to wait a week for every update it hasn't been too bad of a process.
That’s not bad at all. You must have had low mileage? Are you doing a refund or exchange?
Sponsored